#009: Tap, tap, tap* Come on HBO, tell us something!!!! :D

Daily conversations, fandom updates, and everything else!

Re: #009: Tap, tap, tap* Come on HBO, tell us something!!!!

Postby tactile » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Bringing these over from SupportSpike

‎JamesMarsters on "full frontal" potential for HBO pilot ‎TheDevilYouKnow - at about 1 hour & 25
minutes into the broadcast...

The Tuesday spot featuring….James Marsters - blogtalkradio

Posted on 15th September, 2015 by Jill. I had the opportunity to interview Mr. Marsters at Wizard
World Pittsburgh Media…

Fangirl Exclusive: JAMES MARSTERS – Diary of a Fangirl

Buffy Anniversary '97 Season 2/Episode 01: When She Was Bad
Buffy returns from summer vacation with a "major attitude" and recurring
nightmares involving the Master, even as the Anointed One and his followers plot their revenge.

http://ow.ly/GGdoF

Image Buffy The Vampire Slayer: When She Was Bad
Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby laimelady » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:31 pm

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage Image
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

Postby Berengaria » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:13 pm

Happy Birthday, Gray Sunrise! Hope you have a great day.
Berengaria
Teen Vamp

Postby tactile » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Happy Birthday, GraySunrise!! Hope you have a fantastic day and an even more fantastic year. Image

Bringing this over from SupportSpike

James Marsters – The Official Page Interview with Phillip Siddiq in San Jose.

You all know him as Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but there is more to James Marsters than that!
Watch and enjoy! Share this video with your friends... https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=207&v=3T4PMNzZYaQ

Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Lurky » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Did anyone watch Nick on Dr. Phil last night? I saw a little bit of it and Nick comes off terrible. He looked like he had a chip on his shoulder and when Dr. Phil read his letter asking for help Nick said he just wanted to bring a message out about alcoholism and depression and not anything about himself and kept on very angrily saying to Dr. Phil "Its your show what do you want to talk about". Dr. Phil mentioned that Nick was in a bar the night before the show and that's when he walked off the show.

I don't like Dr. Phil but this time it was Nick who really looked bad in my opinion. He really really needs help and I don't think he is ready for it. It's very sad.

This is what he posted on his Facebook page. He admits he got really really drunk the night before.

So…that aired. It was extremely sad that the producers decided to sensationalize and exaggerate the already-disappointing events of the past year, especially the events of the week leading up to taping. A few things I need to clarify, for the sake of my family and loved ones.

Dr. Phil had some hard words for my mother, who I love dearly and who I have caused more heartache than I care to remember.
When I was molested as a child, it was 1982. Therapy wasn’t talked about and accepted the way it is today. Going to therapy in 1982 would be similar to getting a divorce in 1950. It wasn’t done, and if it was, it wasn’t supported by those around you. There certainly were not the kind of resources that fortunately exist for abused children today. My mother, a victim of child abuse herself, was convinced by others that the best thing for me was to just put it behind us and move forward. My mother regrets this deeply, and it hurt me that Dr. Phil took her to task for not forcing me into treatment at the time.
My mother has always done the best she can for her children, and if any of you have parents that have never made a wrong turn, bravo. If you know a child in danger, treatment is the answer, even if they don’t want it.
The night before the show taped, I got drunk. Drunk to the point I still smelled of it the following morning.
I was very stressed about doing the show, and was very upset that an attempt was made to blindside me by bringing on my former booking agent Andrea Albin, a manipulative, unprofessional person several former clients are pursuing legal action against and who frankly I never wanted to see or hear from again. The worst combination I can imagine is an addict (no sense denying it, I am) and a self-serving enabler.
Ours was a mutually destructive relationship and we are better off without each other. While it didn’t make it to air, I’m glad that at least the studio audience was able to see a small portion of her lies exposed by Dr. Phil. I’ve done several conventions since walking away and have had no problems with fans or the law since. Hoping to continue the trend. It’s been nice.
I always have and always will take full responsibility for my actions. I will also defend my loved ones. I am grateful for the support of my family, girlfriend and my wonderful fans. By no means am I a perfect person, but I am also not the monster as portrayed by this show.
I am actively participating in treatment and remaining positive in the light of negativity. It will remain my goal to one day obtain the clarity and clearness of spirit that Dr. Phil demonstrates daily.
I commend those living with depression, alcoholism, the kicker that is dual diagnosis and are brave enough to speak out and ask for help. You guys are my heroes.
-Nicky
Lurky
Vamp

Postby laimelady » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Poor, poor Nicky! Hollywood-land in LA-LA land is so unforgiving.

I HATE Dr. Phil. He is such a schill and reminds me of Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray. Living vicariously through others. Bad hangers-on.
I saw bits of Dr. Drew show awhile back and he seemed sincerely concerned about his "guests" and less about being out front. Still being on TV make even normal people weird. :roll:

Glad Nicky posted on FB to advocate for his mom and family.
Didn't he recently get married :?: and now... "I am grateful for the support of my family, girlfriend :!: and my wonderful fans."

Wonder how his bro is handling the negative press?
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

Postby Pasty » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:49 pm

Yeah I saw it and we were right it was a big mistake to do the show. He did come off badly, but I don't know what he was expecting to happen when he went on the show.
I hope he gets the help he needs. I've seen a few comments in places about his convention manager, and they haven't been good and apparently Dr. Phil exposed some of what she was saying, but for some reason they didn't air that part.

Patsy
Pasty
Vamp

Postby zubiemom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:51 pm

laimelady wrote:Poor, poor Nicky! Hollywood-land in LA-LA land is so unforgiving.

I HATE Dr. Phil. He is such a schill and reminds me of Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray. Living vicariously through others. Bad hangers-on.
I saw bits of Dr. Drew show awhile back and he seemed sincerely concerned about his "guests" and less about being out front. Still being on TV make even normal people weird. :roll:

Glad Nicky posted on FB to advocate for his mom and family.
Didn't he recently get married :?: and now... "I am grateful for the support of my family, girlfriend :!: and my wonderful fans."

Wonder how his bro is handling the negative press?

The marriage only lasted 5 months. She claims he cheated, but who knows... I did get a really bad vibe from his mom. She talked about calling him Needy Nicky even when he was little. Aren't most small children needy?

I hope he finally gets into an effective program and gets himself together.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Just popping in really quick to say thank you for the lovely birthday wishes...I had a peaceful and relaxed kind of day. Rather perfect. :)
Gray
Toddler Vamp

Postby sueworld » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:57 am

Belated birthday wishes to you Gray. :D

Glad to hear it was a good one.

I haven't see the Whole Dr Phil thing, but it sounds just awful. :(
sueworld
Child Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to General Thread