Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby tubbyk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:06 pm

I was also surprised to see Bran being so super creepy. Surely the whole all-seeing/all-knowing thing will come in handy but seems he'll keep any usefulness at bay until he's finished spooking everyone out.

I admit to having watched parts of episode 4 which leaked on YouTube - just to make sure my boy Bronn was doing okay. :shock: Will say no more in case all of you have way more willpower than me.

Jaime is so frustrating. Love him but for Spike's sake Get The Hell Away From Your Skanky Sister!!!! He really should grow a pair and move on.

I do wonder what the outcome will be for Sansa. Both her and Dany could easily go full on power crazy if left to their own devices. And with her wolf dying ages ago I'm surprised that she's still about.

Olenna had a great last scene. Good on her.

If I ever lose five minutes of my life watching eunuch/most boring character ever sex again I will go full on Dothraki at the tv screen. Seriously, they choose to concentrate on those two at this stage of the show? Hope they die quickly, soon!
tubbyk
Child Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 am

My son and his girlfriend wanted me to see the hacked ep but I was strong!!!!!! If this was back in the days of BTVS, I would have been on the hacked episode in 2 seconds! I have matured : 8-)..Yeah riiiight :lol: I heard that the ep was only 45 minutes :o I will speculate that there will be carvings of WWs, the Night King and battles etched into the dragonglass. Since Dany heard Davos talking about Jon taking a knife to the heart, I am quite sure that we will see a shirtless Jon in Dany's presence so she can see the scar herself. As far as Jaime is concerned, I think he will find himself in the same position like with the Mad Kind and the Wild Fire and have to kill the Mad Queen. Full circle.

Usually about midweek, I start feeling GOT depraved and watch some vids on youTube. I take my hat off to the peeps who read the books because, damn, there must be 500 characters we haven't seen on the show :shock: GRRM's writing probably would have given me a migraine!

Tonight should be amazing because the previews show Jaime racing away from fire and reports say that the episode was very costly to make. Yum.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:41 pm

Flame away, baby! Now that's what I'm talking about. :twisted: Loved Dany's dragon turning the Lannister army into crispy critters. Been waiting years to see a set piece like that. I am a bit torn on that final scene, though. I like Jaime and especially Bronn, but if those two survive their deep sea (okay, lake) dive while wearing armor, I'm going to call, "Shenanigans!" By the way, Dany, it might have been a good idea NOT to destroy all the crops stolen by the Lannister army. Sheesh!

Loved Ser Davos. "Can I switch sides?' :lol: Can't blame you for that, buddy!

The rest of it? Eh, who cares? Why is Brienne STILL training Podrick? Either he can't fight for shit or she is the worst instructor ever. Bran? Ugh. You're working my last nerve, boy. Can't you at least let your sisters in on what Littlefinger has done over the years? Would it kill you to be the slightest bit helpful? :roll:

Still kinda bored with Sansa and Arya. My prediction? Cersei dies. Sansa takes over Westeros becoming Cersei 2.0 with Arya as her Hand.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Just read that Noah Syndergaard had a cameo as a Lannister soldier in Sunday night's episode. For the uninitiated, he's a starting pitcher for the New York Mets and a huge fan of GOT. Pretty good casting choice. The man's nicknamed Thor for a reason.

https://DuckDuckGo.com/?q=noah+synderga ... ages&iax=1

I was thinking Hunter Pence, another GOT fan and an outfielder for the San Francisco Giants, would be a perfect fit if they ever wanted to give Tormund a brother. :lol:

https://DuckDuckGo.com/?q=hunter+pence+ ... ages&iax=1
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Yep Pence looks like a Wildling and Tormund's little bro :D

Good episode, I really appreciate the magnitude of what various technicians did and the CGI team just....wowed. Still, my favorite battle scene is HARDHOME. I was slammed.

I think the best thing that has happened to Jaime and Tyrion is....Bronn. Bronn makes a big deal about doing it for the money but I think the man cares because he goes beyond and beyond and beyond. Damn....this show is killing off everyone but I hope Bronn and Davos survive. Can you imagine them as a team with their skills and their mouths....yes, please :!:

Once the ep was over it almost seemed that we were made to suffer through the first half but be rewarded later with mass destruction. Have to say I got queasy with that scene where the Dothraki rider slices off the leg of Bronn's horse. Geez...let the men kill each other and let the creatures alone already!!

So Brienne bested the Hound and then Ayra bested Brienne. Just a thought...it may take all 3 to take down The FrankenMountain. I'm just saying.... ;)

I know the Romans had ballistas called Scorpions. I find it interesting that TPTB on the show decided to actually use the ROMAN word for Qyburns ballista. Weird. It gives the machine a double meaning since the mad scientist and poison maker is involved. I hope it is a misdirect....on purpose.

Are you hoping, like me, that when Dany lands Drogon in front of Jon that Drogon rubs up lovingly against him? Sigh....I could get into that. I am now shipping Jon and Drogon :D
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:01 am

I'd rather see Drogon get a coughing fit and accidentally turn Jon Snow into cinders. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby tubbyk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 am

Paula wrote:The rest of it? Eh, who cares? Why is Brienne STILL training Podrick? Either he can't fight for shit or she is the worst instructor ever. Bran? Ugh. You're working my last nerve, boy. Can't you at least let your sisters in on what Littlefinger has done over the years? Would it kill you to be the slightest bit helpful? :roll:

Still kinda bored with Sansa and Arya. My prediction? Cersei dies. Sansa takes over Westeros becoming Cersei 2.0 with Arya as her Hand.

I was frustrated with both Jaime and Tyrion's stories these last couple of seasons because they were mostly treading water waiting for the green light to actually do exciting stuff again. So it's nice to see Jaime romping about being bravely stupid ( or stupidly brave). Brienne and Pod have stalled unfortunately, but it looks like everyone's plots are converging so I think they'll all either be dead or in action very soon. Littlefinger seems to be alive purely to give Arya and Sansa someone to fuss over, which is annoying. I would like to see Arya down with the action, swooping in to pierce a few evil throats in Kings Landing.

When I read the fan theory about Jaime killing Cersei then it turning out to be Arya doing the deed I liked that idea muchly. Prophecy fulfilled and also another name struck off her list. Although would that mean Jaime was dead if she was using his face? Hmmmm.

Davos should be king. With Sam and Tyrion as his advisors. They'll have to be based at Casterley Rock though because by that time Bronn will be owed and lay claim to Kings Landing.

Arya will marry Gendry in a double wedding with Brienne and Tormund and they'll all row off together into the sunset.

Don't care what happens to Dany. Death in childbirth is a theory gaining popularity. Dragons might all die. Paralyzed by not caring very much.

The Hound will die but he'll kill The Mountain first and it will be ultra brutal but very satisfying.
tubbyk
Child Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:36 pm

I have finally found 2 ladies who are more blood thirsty than me :lol:

I like the idea of Ayra killing Cersei wearing Jaime's face. Satisfying and in a way Jaime is THE Queenslayer.

Dany can't have more children. Wasn't that established in Season 2?

I love me those dragons! Hoping more eggs are found in the Winterfell crypts along with Rhaegar's bones buried with Lyanna. The sword Lightbringer is with the Brotherhood....I think.

Littlefinger is so out of his element in the North. It's fun to watch his discomfort.

I want Sam on the Throne with Davos as Hand and Bronn as adviser and muscle.

The other characters are just waiting around so we remember them until they are needed.

My burning questions.....what does the Night King want? Why now? The only one who can communicate with him is Bran I would think.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:37 pm

A conversation between Bran and the Night King? Oh, that'd be exciting. :roll:

Davos is one of my favorite characters, but he's more of a right hand man rather than the one in charge. Just don't see him calling the shots.

I wish Bronn would say, "F--k it! I'm tired of being jerked around by Jaime and Cersei!" and switch sides. He and Tyrion were good together.

I've read others claim that Dany is now barren, but is that written in stone? I just don't want to see any kind of Dany/Jon relationship. Even if they weren't kin, it'd make me sick.

Getting really tired of Littlefinger smirking through all his scenes. He needs a serious bitch slapping.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Since I mentioned earlier that Hunter Pence should be cast in GAME OF THRONES, I thought I'd offer a sample of his thespian talents in this commercial parody of ANIMAL HOUSE. I also think starting pitcher, Madison Bumgarner, is great in his cameo as the Stork. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2po0ElT44CY
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows