CDS PETS

Everything else!

Re: CDS PETS

Postby wispy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:07 am

Oscar has great balance and just look at that face. A couple days ago my dog Honey was sleeping like that at the top of the stairs and inadvertently rolled over. She tumbled a few stairs and righted herself and came out unscathed but she scared the bejeesus out of my husband. Silly doggie.
wispy
Master Vamp

Postby tactile » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Aww...bless Oscar's adorable laid back self. My late doggie was a Border Collie/Jack Russel cross - don't ask. He loved lying/sleeping on his back, like that - not on the back of the sofa, of course. He was much too big for that. Thanks for sharing Oscar's pics with us, Linpen.

Glad Honey was non the worse for her little mishap, Wispy. Sounds like she gave your hubby quite a fright.

"Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:04 am

Oh gosh! That Oscar is the cutest!
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby zubiemom » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 pm

tactile wrote:Aww...bless Oscar's adorable laid back self. My late doggie was a Border Collie/Jack Russel cross - don't ask. He loved lying/sleeping on his back, like that - not on the back of the sofa, of course. He was much too big for that. Thanks for sharing Oscar's pics with us, Linpen.

There are reputable breeders who intentionally breed Border Collies to Jack Russells (after doing all appropriate health and temperament checks, of course.) They only place the pups with homes that will be actively working them in Agility and Flyball. That cross is phenomenal in those sports. I couldn't live with a Border Jack, though - most are extremely high energy and intense. They have no Off switch. Fun to be around, though.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby linpen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:08 pm

One more( I coudn't resist)

Oscars 2nd Birthday was last Saturday. Lola, amazingly sat still with him for the photo.
zubiemom wrote:most are extremely high energy and intense. They have no Off switch.
describes Lola exactly. Total opposites in temperament. :D
linpen
Toddler Vamp

Postby tactile » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:35 pm

zubiemom wrote:There are reputable breeders who intentionally breed Border Collies to Jack Russells (after doing all appropriate health and temperament checks, of course.) They only place the pups with homes that will be actively working them in Agility and Flyball. That cross is phenomenal in those sports. I couldn't live with a Border Jack, though - most are extremely high energy and intense. They have no Off switch. Fun to be around, though.

Hubby was a dog obedience trainer for many years - back in the day. My dog (Kojac) was area obedience champion in his younger years. He was well trained, but still retained plenty of spirit...and curiosity.

Linpen, Oscar and Lola look too adorable in their coats - love the tartan. Well, I would being half Scottish. :D

"Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby laimelady » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:15 am

I had Afghan hounds ages ago when I was married. Dessert web-toed, hound, Aristophanes Black-Meiers "Eric" was a giant kitten!
He broke his ankle as a 6 month old jumping off a balcony trying to say hi to neighbors! Because the break didn't grow lenght-swise it created a slight bend, he was never shown. Even in his weekly 'cast' he played catchmeifyoucan!

When friends, heck, even strangers visited, he'd start off sitting near them, then head on knee, and before you knew it he'd be inyourlap-dog! Embarrassing for me, shocking to lap-ee who stare up into a large gaping fang-filled mouth!

OTH, Makishla, a smaller, heavier, tufted-toed, mountain hound, was a darling lady, very well behaved.

My ex was lousy at training, but Eric would obey me... when Doug wasn't around!

http://youtu.be/UcT4paZfflg Big Cat pumpkin carving ...er, bobbing :lol:

http://youtu.be/G4Sn91t1V4g 1 #DearKitten Welcome
http://youtu.be/3yNSF7ljOoU 2 #DearKitten About the Dog

#DearKitten Goes Viral, June 2014
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

Postby zubiemom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:27 am

I guess I'll brag here since I've already done it on FB and LJ. This past weekend I took my younger Flat-Coated Retriever to an Obedience/Rally trial. I am no longer able to be on my feet enough to train and show her myself; fortunately wonderful friends in my obedience and flyball clubs have been willing to step in and take over. Kaylee is willing to work with anybody in any dog sport - she loves everyone and everything. She needs to know I'm nearby, but once she knows where I am she's fine.

Leslie took her into the Novice Obedience ring both days and completed her CD (the Novice title). Cynthia took her into Rally Advanced on Saturday and completed her RA; on Sunday she and Kaylee got her first Rally Excellent qualifying score (3 are needed for the title). Next month we're hoping she and Leslie get her first CPE agility Qs, and in December she and Nancy should get her FM (Flyball Master).

Now we're on to training for Open and Graduate Novice obedience titles. I get no credit for her achievements; I merely pay the entry fees and transport The Princess to classes, practices, and events. And bring her home with me and love her, of course.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby linpen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 am

zubiemom wrote:And bring her home with me and love her, of course.

The most important part of all.

Congratulations to you , Kaylee and your friendly helpers :)
linpen
Toddler Vamp

Postby tactile » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Check out the wee cheeky weasel, hitchin’ a ride…on the back of a woodpecker... :D

BBC News:

~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic