In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby laimelady » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Just discovered that Tom Hiddleston tunes up for Hank Williams biopic with fest performance. Wonder if those lucky few in Michigan knew they were listening to Loki do singer-songwriter's cover songs!
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Can't say much about Loki as I haven't watched those THOR movies, but I thought TH was quite good as Prince Hal in THE HOLLOW CROWN. I think he'll make a dandy Hank Williams.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:47 pm

laimelady wrote:Just discovered that Tom Hiddleston tunes up for Hank Williams biopic with fest performance. Wonder if those lucky few in Michigan knew they were listening to Loki do singer-songwriter's cover songs!

WHAT?!!!!!! :o

I'm Michigan and I knew nothing about this! I would have gone....after I figured out where the hell Wheatland/Remus Michigan was. This just boggles my mind because I don't even know what route TH must have taken to get to this central Michigan town. Totally unbelievable but awesome....all the way from England to Wheatland. Just boggles!

Hmmmmm....Loki. Yum. Paula...watch a wee bit of THOR just to catch TH. He caught my eye right away and believe it or not, it was his acting that got me.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Sorry, Myth, that's a big negative on THOR. I cannot stand comic book superhero movies. I'd rather sit through a Rainer Werner Fassbinder film festival than endure one of those. However, I do find this rather amusing. If only Loki would take out those smart ass brats. He's supposed to be a bad guy, right? :twisted: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALUCl2p4aFc
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Paula wrote:Sorry, Myth, that's a big negative on THOR. I cannot stand comic book superhero movies. I'd rather sit through a Rainer Werner Fassbinder film festival than endure one of those. However, I do find this rather amusing. If only Loki would take out those smart ass brats. He's supposed to be a bad guy, right? :twisted: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALUCl2p4aFc

Just think Alan Rickman in DIE HARD with body armor and cape and a big staff 8-) And then I suppose you'll tell me you never saw DIE HARD because of Bruce Willis. Sigh. Your a tough act Paula..... :lol: Oh heck, go to youTube and watch a 1 minute Loki clip/vid
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:36 pm

I have seen DIE HARD. Liked Alan Rickman, but didn't care for the movie overall.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Paula wrote:I have seen DIE HARD. Liked Alan Rickman, but didn't care for the movie overall.

**Hits head on desk**..... :lol:

Remember Dan Steven/Matthew Crawley from DOWNTON ABBEY? Look at his movie coming out 9/19. Yowsers!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0E2Qh6wLS4
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Poor Dan Stevens being typecast like that. Will he never escape the specter of Matthew Crawley?
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Saw THE DROP today with Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini. Such a good film!! It is a drama and even though it is about the mob in Brooklyn, it is very much a character study and seriously, Tom Hardy was perfection. TH is always extraordinary IMHO and he was amazing in this film. All performances were great. It is slow and it builds but it works beautifully.
Myth
Vamp

Postby spacenewt » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:55 pm

I have a real fondness for disaster movies so was really looking forward to seeing Pompeii :(

Oh deary, deary me..... a disaster of a movie in every respect except the one I was hoping for.

Everything about this movie is truly awful!
Kieffer must have really needed the money!
spacenewt
Baby Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies