Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Myth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Mid July and only 7 episodes. Sigh.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:58 pm

Rejoice! It is back! But there are only 6 episodes left :( So happy and so depressed :roll:
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm

I like having fewer episodes. Forces them to get a move on and stop pussy footing around.

Fun to see Arya take out the Freys. Still, it seems like she's not taking her own advice. The Freys failed to kill all the Starks. What about the women and children members of the family? Won't they seek revenge in the future? By the way, what happened to the Tully guy who took Robb's place at the wedding? Can't remember his name. Later on, we saw Arya traveling alone. Did she not know she still had kin imprisoned? Is that poor guy still locked up? Will his wife let him out to rule the place now?

Feel bad for Jaime. He'll stick by Cersei and go down with her. Or will he be added to her very long list of people who have allegedly betrayed her? Damn, that bitch can really hold on to a grudge! :lol: Tywin was right. She's not as smart as she thinks she is. Not by a longshot. Very worried when Cersei brought up the Sand Snakes. For the love of God, don't bring them back!

While I've never been a Jon Snow fan, I think it was really dumb of Sansa to argue with him in front of everyone else. Won't take much to break that group apart. I can see her being disgruntled. Everyone's following Jon and she's the eldest legitimate Stark heir. Sure, everyone wrongly thinks Jon is Ned's son, but even if that was true, he's a bastard. Sansa should be calling the shots with Jon being her hand. Is Sansa the Fredo of GAME OF THRONES? :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Like I already told you, I am truly expecting Jaime to take down the Mad Queen Cersei. Full circle.

I am still loving Jon because I felt he was special from the get go and he has been learning and growing. Yep, sometimes I wanted to smack him but I want to smack my sons..alot 8-) I do worry about Jon though because he is the very definition of 'fire and ice' with his lineage.

The Frey women should be dancing a jig but you are right about not ALL Freys are dead. There has to be legitimate baby boys but 'winter' may kill them. I think it would be funny if Edmure finally makes it out into fresh air and runs into a WW.... :lol:

Sansa does not inspire loyalty IMHO. I've never really cared about except when she had to endure Ramsey. I actually think all the 'strong' women in GoT come up short with their power grabs. They are too confident and don't see all the angles.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:05 pm

If only she were younger, I wouldn't mind having Olenna calling the shots in Westeros. She always struck me as the most practical of all the players. Imagine if she had Ser Davos, Brienne, Tyrion, and the castrated bald guy (can't remember his name) on her side. Quite a formidable bunch. Won't be surprised if Jon Snow is the last one standing, but I sure won't like it. Heading up the military? Maybe. Becoming the Grand Poobah of Westeros? Ugh. :roll: No, thank you.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:46 pm

They just had to kill Olenna on GAME OF THRONES. :roll: Really going to miss her. If they also bump off Ser Davos, I'm going to be so ticked off. Oh well. I do like the addition of Euron Greyjoy. That guy is an absolute hoot and anyone who takes out those execrable Sand Snakes is okay in my book. :lol: Also enjoyed Cersei's revenge on Ellaria. Can't say she didn't have it coming! Didn't care much for the Dany/Jon Snow meeting. I still think they're both dopes. Also didn't like the Sansa/Bran reunion. Jeez, little brother sure is creepy now! Bringing up Sansa's raping husband? Isn't Bran Mr. Sensitivity? I say let him stay in the snow by himself. Good luck crawling back home, buddy!
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:09 am

The actor playing Euron must be having a blast! Love watching Euron but I wouldn't want to be around him :lol: He's such a silly demented man if he thinks Cersei would ever marry him...even if she won the war.

Yo! Dany's team! Get your act together. Jorah was cured for a reason so I think his military expertise and fighting skills will come in handy for Dany because she needs help :lol: I am still iffy about Dany and her saviour complex and her demand for 'bend the knee'. I still adore Jon because I appreciate his journey, his age and he was raised as Ned's son and Ned wasn't a live wire. I am curious about the crypt. We have seen it several times now and it makes me think something is buried/hidden there. Dang....I love speculating :D

I have no problem with Cersi's revenge on Ellaria in this story. I've always thought Ellaria was an ass with tunnel vision when it came to Oberon's death. Her daughters took part in Myrcella's death sooooo.

That scene with Cersei and Jaime was a bit disturbing to me because I looked at it as a very calculated move by Cersei to control him. I also cringed a bit because she just had poison on her lips. Hope that rag Qyburn gave her did the job of getting rid of the poison ;)

I read that Bran's nickname on set was Branmattan (WATCHMEN). Seems appropriate and on purpose for Bran's character now. He does seem creepy because he is an entity/god now and he sees everything. Because all this is new to him, he is getting fractured info and he is overwhelmed. What he told Sansa about her wedding night was a 'fast track' way of making her realize that he is not the old Bran and he can't be a Stark anymore. He has transcended into something more.

OMG....only 4 more eps :(

Edited to add that I believe Sam did get a present from the Maester in that moldy pile of scrolls!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 pm

I think I'm more disturbed by the fact that Jaime and Cersei are still committing incest. :lol: ;)

Dany should have listened to Olenna. You love telling everyone you're the mother of dragons? Then friggin' act like it! Wouldn't have lost your navy if you had.

Kind of like Qyburn. He's a nasty, little guy, isn't he? :twisted:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:07 pm

If you haven't seen this, then enjoy this commercial about not using plastic bottles -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_EuNmQOpbw
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Myth wrote:If you haven't seen this, then enjoy this commercial about not using plastic bottles -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_EuNmQOpbw

Was kind of hoping that guy would turn around and slug that nosy cow in the face with his plastic bottles. :twisted:
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows