In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Paula » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 pm

I might be inclined to watch the umpteenth version of JURASSIC PARK if they went for a hard R rating with violence and gore aplenty. One of the problems I have with these movies is they tend to soft pedal it. From what I've seen of the trailers, just not that interested. I will concede that Chris Pratt is a very appealing actor. He played my second favorite character on PARKS AND RECREATION.

MAD MAX? Remake. Pass.

THE AVENGERS? Comic book super heroes in a sequel from Joss Whedon. That's the hat trick of movie no no's for me. :lol:

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.? Yet another remake. Pass.

Sure would be nice if Hollywood would stop cannibalizing itself for five minutes and give us something original for a change. :roll:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:31 pm

Sure would be nice if Hollywood would stop cannibalizing itself for five minutes and give us something original for a change. :roll:

Nope. Money and brain cells required 8-)

Good, bad or ugly, I'll check these movies out. I need popcorn fixes.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:22 pm

I saw EX MACHINA. Quiet. Tense. Thought provoking. Unsettling. Slow paced. How's that? Definitely not for everyone but it may be worth it when movie choices on cable are sparse. Deals with A.I. Critics seem to be crazy for it.

Tomorrow....AVENGERS!!! I am looking forward to 'big' and 'loud'. I was entertained by the first movie but I was disappointed by how horribly formulaic it was so I hope those fillers are done and on to more original scripting.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 pm

A formulaic comic book super hero movie? Color me surprised! :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sat May 02, 2015 10:47 am

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. The following is my opinion, Okay? I thought it was basically one long ass turd. So dumb. I think JW phoned in the plot after sketching out comic book pages. The plot was held together by noise, action and massive CGI. I will never go to see an AVENGERS movie again but may watch on cable. Gah!! I watched BLACKLIST Thursday night so imagine me when I heard James Spader as Red Reddington as ULtron. Very distracting! It doesn't matter what I think since the Box Office will explode and Mr. Potato Head's popularity will continue to rise as will his arrogance. The first AVENGER movie had Loki so I didn't bitch too much. I am now seriously tired of Ironman and Robert Downey Jr. The Hulk was good and I did like Quicksilver and was happy to see Paul Bettany but he deserves better roles. Quicksilver had Spike's 'school boiler room I got a soul hai'r :D Dang, SERENITY is one of my favorite films so I am heartily disappointed that JW hasn't been able to match that brilliance. Guess he won't have to with all the money rolling in and his fan base accepting anything he does. Sigh.

Popcorn was great!!

My next loud movie will be MAD MAX. I am looking forward to Tom Hardy in an action film and how he handles it.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Sat May 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Here you go, Myth. Took care of Joss Whedon for you.

http://cdn.damninteresting.com/wp-conte ... _annie.gif
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Tue May 05, 2015 10:41 am

:D I'll drink to that. I've really gotten to hate movies that rely on nothing but exploding CGI crap in lieu of plots and real action. It's just boring. If I wanted to watch Saturday morning cartoons, I'd watch Bugs Bunny.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue May 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Love those old Warner Brothers cartoons. They were completely warped and demented just like me! :twisted:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed May 06, 2015 12:47 pm

sister cuervo wrote::D I'll drink to that. I've really gotten to hate movies that rely on nothing but exploding CGI crap in lieu of plots and real action. It's just boring. If I wanted to watch Saturday morning cartoons, I'd watch Bugs Bunny.

Hmmmm....Bugs Bunny...he THE man or wabbit ;) Loved the Road Runner
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed May 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Daffy Duck was the man!
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies