In Theaters now!

In Theaters now!

Postby sister cuervo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Anyone been to the movies or anticipating something cool?
Post here as you like.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Re: In Theaters now!

Postby Berengaria » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 pm

I did see one I liked recently. It's Christian Kane's new movie 50 to 1. It's the story of Mine That Bird who was a very unlikely winner at the Kentucky Derby a few years back. You know going in how the story plays out but it's a good tale getting to it.

(It's kind of hard to find in theaters because it's an independent film that had to beg theaters to show it. Little by little its being shown and its doing very well. So maybe look for it when it comes out on DVD )
Berengaria
Tween Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:22 pm

I love movies, but for the life of me, I can't remember the last time I eagerly looked forward to a new release. I realize this puts me in a distinct minority, but I cannot stand movies about comic book super heroes. They bore the hell out of me. Also not a big fan of sequels and remakes so that's about 70-80% of Hollywood's output. Don't know when it will be coming out, but I do want to see MACBETH with Michael Fassbender. That one has me very interested. I do love the Bard. :D
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:16 pm

I go to the movies because I like too!! Me and theater popcorn....the enduring love story :lol:

I saw GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY a few week back and I loved it because it was a nice break from the other comic characters. I just saw A MOST WANTED MAN. It was such a good movie. The pace is very slow but worth it. I don't think this movie would have worked as well with anyone else beside Philip Seymour Hoffman in the lead. He just disappears into the role like the master actor he was.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:18 am

I forgot to mention that I saw SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR. It was just okay. Also saw THE NOVEMBER MAN. Strictly a popcorn movie but enjoyable. Good to see Pierce Brosnan in an action role. The movie pickings are lean right now IMO. I did manage to finally see the VERONICA MARS movie on cable and it was fun to see all the old regulars.

You just know that I am going to see this :P

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/seventh_son/trailers/
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Kind of hard keeping a straight face while listening to Jeff Bridges in that trailer. Sounded like his scenes were in slow motion. As for Julianne Moore, any movie where she suffers a horrific death is going to get a thumbs up from me. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby laimelady » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Berengaria wrote:I did see one I liked recently. It's Christian Kane's new movie 50 to 1. It's the story of Mine That Bird who was a very unlikely winner at the Kentucky Derby a few years back. You know going in how the story plays out but it's a good tale getting to it.
Mine That Bird aka @RoswellBird is retired just a few miles from me! :P
Seabiscuit, Hildalgo, aussie Phar Lap, others seem to do OK.

Saw CK starring in The Crooked E a 2003 movie about the rise & fall of Enron. Very cool! 8-) dude. Reminded me of Lindsey.
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

Postby Teep_P12 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:31 am

Another movie I'm looking forward to seeing is Hunger Games: Mockingjay (1 & 2). I really enjoyed the books and for added Buffy bonus the screenplay was written by Danny Strong (Jonathan). I've really enjoyed his writing and would love if he would consider writing the Market Basket / Demoulas Family Saga.
Teep_P12
Site Admin

Postby laimelady » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:30 am

Teep_P12 wrote:...Danny Strong (Jonathan). I've really enjoyed his writing and would love if he would consider writing the Market Basket / Demoulas Family Saga.
wow! Image great idea Image Cool to if @JaneEspenson added to mix 8-)
"I drank WHAT!?" ~Socrates
America Drives RIGHT Passes LEFT
laimelady
Master Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 am

Wow, Danny is so busy! Good for him.
I noticed some of my favorites from Face-Off are working on Mockingjay: Vee Neal is the head make-up artist and she's being assisted by Roy (Georgia boy) and Laura.
The Market Basket saga would make an excellent indie film. I hope someone gets on that.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Next

Return to Movies