Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Paula » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:21 pm

"A disaster of a movie in every respect except the one I was hoping for."

Bravo, spacenewt. That's a great line. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 am

spacenewt wrote:I have a real fondness for disaster movies so was really looking forward to seeing Pompeii :(

Oh deary, deary me..... a disaster of a movie in every respect except the one I was hoping for.

Everything about this movie is truly awful!
Kieffer must have really needed the money!

I saw POMPEII when it came out and I wrote on the old board that Kiefer Sutherland just ruined the movie even more. Wow...such miscasting!! I wasn't thrilled with the guy from GRIMM being in the movie as well. Both actors looked out of place IMO in this film. I did like how ripped Jon Snow was though ;) Yep, shallow.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:09 pm

THE GUEST- This movie has received outstanding reviews and I don't really get it but then again, I'm a bit jaded. It was good and served as a homage to 80's movies but I have to say that I scratched my head over some plot holes. The movie moves slowly but when the violence starts, it slams. Dan Stevens who played the proper gentleman married to Lady Mary On DOWNTON ABBEY plays the lead character. His American accent is impeccable and he has slimmed down to a lean, mean and yummy killing machine. If Dan S took this role to distance himself from Matthew Crawley, let's just say he definitely nuked Matthew to smithereens. Dan Stevens was mesmerizing and took on the skin of the character. Yep, I think this actor can tackle some meaty roles. Hope he gets the chance.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm

A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES - I thought it was a decent movie but not the typical Liam Neeson movie I am used to seeing in the past 10 years with break neck speed to save a family member and leaving a high body count along the way. Liam is out to find killers as an unlicensed P.I. It's dark, introspective, bloody and pretty nerve wracking at times. Definitely not for the squeamish.

EQUALIZER- Very, very disappointing IMHO. This movie is not well made which surprised me since this is DENZEL WASHINGTON. Lazy sloppy plotting and lazy inept editing and it has to resort to cliches. It's bloody so not for the squeamish. Heck, stay away from this stinker. The movie ends with a definite feel that DW wants to make this a franchise. Please no.

I plan on seeing DRACULA this weekend. It's Dracula so I HAVE to see it!!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Spike's Wolf » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Myth wrote:EQUALIZER- Very, very disappointing IMHO. This movie is not well made which surprised me since this is DENZEL WASHINGTON. Lazy sloppy plotting and lazy inept editing and it has to resort to cliches. It's bloody so not for the squeamish. Heck, stay away from this stinker. The movie ends with a definite feel that DW wants to make this a franchise. Please no.

Thanks for the heads up Myth as I had planned to see the movie with a friend this weekend. Now we will need to see something else.
Spike's Wolf
Master Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Spike's Wolf wrote:
Myth wrote:EQUALIZER- Very, very disappointing IMHO. This movie is not well made which surprised me since this is DENZEL WASHINGTON. Lazy sloppy plotting and lazy inept editing and it has to resort to cliches. It's bloody so not for the squeamish. Heck, stay away from this stinker. The movie ends with a definite feel that DW wants to make this a franchise. Please no.

Thanks for the heads up Myth as I had planned to see the movie with a friend this weekend. Now we will need to see something else.

Go see GONE GIRL. The reviews are very good. I quit reading the book at around page 120 because I couldn't stand the main character being so clueless. I've been told by EVERYONE that the book/story ramps up and I should have finished it but then I heard about the movie being made. I decided to find out the twists by watching everything unfold on the screen.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:59 pm

GONE GIRL - I am so happy that I couldn't push myself to finish the book because I may have jumped off the balcony! My curiosity and all the positive book and movie reviews actually 'forced' me into seeing the film. The acting is top notch and Rosamund Pike is a revelation. Make no mistake, this is a dark film about the death of a marriage and and how the crazy news media can play havoc with a person's life. Go see it if you like twists and turns and want to walk out repeating....'whoa' and 'daaaaamn'! I liked the movie. It left an impression and I sure won't be forgetting it. The movie is long.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:19 pm

I saw the new DRACULA. Not great but not bad. It is entertaining. Luke Evans is gorgeous and makes a good Drac and it ended with a stab for a franchise.

Out of all the movies I've seen in the past several months, I think only GONE GIRL is a must-see at the theater. Yep, it is worth the admission. In a way I am glad that I put the book down at around page 120 because it left me wide open to all the twists and turns.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:19 pm

I saw FURY. I do like a good WWII movie sometimes. Well done and all the actors were good. I finally saw LONE SURVIVOR on cable and I have to say that I wore a hole in my carpet pacing back and forth during that movie. Talk about tense!! Both these movies are not for squeamish. I plan on seeing JOHN WICK next. The reviews are awesome and it seems like the movie is 'nerdvana' :P
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 pm

JOHN WICK - a stylish action revenge flick. Really. Great fight and shoot out scenes and Keanu Reeve is at the top of his game as a revenge seeking retired hitman. Brings back fond memories of the MATRIX but the fight scenes for JW are cooler IMHO. I don't care if KR has gotten flack because of his acting range, I've always liked him and it is good to see him in a film that I am sure will do quite well at the box office. The other actors were simply great to see in supporting roles like John Leguizamo, Ian McShane and Wilhem Dafoe. Peter Nyquist and Alfie Allen have the bigger roles. It was good to see Alfie Allen in something besides GAME OF THRONES as the broken Theon. The body count is comprised of all bad and nasty mafia guys so I didn't cringe even once and I was happy in my bloodlust :P There's humor in the film as well but I can't talk about it due to spoilers. Once again....not for the squeamish.

The trailer for the new AVENGERS movie has been leaked on line. Looks good!

http://www.thewrap.com/the-avengers-age ... ine-video/
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies