In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Myth » Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 am

All the movies coming out on Friday have remarkably great reviews..... :o I don't think I ever remember that happening before. MAD MAX FURY ROAD reviews make me smile even though I've been known to hate critically lauded films. Looks like there is popcorn in the future for me this Friday :D Hopefully I'll get to see SLOW WEST next week if it doesn't disappear. Michael Fassbender....yum.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri May 15, 2015 10:54 pm

I saw MAD MAX FURY ROAD today. Did I like it? Oh spank me yes I did :D The plot is basically 'run from mad bad guys and fight them along the way' . It is all about the action and it is non-stop. Of course it is violent. Duh!! Charlize Theron is the heart of the movie and Tom Hardy does a great job as Max. I loved MAD MAX ROAD WARRIOR and this movie pays nice homage to it. Tom Hardy has changed since I first saw him in STAR TREK NEMESIS.....he sure isn't that skinny looking guy anymore and it was a pleasure seeing him in an action role.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 am

Of course I saw JURASSIC WORLD. It's not great but it is entertaining. I am biased....I love seeing dinosaurs in action and they don't disappoint. The characters are mostly cliched types but....dinosaurs!!!! I didn't know I could miss T-Rex and Raptors so much :lol:
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:21 pm

I took hubby to see SPY. He lives for comedies but, sadly, most comedies today lack 'funny'. Guess what? SPY is actually a laugh out loud comedy throughout. I just love it when I laugh that hard!! We had 4 ladies sitting close to us and they cackled their way from beginning to end. I need to emphasize the 'cackling' part 8-) It was a bit distracting but the movie was too enjoyable to really care that much :P Hey, we were all having fun!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am

Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Seems like the appropriate place for a lot of movies being released these days. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 am

Took mom to see MAGIC MIKE XXL because she wanted to see 'those gorgeous guys'. She's 87 so I don't know if I should be horrified or very proud of her :lol: She was whooping it up with the other ladies of the more senior citizen persuasion :oops: I found the movie a bit tedious because it set up situations so we could get to the last dance scenes. The flow of the movie was extremely choppy. The ending with all the dancing was raunchy. Huh!! When did I become prudish? The bit with Michael Strahan was cringe worthy IMHO Same with Jada Pinkett-Smith. If I am honest, then I have to admit that I did a lot of cringing.

I also saw SLOW WEST. Hey, I love Michael Fassbender so I try to see all his movies. I read advanced reviews and they were good. True to its title the movie is slow but I loved it. I found it mesmerizing. It's a spare movie so you don't get any filler at all. Michael F tones down his intense acting style and he shines. All the actors shine. The 'HOUND' from GoT has a small part and it was good to see him.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3205376/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:41 am

Of course I am planning on seeing the new MISSION IMPOSSIBLE because I am an action junkie. I am especially curious to see Rebecca Ferguson in an action role. Her scenes in the trailers look pretty awesome. I kept scratching my head when watching the trailers because RF looked so familiar and then it dawned on me that she played the WHITE QUEEN on Starz. Yep, she sure did!!

I was checking out reviews today on ROTTEN TOMATOES and found their rankings for the summer movie releases. Interesting because it has some movies I haven't heard of but will now check out when on cable or Netflix.

Netflix ranks summer movies
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:21 am

Myth wrote:Of course I am planning on seeing the new MISSION IMPOSSIBLE because I am an action junkie. I am especially curious to see Rebecca Ferguson in an action role. Her scenes in the trailers look pretty awesome. I kept scratching my head when watching the trailers because RF looked so familiar and then it dawned on me that she played the WHITE QUEEN on Starz. Yep, she sure did!!

I was checking out reviews today on ROTTEN TOMATOES and found their rankings for the summer movie releases. Interesting because it has some movies I haven't heard of but will now check out when on cable or Netflix.

Netflix ranks summer movies

Read the list. Pretty underwhelming.

When I saw the trailer to MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, I said to my mom, "Wow! This is my favorite kind of movie, a sequel to a remake!" :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:32 am

I finally saw the new MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. There has been so much hype and good hype at that, so typical me, I was a little underwhelmed. It is good and great for action junkies. Rebecca Ferguson was very good.

Next up for me will be MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. I saw some eps on one of the cable stations that do 'golden oldies' and enjoyed them a lot. I have a felling that the movie won't be good but I still have to see it. No critical reviews up as yet which is a very bad sign.
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies