CDS PETS

Everything else!

Re: CDS PETS

Postby zubiemom » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:44 pm

tactile wrote:
zubiemom wrote:Candy and I had our first ever adventure in the Obedience ring last week. It was also my first time to show in my powerchair. She did pretty well on Heeling and her recall was good, but she somehow forgot she'd ever heard the word Stay. I rolled away and she stood up. That was that. We'll try again in October.

Aww... bless! Candy did well given it was her first time. Ahem! I too have been known to forget what 'stay' means.. on occasion. ;)

Kaylee ran Flyball for 3 straight days on 2 teams each day. By Sunday she was tired, but still eager to run. She is now a Flyball Master Champion.

Master Champion! Wow! Well done to Kaylee. All your hard work (as hers) has certainly paid off. :)

The frustrating thing with Candy is that she does everything perfectly in class, in practice, and in mock shows. She only forgets Stay when it actually counts. :cry:

And Kaylee has been pretty much flawless in flyball for about 4 years now. Before I had the powerchair, other people had to run her because she'd pull me down, and she would run for anyone, even total strangers. It's so much fun to be back in the ring with my silly maniac. Flyball isn't work for her - it's pure joy.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby Spike's Wolf » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:57 pm

[img]Favorite%20Resting%20Spot%20-%20Copy.JPG[/img]

Here is a picture of my new Flame Point Himalayan kitten. He loves to help with the computer. Here he is at 11 weeks
Attachments
Favorite Resting Spot - Copy.JPG
Favorite Resting Spot - Copy.JPG (34.98 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
Spike's Wolf
Master Vamp

Postby tactile » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Awwwww! What a gorgeous kitten! Look at those eyes! He's beautiful. You're going to have lots of fun together. What's his name, Wolfie?
Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Spike's Wolf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:30 am

tactile wrote:Awwwww! What a gorgeous kitten! Look at those eyes! He's beautiful. You're going to have lots of fun together. What's his name, Wolfie?

His papered name is Kipling's Kim by he is called Kip. In the nearly three weeks I have had him he has won my heart and has won over my 6 year old Lynx point and my 14 year old Flame point. He is a real doll. I will upload new pictures soon.
Spike's Wolf
Master Vamp

Postby tactile » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Oh, Kip is a great name. He's going to have a ball - (figuratively and literally) with you and your two points. :)
Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby zubiemom » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:08 pm

I have to brag. I had to stop training and showing in Obedience because my legs wouldn't let me walk that much, and then a friend gave me a power wheelchair. Kaylee's breeder gave me a 2 year old Flat-Coat (Candy) that I started training and showing in the chair, and we earned her first Obedience title (Beginner Novice) in October and November. It's been a challenge for me and for my instructors; I'm the first wheelchair user in the 50+ year history of my training club, and the techniques that I always used and they teach don't all translate to the chair. Between us, we figured out work-arounds that I could use with a paralyzed arm and the chair, and now we're training for Novice and Open. We'll hopefully be going back in the ring in May to attempt Novice. There is one Rally exercise that I cannot physically do in the chair while the dog is on-leash and Rally Novice MUST be done on leash, so a friend is working with Candy to get her through her RN; then I'll take over for Advanced and Excellent Rally, which are off-leash.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby zubiemom » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:32 pm

And once again I brag. This past Saturday Kaylee earned her ONYX title in Flyball. That means she reached 20,000 points. That's a lot of racing when the max you can get per run is 25 points! She ran full time on 2 teams all weekend and never made a mistake. Her bungling human sometimes let her go at the wrong nanosecond, but Kaylee did her part perfectly.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Previous

Return to Off Topic