Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Paula » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Well, that's more like it. Too bad it was the blasted season finale.

Really liked the music, especially in the first part of the episode set in King's Landing. Quite impressive. I have to admit when the Mountain appeared in Tommen's royal apartment, I thought for a minute that Cersei had ordered him to kill her son rather than preventing his attendance at her trial. Would have been an interesting twist on the prophecy if that had been the case and I kind of wish they went that route. Just imagine what that would do to her relationship with Jaime.

Poor Margaery. I really am sad to see her go, especially since she was the only one to know something was up and those damn sparrows kept her there to die. KInd of surprised that the wildfire didn't spread throughout the city. So, now Cersei's calling the shots. Talk about your Pyrrhic victory! Not only did she lose her son, but now the Lannisters have everyone gunning for them. Don't think they have any allies left and with the Tyrells decimated, say goodbye to that influx of cash. D'oh! Thank goodness, Olenna got out while she could. Naturally, I loved watching her chew out those dopey Sand Snakes. Who didn't enjoy that? :lol:

Had to laugh when Arya went the TITUS ANDRONICUS route with Walder Frey and his sons. Hey, Sansa! If you ever reunite with your sister, make sure you don't get on her bad side.

Sorry to see Daario go, but I'm very happy they're finally leaving Meereen. Dany is acting a lot smarter than Robb Stark when it comes to marriage and political alliances. Beautiful scene with the ships and dragons going on a sea cruise, but I have a couple of questions. Are they going to run into Theon and Yara's uncle in the open water? I wouldn't mind a sea battle next season. Next question. How long a journey is that? I'm going to guess the dragons are going to have to rest at some point so where do they land? Didn't see a ship big enough to accommodate those bad boys.

I can't believe they let that blasted Melisandre ride out of Winterfell?! Come on! I just don't see how Ser Davos would ever let that happen. Had to laugh when Melisandre said she could still help Jon Snow. They should have had someone say, "Hey, lady, we came this close to losing the Battle of the Bastards while you did nothing except sit on your ass so excuse me if I think you're full of shit!"

It's no secret I don't like Jon Snow so I found it a bit hard to swallow that everyone is now supporting him. Still think he stinks as a leader. Shoot, Lady Mormont is more convincing and she's a little girl! I'd rather have her or Sansa calling the shots than JS.

Am I to understand that Benjen saves Bran and what's her name just to abandon them in the woods with no horse? Gee, thanks for nothing, buddy! Oh, looks like winter is also in full swing so they have that going for them, too. :? Maybe not the best time for a vision quest, Mr. 3 Eyed Raven. Find some damn shelter before you freeze to death! By the way, if I was in Bran's place, I would be more interested in finding out who pushed me out a window back in season one. Jon Snow's true parentage? Whooooooooo cares? :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Am I to understand that Benjen saves Bran and what's her name just to abandon them in the woods with no horse? Gee, thanks for nothing, buddy! Oh, looks like winter is also in full swing so they have that going for them, too. :? Maybe not the best time for a vision quest, Mr. 3 Eyed Raven. Find some damn shelter before you freeze to death! By the way, if I was in Bran's place, I would be more interested in finding out who pushed me out a window back in season one. Jon Snow's true parentage? Whooooooooo cares? :lol:

The Wall has magic protecting it so the dead can't come near it or cross. Benjen is dead. Ahhh....it will be amazing when the magic disappears and the Wall will crumble down freeing the WW's and their wights!

Be patient about Jon Paula. He is the de facto Hero and on his hero's journey which is always rocky and filled with dumb moves.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Still seems like a bad idea to leave two kids (one paralyzed) by themselves in the freezing cold with no supplies and all sorts of baddies (human and supernatural) wandering about to do them harm. Benjen couldn't even take them to the friggin' entrance! Magic wall? :? Why does that phrase not reassure me in the slightest? Shoot, if I were them I wouldn't feel too safe with whatever's left of the Night Watch. Can't imagine Bran will be happy to learn that nitwit extraordinaire, Jon Snow, isn't even there.

I get that Jon Snow is the hero of the piece. Still think he's quite possibly the least interesting character in all of GAME OF THRONES. Some of the blame has to go to the actor. I've seen him in other roles. The guy has no charisma whatsoever. I have to admit, Myth, it surprises me you defend Jon Snow this much. To me, he's the Angel of the GOT universe. I never liked Angel in BTVS and I don't like Jon Snow. Two peas in a pod.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Agreed about Meera and Bran being stranded w/o food, shelter and transportation.

Oy!! Did you just compare Angel and Jon..... :shock: Angel was a pompous, arrogant, narcissistic ass while Jon is still an innocent in a way, who was kind of doomed to a questionable and uncertain future as a bastard. Angel was beyond boring and his hair stood straight up while Jon is less boring and has beautiful curls. Humph! The villains are always the most fun to watch and then comes the sidekicks. Jon is growing and will come into his own or I will bust my spleen! Patience and then the rewards. I've only seen Kit H in POMPEII so I am not basing my affection for JS on the actor. It's the story and the journey.

I plan on watching the Finale again because I didn't pay attention to the music and I want to hear it. There have been so many good comments.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Less boring than Angel. Now, there's high praise! :lol: Both characters are the "Oh, woe is me!" tortured types that I find absolutely insufferable. They're also completely humorless, another strike against them as far as I'm concerned. I've seen blocks of wood with more personality than these dolts. Sorry, I don't like Angel and I don't like Jon Snow. If I have to follow these guys through several seasons of a tv show, I don't think it's too much to ask that they be at least halfway interesting. Sadly, they're not. GOT has had so many fascinating characters (good and bad) throughout its run. Don't know why they botched this one so badly. It's just our rotten luck that he's, for all intents and purposes, the damn lead of the show.

I've seen Kit Harrington in POMPEII, TESTAMENT OF YOUTH, MI-5, and 7 DAYS IN HELL. He was unremarkable in all of them. Strange really as there are so many talented British actors with "movie star" written all over them. KH just isn't one of them.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:30 am

You have your opinion and I have mine. I am willing to wait and see the transformation and continue to watch and enjoy. JS has had his moments. Still better than Dany. Boring boring and boring until the dragons come in and fry the competition. At least Jon has done his own battles so far. Huh...all the main 'decent' characters have had major down times but there are writers and directors to consider.
Myth
Vamp

Postby tubbyk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:28 pm

I enjoyed ep 9 more than ep 10, but still cheered the Frey pie scene.

Didn't expect Cersei to get over Tommen's death quite so quickly. Who in their right mind would mourn Joffrey more than their nice little Tommen? Also surprised to see Marjery et al go boom.

Lady Orlenna taking the piss out of the stupid sandsnakes almost made them bearable. 'Barbara!' cracked me up big time.

Intriguing theory asked whether Jaime was really Jaime and not Arya in disguise! Aha! Love that theory but will make it awkward if Jaime has to shag his sister and also begs the question where the hell is Jaime? Unless there's a Bronn/Jaime pie floating around the Riverlands somewhere.

So Varys is the next Dr Who apparently - he's in Meereen, no, now he's in Dorne, ooh, five seconds later he's on a ship! Moves faster than Littlecreepyfinger.

I like Jon Snerrrrr. More than Sansa, although she won back a couple of brownie points by shafting Littlefinger by not trying to be Queen of Winterfell.

My favourite character was little Lady Mormont. What a girl!
tubbyk
Child Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:51 pm

So Varys is the next Dr Who apparently - he's in Meereen, no, now he's in Dorne, ooh, five seconds later he's on a ship! Moves faster than Littlecreepyfinger.

I bet Varys has 'frequent ship miles'. I hope so because he has earned a few free trips by now!

I think Cersei has hardened herself due to the the prophecy that all her children would die and it didn't help that Tommen chose the High Sparrow and Margaery over her. All Cersei's hate will focus on Dorne. It will be interesting and delicious to see her reaction next Season when she sees Tyrion again.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:25 pm

Has everyone heard that S7 will have 7 eps and final Season 8 will have 6 eps? Yep. Seems to be true.

Oh....and next Season will start later because they want wintry conditions. Sigh. As of now it will be 4 to 6 weeks later.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:15 am

I thought this was fun. Comparing book descriptions of the characters to the actors playing said characters -

GoT characters
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows