In Theaters now!

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby spacenewt » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:12 am

I was really looking forward to seeing Independance Day: Resurgence. What a disappointment!

Awful script, crappy storyline,one note acting and too many uninteresting characters.
As expected the effects were good, but they have absolutely no resonance. In the first film you could relate to the the cities getting destroyed because they are cities we recognise and care about. Not this one. There is so much recovered alien technology floating around that nowhere looks the same.
A Big thumbs down!
spacenewt
Baby Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Thanks SPACENEWT for the info. I kind of loved INDEPENDENCE DAY because it was over the top but the sequel just din't seem right. Oh well. I will check it out on cable.

I saw TARZAN. I know Christoph Waltz played a great bad guy and that Samuel Jackson had hair but Alexander Skarsgaard's 8 pack kept distracting me. Constantly. The man is seriously yummy.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby spacenewt » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:19 pm

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.... Awesome movie.
Didn't know anything about this action before the film. I'm now going to search out the book to find out more.
I'd class it close to Black Hawk Down in terms of action and Pathos.
Strongly recommend!
spacenewt
Baby Vamp

Postby Paula » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:30 pm

spacenewt wrote:13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.... Awesome movie.
Didn't know anything about this action before the film. I'm now going to search out the book to find out more.
I'd class it close to Black Hawk Down in terms of action and Pathos.
Strongly recommend!

I want to see 13 HOURS so much. First time I ever said that about a Michael Bay movie. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:37 pm

I've seen -
13 HOURS...edge of your seat for over 2 hours.
THE BOSS...Melissa McCarthy is becoming the female Will Ferrell but I sort of liked this film.
X-MEN APOCALYPSE...Oy!! More mass destruction of the world. I got very tired of movies like this after AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON. What a waste of Oscar Issacs!

I am looking forward to SUICIDE SQUAD. I hope it lives up to all this hype.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

The most recent movie I saw was LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP which I enjoyed a lot, but then I'm a sucker for Whit Stillman movies and I'm a Jane Austen fan so this was a no brainer for me. Nice to see Kate Beckinsale in something other than those dopey vampire movies she's been doing the past several years.
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:04 pm

My BFF & I are going to see Absolutely Fabulous this week. I can't wait!
We are such AbFab geeks. I think I'm more like Adina. :lol: :lol: Sweetie darling!
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:13 am

sister cuervo wrote:My BFF & I are going to see Absolutely Fabulous this week. I can't wait!
We are such AbFab geeks. I think I'm more like Adina. :lol: :lol: Sweetie darling!

Was it funny? I loved seeing this show and ARE YOU BEING SERVED. I laughed so hard that tears were streaming down my face. These shows turned me on to the lovely and hilarious dry wit across the pond :D And then came the delicious dramas as well. Gotta love what happens when you channel surf.

This past summer was just plain yucky for me because it was too hot, too humid and no rain! To top it off, I was completely unenthused with the movie offerings :? I just saw THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN because I enjoyed the first one because (hello!!) Yul Brenner and Steve McQueen. I am not fond of remakes. This one was barely okay IMHO. Wait for cable...or Netflix....or Amazon Prime. Come to think of it, I would like to see the original again but then I run the risk of being disappointed with how I remember it. Sigh.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:51 am

I saw THE ACCOUNTANT last week and absolutely loved it. The critic reviews are a mixed bag but I was pleasantly surprised. Worth the price of admission IMHO....but I only do matinee shows.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:46 pm

I saw DR STRANGE and loved it. A good 'origin' story and B.C. makes a great Dr S. The entire cast is impressive. Worth the trip to the theater especially if you are a nerd/geek and proud of it :D
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Movies