In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Myth » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Guess what movie I saw? If you're thinking 50 SHADES OF GREY then....you're so wrong :lol: Just not my cup of tea. I saw KINGSMEN SECRET SERVICE. It was good but not as good as I had hoped. Still, Colin Firth makes a very dashing gentleman spy. He must have had a blast learning all the moves for the fight scenes.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:35 pm

I was in Florida visiting my mother and I was forced (yes forced) to see CHAPPIE and the LAZARUS EFFECT. Ugh. Wait for cable....and then still wait!! DISTRICT 9 is one of my favorite movies and the writer/director keeps trying to make another movie with a similar impact and he is failing big time IMHO. CHAPPIE actually looked good from the previews but it is such a disappointment.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Upcoming movies slide show....watch, stream or skip -

Movies
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:53 am

Myth wrote:Upcoming movies slide show....watch, stream or skip -

Movies

I read that article and, in all honesty, I'd skip every single movie listed.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:52 am

Paula wrote:

Movies

I read that article and, in all honesty, I'd skip every single movie listed.

Not me. I am panting for JURASSIC WORLD :D Good or bad, I am going to go and see it. There are a few more movies that interest me but I have really been turned off with with what has been out there for months now!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:03 pm

I've just had my fill of sequels. Wasn't a big fan of JURASSIC PARK to begin with. Could also do without all the blasted remakes, especially of horror films. What's scary about watching a movie when I already know what's going to happen? Would also love to see a moratorium on comic book super heroes and adaptations of young adult dystopian novels. So indescribably boring.
Paula
Vamp

Postby laimelady » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Movies

Love Joss Whedon's Marvel Comics - Disney Movies. Has ALL of Buffy 8-) Coolness: Action, :lol: Humor, Drama, :o Yikes-Scariness 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Tracking Ahead of First Film | @thr
Good ol'fashioned audience participatory experience. Just wish there was an IMAX 3D around here.
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:15 pm

I finally wanted to see a current movie in the theater! Just got back from seeing CHILD 44 starring Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace and Gardy Oldman. Actually, the movie boasts several great actors but they all have relatively small roles. The movie has its problems with 'holes' in the plotting and it will probably be a bit confusing for some but, for me, it was like a slap in the face. You can read history reports about what life was like in the Soviet Union under Stalin but this film really brought out the horror and paranoia of the times. Very unsettling and the perfect atmosphere for a serial killer. Hey, when you 'live in Paradise' then there is no such thing as murder. Ah, the deadly power of propaganda. Putin's censors have banned this movie.

Saw trailers of new AVENGERS MOVIE and MAD MAX on the big screen. The adrenaline rush was nice :D
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:03 am

Jurassic World is definitely on my list. I saw JP when it first came out and it blew mw away. I've always been a big old dino-nut, though. I think there a pic of me as a kiddo playing with the plastic dinos I got out of cereal boxes. :lol: :lol:
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm

sister cuervo wrote:Jurassic World is definitely on my list. I saw JP when it first came out and it blew mw away. I've always been a big old dino-nut, though. I think there a pic of me as a kiddo playing with the plastic dinos I got out of cereal boxes. :lol: :lol:

Can't wait. I am a dino-nut as well. I've seen 3 trailers and it looks like Chris Pratt has been included in the raptor pack. I am amused. Chris Pratt after the new, big, killer dino with his buddies :D

I am looking forward to MAD MAX as well as the new AVENGERS. Love my big, loud blockbusters. I hope the MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E is good. I noticed that Amazon has the old series so I may watch some episodes. I remember watching some old reruns on a cable station that showed nothing but old shows when I was younger and can't remember anything except that Illya Kuryakin was cute :lol:
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies