In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Paula » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:55 pm

Watched a nifty little Australian horror movie called THE BABADOOK on pay-per-view. Hallelujah! A scary movie with no friggin' shaky cam, no in your face music telegraphing the shocks, and no obnoxious CGI! Didn't think that was possible in 2014. Anywho, a widow with a weirdo son finds a very creepy children's book and wackiness ensues. The poor lady is already suffering from insomnia and a kid that would try the patience of a saint. You really feel for her. It's pretty short, just over 90 minutes. Entertaining movie. Give it a shot.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:53 pm

INTERSTELLAR- Well......Ummmmm.....OOOOkay. Christopher Nolan is one director who obviously thinks that you 'should go big or go home'. It is a long movie but I didn't get squirmy at all. I was entertained and slightly confused with all the physics talk but I think I got it and I actually jumped out of my skin once. I guess you could say that it is a pessimistic view of the world with an optimistic hope for solutions. Certain characters can grate on the nerves at times. I will probably watch this film again when it hits cable which is a very different reaction for me when it comes to INCEPTION. I was happy I saw that film but I never ever want to see it again. Never!! And I understand there is going to be an INCEPTION 2. :o Movies like this make me incredibly sad because film makers and writers have been painting a very bleak picture of the future with the 7+ billion population and the dwindling resources and I don't think the reality of this hits home with too many people. Yep, I know, I am a Debbie Downer but I don't want to imagine what the future holds for my kids or grandkids. **shudders**
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:10 pm

My friends from out-of-town wanted me to go with them to see Interstellar, but I begged off when I saw the length. 3 hours is too long for me. I will have to wait for it on DVD.

We did go see and IMAX film, Pandas, the Journey Home, made by NatGeo at the Natural History Museum instead. I feel so cultured. :D :D :D
http://fernbankmuseum.org/experience-imax/
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby tamseyt » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:07 pm

I went to see The Maze Runner when it first came out and it'sabsolutely amazing, it really does the book justice and I can't wait for the next films in the series.
tamseyt
Baby Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:35 pm

The next movie I plan to see in the theater is the third installment of THE HOBBIT. I am looking forward to THE KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE and I can't believe we have have to wait until June 12th for the new JURASSIC PARK. Have you seen the trailer? Yum! Chris Pratt is in it and that makes me smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4
Myth
Vamp

Postby Spike's Wolf » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:17 pm

I too am looking forward to the third and final HOBBIT movie. I did not really like the first one as much as I thought I would, but the second one was much better. I was not happy to hear we had to wait till next summer to finally get the next JURASSIC PARK, now called JURASSIC WORLD, movie. I have been waiting over 10 years and hope it live up to its hype.
Spike's Wolf
Master Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Spike's Wolf- If you come across more Jurassic Park trailers the please post them. Can't wait!! :P

Only 2 more weeks for HOBBIT!! I read advance reviews and it looks the movie is great and won't disappoint.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:42 am

And I give you the next vampire movie.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAZEWtyhpes
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:15 pm

I haven't been terribly enthused about the movies in theaters lately but I did see THE HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES. I liked it and the time went by fast. I was bothered by a few things but I won't mention them because it could be spoilerish. When it hits cable, I'll probably watch it over and over. It's what I do ;)

I have seen oodles of movies though and I'll go through them -
NOAH......uck
CHEF...I liked it. A sweet sweet movie.
CUBAN FURY...it was okay in a sweet way. I tend to like Nick Frost in most anything.
HORNS...Huh... It got good reviews but I thought it was stupid and, sorry, but I don't think Daniel Radcliffe can act.
THE MAZE RUNNER...I absolutely adore Dylan O'Brien from TEEN WOLF and he is the lead in this movie but I thought he was wasted. Stupid movie. I think most YA movies are pretty stupid 8-)
JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT...It did not have good reviews. I rather liked it. I'm a rebel that way 8-)
THREE DAYS TO KILL...another film that did not get good reviews. I was entertained. It was funny and maybe not on purpose. Kevin Costner aging nicely.
GODZILLA- It was okay. All those Bryan Cranston scenes in the previews and he is in the movie for 5 minutes :o

I will watch THE INTERVIEW today just because and then ST VINCENT.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Here's 25 of 'anticipated' movies for 2015-------25 movies for 2015

I've seen the IMITATION GAME, INTO THE WOODS and AMERICAN SNIPER. IG is excellent and Benedict Cumberland superb as Turning. Movie focuses on decrypting the Enigma Code but also gives us a look into Turning's sad life. AS is great but sad. As soon as the movie was announced it was a given for a sad ending. A nice tribute to a fallen hero and his family. ITW....uck! Whoa I didn't like it and so happy I didn't buy the ticket for this one!
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies