In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Myth » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:12 am

I saw MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E and I enjoyed it. It's not an 'adrenaline rush' type film with constant action. It is more of a 'tongue-in-cheek' type film with some action. I think Henry Cavill is okay which means I think he is blah but he does a nice job as Napoleon Solo. Armie Hammer? I simply adored him as Illya Kuryakin. Added bonus is Hugh Grant as Waverly.

I wanted to see HITMAN because I like Rupert Friend and constant action but the reviews are so bad :( I want to see AMERICAN ULTRA but the reviews are a mixed bag :( Guess I'll wait for cable and see THE GIFT if I make it out before it disappears from the theaters.

Rotten Tomatoes put out a new list for the top summer movies based on reviews-

R.T. summer movies
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:47 pm

AMERICAN ULTRA - Much more then a stoner film. I did enjoy it for the most part and look forward to seeing it on cable in the future. I like Jesse Eisenberg and I have to admit that Kristin Stewart was pretty good. Getting away from vampires that sparkle does wonders for her :P
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:15 am

Recently watched BONE TOMAHAWK on pay-per-view (it's also being released in theaters). Pretty good Western, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart as it's pretty horrific in some scenes. The last forty minutes, in particular. are incredibly grisly. Picture THE SEARCHERS crossed with THE HILLS HAVE EYES. BONE TOMAHAWK is a well cast movie. Can't really go wrong putting Kurt Russell in a Western. Some may find it slow, but I didn't as I liked the emphasis on character. So, if you're in the mood for a very different kind of Western, I say give BONE TOMAHAWK a chance. Just don't bring any popcorn or candy into the theater. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:57 am

I agree with Paula about BONE TOMAHAWK. I rented it on PPV and was curious. Not for the squeamish. The actors are great and I especially loved Richard Jenkins in his role.

Have I seen other movies? Yep. I've been lax on this thread so here goes -
THE MARTIAN - Very good and worth the admission fee and a definite must-see when it hits cable.
BRIDGE OF SPIES - Same as above. I am a bit overwhelmed with Tom Hank movies, so I tend to avoid them. I am glad I saw this one especially because it has the marvelous Mark Rylance. I sure wish TH would do a comedy because I remember that he had great comedic timing. Sigh.
THE LAST WITCH HUNTER- In my wheelhouse but this is a real stinker.
CRIMSON PEAK- Was it good? I guess. Were the set designs good? I guess. I remember there was a lot of red. I only noticed Tom Hiddleston. There is 'bum' of Tom. Enough said 8-)
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:48 pm

GALAXY QUEST as a series on Amazon :shock: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The cast was perfection so I don't know how this could work!
http://deadline.com/2015/08/galaxy-ques ... 201508141/

Also read that SNOWPIERCER is being adapted as a series.... :shock: I really enjoyed this movie until the last 20 minutes or so and then ick. I did think that Tilda Swinton was brilliant in her role. I just don't see how a series can maintain any momentum.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:44 pm

A prequel to the HUNTSMAN. OMG....look at the actors :shock: And no Kristen Stewart! My kind of movie. Read the article for smiles.

HUNTSMAN trailer
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:14 pm

Myth wrote:A prequel to the HUNTSMAN. OMG....look at the actors :shock: And no Kristen Stewart! My kind of movie. Read the article for smiles.

HUNTSMAN trailer

Wow! From the producer of MALEFICENT and ALICE IN WONDERLAND, two terrible movies. Pass. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Geez Paula!! You are a party pooper!! 3 good actresses and Chris H :D Pure escapism and popcorn for the win!!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Good actors aren't enough. I want a well written screenplay. If you don't have that, then everybody else working on the movie is just wasting their time.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:58 pm

If I wait for good scripts I could die from popcorn deprivation 8-) :lol:
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies