#013: The ViDiOTS Have Arrived!

Daily conversations, fandom updates, and everything else!

Re: #013: The ViDiOTS Have Arrived!

Postby Lurky » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 am

Pasty wrote:Yay, Runaways has been picked up for the series.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/marvels-run ... 202082303/

Now, I just have to figure out how to watch it in Canada. :) Bravo Canada just picked up The Handmaid Tale from Hulu so there is hope for us Canadians.

There is always a way to bring it here if needs be. ;)
Lurky
Vamp

Postby Pasty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:11 am

Lurky wrote:There is always a way to bring it here if needs be. ;)

Ha, I hope so. Looking forward to it.
:P
Pasty
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Just a FYI for anyone using Photobucket to post pics or whatever to forums, etc. They have now gone to a very expensive pay format, the cheapest $99. per annum. If you post pics to the forums, your account will be shut down. I've been fighting all day just to get into it and see what's going on. Ran into a ton of problems trying to download and change to another service. If anyone knows of another service that is good and cheap for hosting, let me know. I've set up a small account with DropShots and already have one with Flickr.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Pasty » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi everyone.

Hooray they announced that Showcase in Canada will be showing Runaways in November, so we will be able to see it here. :D :D

Patrick Wang the creator of The Bread Factory just made one of his previous films available on Amazon and Vimeo if anyone is interested. I am looking forward to watching it.

IN THE FAMILY is now available on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/ondemand/inthefamilymovie …) and Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074FHNHBN/ ) Give it a watch this weekend!
Pasty
Vamp

Postby Lurky » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:05 am

Pasty wrote:Hi everyone.

Hooray they announced that Showcase in Canada will be showing Runaways in November, so we will be able to see it here. :D :D

I'm glad Patsy!
Lurky
Vamp

Postby Teep_P12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Posting this for reference...

http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-femi ... cole-says/

Mainly because I wanted to let everyone know that Whedonesque is shutting down today.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/36482
"So farewell then. 15 years is a long time and a lot of water has flowed under the bridge. But now it's time to say goodbye. No more threads after this one, we're closing down. The site will at some stage become a read only site. So if you want to leave your contact details in this thread for other posters to get in touch that would be great otherwise email us at whedonesque@gmail.com.

The admins would like to thank the posters at this site. You made this site and we wouldn't have lasted as long as we could without you. So thank you. And if you want to mark our passing, please find a charity or organisation that deals with the treatment of Complex post-traumatic stress disorder (C-PTSD) and leave a donation.

And a special thanks to Caroline who I had the privilege of meeting."

Simon | Site news | 16:13 CET | 162 comments total (95 new) | tags: whedonesque
Teep_P12
Site Admin

Postby Lurky » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Yeah I saw that. How the mighty fall. I wonder if it's all true and if it is which actresses he fooled around with.
Lurky
Vamp

Postby Pasty » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 pm

I feel so sorry Kai and the kids, but I kind if wish she didn't go so public with it, not for his sake because he's a prick, but for the kids. It's going to be hard seeing your Dad plastered all over the news.
Pasty
Vamp

Postby Lurky » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:49 am

Pasty wrote:I feel so sorry Kai and the kids, but I kind if wish she didn't go so public with it, not for his sake because he's a prick, but for the kids. It's going to be hard seeing your Dad plastered all over the news.

Yeah I agree. He is plastered all over the news. Apparently they've been divorced for 2 years now so I wonder why did she bring this out now. It's sad all around.
Lurky
Vamp

Postby laimelady » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:59 am

Lurky wrote: ... Apparently they've been divorced for 2 years now so I wonder why did she bring this out now. It's sad all around.

Everyone's wrestling with the Joss Whedon revelations- mashable
WaPo article ‘Hypocrite preaching feminist ideals’

“I want to let women know that he is not who he pretends to be,” Cole wrote. “I want the people who worship him to know he is human, and the organizations giving him awards for his feminist work, to think twice in the future about honoring a man who does not practice what he preaches.”

... I went from being a strong, confident woman, to a confused, frightened mess,” she wrote. “I was eventually diagnosed with Complex PTSD and for the last five years, I have worked hard to make sense of everything that happened and find my balance again.
The show and Whedon were lauded for their feminist message. “Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s feminism is still subversive, 20 years later,” Vox recently proclaimed.“Buffy Summers: Third-Wave Feminist Icon,” read a headline in the Atlantic.
Image Kindof understand. Divorce is tough enough, but losing yourself in the process must have been even more emotionally destructive, imho.
Kai, once being an integral part of team Whedon only to be shafted... repeatedly and now able to correct-the-record/find balance... Brilliant.

Been there, done that. Saw a couples therapist before, during, then afterwards alone to regroup 'self.'
Pissed me off when so called friends (mostly the guys) would try to cajole me into welcoming Doug when we'd inadvertently see each other at events.
I'm not on this planet to make others feel better about themselves when they didn't act right in the first place. No reason to comfort a jerk. Period. Ever.

Suggested reading for anyone under personal stress
1988 book What You Think of Me is None of My Business

ImageImage Hurricane Central in my thoughts. Image
Image Image Image Prayers for CDSers affected by Harvey, Irma, and/or Jose. May you be safe, healthy, and happy ImageImageImage
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to General Thread