In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Myth wrote:If I wait for good scripts I could die from popcorn deprivation 8-) :lol:

Or you could give other movies a chance and deep six the blockbuster crapola that Hollywood excretes every year.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:39 am

Paula wrote:
Myth wrote:If I wait for good scripts I could die from popcorn deprivation 8-) :lol:

Or you could give other movies a chance and deep six the blockbuster crapola that Hollywood excretes every year.

Nope
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:10 pm

I see a lot of movies because I get passes and gift cards, so don't be appalled at the list. I prefer a nice film and then dinner to shopping or cleaning any day :P

HATEFUL 8- Not the greatest QT film but I am a fan of QT and his love of movies. It is bloody, violent...what else? Walton Goggins, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Samuel L. Jackson own the film along with Kurt Russell's mustache. To me, a QT film is an experience and I usually walk out of the theater bug-eyed. I liked it but felt it was lacking.

SICARIO- Very good film. Very harsh and a bit nauseating. Benicio is magnificent and Emily Blunt is excellent.

THE VISIT - Meh. Watchable.

THE INTERN- Meh. Really.

CREED _ Enjoyable but then again I loved the ROCKY films. Wait for cable though.

BRIDGE OF SPIES- Excellent film. Tom Hanks is perfect as is Mark Rylance.

SPOTLIGHT- Soooooo good. Slow.... but it has to be because it is about the slow, frustrating and tedious process that goes into investigative journalism. It is about the widespread abuse by priests prying on the youth in their parishes and how the Archdiocese covered it up. Goes all the way up to the Vatican. Important story. The acting is superb.

THE REVENANT - Leo commits 150% It is a harsh and dark movie. I liked it but it isn't for everyone. It's about survival and revenge. The cast is excellent. Tom Hardy is in EVERYTHING!! I swear!!

STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS - Oh my....I so wanted to like this film and the only thing I truly liked was that it made me think about the original STARS WARS and my euphoria back then after watching the first film. Sigh. It pretty much is a remake of the first film tailored to the attention challenged youth of today. The first film had character and fresh excitement. The villains in the new film are cardboard caricatures of evil. Ugh. Any Driver has an incredibly BIG, LONG face..... :shock: I was happy to see Hans Solo and Chewy again. Hans Solo was such a great character IMo. I did love the new droid. I think you can tell JJ Abrams did the movie.

SPECTRE- It was just okay. I wanted more. Watchable.

There's more but I can't think of them right now.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:09 pm

I just watched FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD on HBO with Carey Mulligan and Matthias Schoenaerts. Very good adaptation IMO. I have seen Matthias S. in a few other movies but goodness!! He just slammed into me with this film. Beyond yum and beyond droolworthy. It's kind of awesome to feel this giddy about an actor again :P Be still my lecherous heart!! Not really :twisted:
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:01 pm

I had a most romantic Valentine's Day :D Saw a very romantic movie called DEADPOOL. Swoon! There was romance, violence, bloodshed, general mayhem and potty mouth galore. It was delightful. Had my popcorn and a goblet of Mineral Water. Nothing says love like a wise cracking smart aleck in a tight red spandex suit 8-) Ryan Reynolds was born for this roles and I just adore TJ Miller. If you see the movie, pay attention because the fun begins with the opening credits.

Saw CONCUSSION. Decent movie. I am still rooting for SPOTLIGHT as best picture and Leo for best actor.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:19 pm

Made the mistake of seeing 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE a week ago when BATMAN VS SUPERMAN premiered. OMG.....the screaming kids!! The screaming nerds!! The beyond stuffed parking lot!! I did think it was cute how the parents and their kids wore matching Batman or Superman t-shirts. Seriously. I just read that this movie tanked on its second weekend. CLOVERFIELD was okay but,for me, I could tell it was a Drew Goddard project.
Myth
Vamp

Postby tubbyk » Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 am

Has Anybody seen Florence Foster Jenkins yet? Dying to see it, as I remember reading about her years ago and thinking how fabulous she was for being so outrageously unaware ( or was she?!).
tubbyk
Child Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun May 08, 2016 4:59 pm

tubbyk wrote:Has Anybody seen Florence Foster Jenkins yet? Dying to see it, as I remember reading about her years ago and thinking how fabulous she was for being so outrageously unaware ( or was she?!).

Huh? I have to look it up I guess.

Saw the new CAPTAIN AMERICA movie. It was okay. I do like Sebastian Stan as the Winter Soldier. I am so very tired of the Tony Stark character.

I've seen other movies but I can't remember them :o Right now, the only movie I look forward to is SUICIDE SQUAD. I know. I know 8-) My excitement level is tanking with movies lately :(
Myth
Vamp

Postby tactile » Sun May 08, 2016 8:27 pm

tubbyk wrote:Has Anybody seen Florence Foster Jenkins yet? Dying to see it, as I remember reading about her years ago and thinking how fabulous she was for being so outrageously unaware ( or was she?!).

It's had some great reviews, Tubby. I've read that both Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant give top notch performances. Never thought I'd ever hear a HG performance described in such glowing terms. Hope to get to see it at some point. I've seen the trailer/clips from the film. It looks to be both hilarious and touching. Florence (Meryl) Foster's singing is really (brilliantly) bad.

Somewhat akin to Eric Morcambe's piano playing in the famous orchestra sketch, with André Previn...
Quote: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." :lol:
Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue May 31, 2016 10:25 am

I've seen ZOOLANDER 2. I have no excuse :oops: except that it was free, I was bored and I was at home. Same with HOW TO BE SINGLE.

THE NICE GUYS...daaaaaaamn. It was just okay which was disappointing because I wanted to laugh and have fun. I did laugh but not much. Sigh.

Looking forward to the new TARZAN because of Alexander Skarsgard. I don't really care if the film is a 'stinker' because AS :twisted:

My mom is in her 80's and she loves the X-MEN movies. I see the new X-MEN movie in my near future :?
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies