Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Paula » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Okay, did anyone else think of this as Rickon was running away from Ramsay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0keDGobck

Once again, Jon Snow proves to us that, yes indeed, he does know nothing. :roll: For the love of God, the man is quite possibly the worst military strategist in all of Westeros. I really want to see a scene where Sansa gathers Ser Davos, Tormund, and Baelish together only to tell Jon Snow, "Not so fast, pal. I actually want to win our next battle. Why don't you head on back to the wall? Sure as hell don't need you screwing up anymore around here."

Why didn't Wun Wun have some sort of weapon? Couldn't he have ripped out a tree or two from the ground and use them to beat the ever loving shit out of Ramsay's forces? Sure would have helped when the Stark/Wildling troops were being surrounded. I'll bet he'd still be alive if he did.

Kind of surprised that Ramsay didn't immediately open the kennel gates when Jon Snow's ragtag team arrived at Winterfell. Sure, some of his own men would have died, but hey! Desperate times call for desperate measures. Plus, we are talking Ramsay here. What the hell does he care if his own men buy it?

Personally, I thought it was really dumb not to kill Ramsay when the two sides were having their little pow wow before the battle. Sure didn't seem like his allies had his back. Almost expected one of them to do the deed and then immediately say to Jon and Sansa, "The North always remembers. Winterfell's yours."

Nice to see the dragons in action, but I want to know how Dany is able to sit on a dragon's back and not get pointy parts stabbing her in rather delicate places. It's not like the gal had a special saddle designed. Have to admit when the Dothraki showed up, I fully expected Dany's boy toy to shout, "NO PRISONERS!" just like Peter O' Toole in LAWRENCE OF ARABIA. :lol:

Looks like Ser Davos is about to open a major can of whoop ass on Melisandre next week. It's about damn time. If that crazy bitch isn't going to do anything other than resurrect that tool, Jon Snow, why the hell is she even there?
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Oy!! Paula!! Quit picking on my darling Jon Snow! Jon actually had a very good plan but the guy is emotional and couldn't stand the thought of his brother dying. Ramsey played him well. I don't know what I would have done if I was in the same situation. Damned if you do and damn if you don't. Personally, I don't think I could sleep at night if I didn't try. No matter what, Jon's army was doomed until the Vale troops showed.

I tend to blame Sansa for the slaughter that happened because she refused to tell Jon about the possibility of Baelish's soldiers coming to join the fight. I also blame her because she refused Baelish's help when she met him in Mole Town. His help would have decided the outcome long before the battle. Hell, she should have had Brienne kill the slimy bastard. I have a feeling that she has feelings for Baelish so I look forward to next week.

Rickon should have zigged and zagged and then hide behind one of the burning flayed men. Teenagers!!

R.I.P Wun Wun. I will dearly miss you.

Kind of surprised that Ramsay didn't immediately open the kennel gates when Jon Snow's ragtag team arrived at Winterfell. Sure, some of his own men would have died, but hey! Desperate times call for desperate measures. Plus, we are talking Ramsay here. What the hell does he care if his own men buy it?

Ramsey didn't hesitate to kill his own men with those rounds of arrows he sent flying in the beginning minutes of the battle. He literally sent out his men (and horses) to die.

Funniest Line in the episode was when Ramsey said..."I am an honorable man". I had the giggles 8-) So fitting that he ends up as doggie doo.

Davos is out for blood about Shireen. I wonder if a Red Priestess can resurrect herself?
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby tubbyk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:07 am

I absolutely loved that fight sequence, even if Jon won't quite win Battle Strategist Of The Year. Put me in the camp who thinks Sansa was stupid for trying to do things on the sly. She probably cost a lot of men their lives. Serves her right if she has to suck Littlefinger's littlefinger as payback. I know the show is trying to build up her character as heroic and queenly and all-knowing but dumb is dumb. Interested to see how much she gets called out on it in ep 10.

I don't understand what Davos thinks happened to Shireen? Has he not asked anyone what happened to her? It seems too much time has passed for it to all be bought up again now. And yes, Mel can go now please.

The Land Of The Boring perked up a bit with dragons but every time I see one of them I lament that they come at the expense of the way more interesting direwolves. Speaking of which - was Ghost in the doghouse this episode? Banned from partying in the melee.

Dany shits me. Tyrion had on a nicely textured coat, but pretty clothing was offset by those boring offsiders, the eunuch and the walking multilingual personality bypass. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Dreading Dany becoming the hero at the end. Hope Arya adds her to her list.

Major airpunches came in the form of Ramsay being puppy food, Wun Wun the Giant punching a horse, Jon doing some fabulous fighting and Tormund making it out alive, minus a nose. Didn't really get to know Rickon, so not particularly sad that he died. He was silly enough not to zigzag, so he wouldn't have been long for that world anyway. Will miss Wun Wun though. He was great value.

Thought Ramsay was being a tad optimistic thinking that his puppies wouldn't chow down on him after not eating for a week. Hell, my cat will start gnawing on my nose if I so much as delay feeding him for 30 seconds after arriving home. If I ever fell asleep on the beanbag before his feed time I'm not sure I'd come out of it will any limbs intact.
tubbyk
Child Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Myth, as long as Jon Snow remains an idiotic putz with the personality of a turnip, I will continue to unleash hell on him. It really grates my cheese that interesting characters have died on GAME OF THRONES while that boring nincompoop is still breathing. Of all the people to resurrect, he's the one to get the call?!

tubbyk, a few episodes back Melisandre was this close to telling Ser Davos what exactly happened to Shireen when Brienne interrupted the conversation. I'm guessing he finds out the whole story in the finale. Just hope he doesn't end up dead as he's my favorite character. His scatological remarks before the big battle really cracked me up.

I'm willing to cut Sansa a little more slack than the rest of you. Considering the girl's history, is it really outside the realm of possibility that she might have some trust issues? Despite their alliance, I wouldn't be surprised if she harbors some of her mother's prejudice towards Jon Snow. Hell, she was right on the money questioning his combat tactics against Ramsay. The man's rash and, let's be honest, he ain't too bright. Charging an entire army by yourself?! Genius move there, MacArthur! :roll: Also, how was she to know when, or even if, Baelish and the cavalry were going to arrive? Might not have wanted to get their hopes up needlessly. Plus, while Sansa is a Stark, she is also a teenage girl. Not going to be easy to get any man to take her seriously when it comes to military campaigns. I'm not saying she's perfect. I wish she had taken Ser Davos aside (one of the few men who isn't dismissive of girls, thanks to Shireen) and told him about Baelish. I'd just rather see Sansa calling the shots than Jon Snow.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:07 pm

I will always remember Ramsay as doggie doo....literally.

I have to say that I am bothered by Sansa. I think she has become a stone-cold bitch. She may have tried to warn Jon and hint at extra forces but I think she is looking after her own ass. She doesn't know that Bran is alive so she is now the Lady of Winterfell and will need her own army. If she is pregnant with Ramsay's child (speculations) then she can bargain a marriage between herself and Robyn or even Baelish and have either considered as the father thus wiping out Ramsay's name and legacy. Baelish would jump at the chance to be Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North or be the advisor. Personally, I think she has a thing for Baelish (ewwwww). Didn't you think is was interesting that Ramsay said...."I am a part of you"...?

I liked this episode and the battle scenes but HARDHOME still remains the one that awes me to this day. 70 minutes next week :shock: There has to be some kind of battle or explosion because that is a lot of time just to set up next Season....a freaking year from now.

Oh Paula....I can't wait to see you eat your words about Jon and Paula. I'd rather cut Jon some slack WAY before Sansa. **maniacal giggle**
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Look, I'm not president of the "Sansa for Westeros!" fan club. I just think she's acting smarter than that schmuck, Jon Snow. Nevertheless, I certainly could see him end up as last man standing when GOT ends. Sure as hell not what I want to see, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I really hope they don't go the pregnancy route with Sansa. It's such a boring cliche. If that happens, I hope Sansa takes another leap from the wall like she did with Theon. Problem solved.

The battle scenes were okay, but I was a bit underwhelmed by Sunday's episode. Too much hype. They didn't deliver.
Paula
Vamp

Postby tubbyk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:37 pm

I think Jon will die at the end, simply because he's now told Melisandre not to resurrect him if he dies again, and once someone expresses a death wish, hey, you might as well write it for them.

GRRM hinted that the person who ends up on the throne won't be who we think it will be. Apart from the Night's King, I think Davos is the most likely, followed by Sam, although Sam regressed in his last episode and annoyed me a bit so I'm staying firmly on the Davos for King bandwagon.

Ugh. Please, no to a pregnancy for Sansa. She's whiney enough as it is. If she was a better actress I might have more sympathy, but I think she's a bit limited and her voice grates.

70 minutes? Yay! Cram it all in. Can't wait!
tubbyk
Child Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 pm

I don't know squat about World of Warcraft and have never heard of Leeroy Jenkins, but even I found this video pretty damn funny.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jon-snow- ... nes-238600
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:31 am

Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:43 am

Personally, I think the Season Finale was very good. Yep...we all kind of guessed at what would be happening so maybe it was a bit of a shock to actually see it on screen.
-I think I wrote an 8 page paragraph on my speculation that R+L=J back in S1 on the old CDS board. I did my happy dance last night and patted myself on my back :D The reveal was made to the viewers so I wonder when Jon will find out.
-Didn't see Jon voted/declared King of the North coming. This will not bode well with Sansa especially with Littlefinger buzzing in her ear all the time.
-I knew that Cercei was going to blow up the Sept but I was surprised that Margaery, her brother and father were going to be casualties. Wow...major cast reduction with one boom!
-Cercei literally killed Tommen IMHO. The poor kid just couldn't take what happened and Cersei didn't have a clue about how her son would feel. The icky green giant should have done some babysitting duty.
-Okay....I totally disliked that nun but Cercei turning her over to the Mountain was pretty disgusting.
-Cersei taking the crown? Two words...'crap' and 'eeew'.
-I can't stand the Sand Snakes and Ellaria because their revenge mode is baseless IMO, but I may be able to tolerate them next Season but only if Olenna keeps smacking them down.
-Varys is one smart dude. D&D have mentioned that the person who eventually gets the Iron Throne will not be obvious at all so I think Varys, Davos or the awesome Lady Mormont. There is an outside chance that a cured Jorah could be the one.
-Walder Frey got the death he deserved but I did not like Arya's look of pleasure at all. She absolutely relished the kill. It was actually a bit frightening for me...that look.
-Dany making Tyrion her Hand was very touching.
-The ending scene with the ships and the dragons was impressive.

I've been thinking about Jon and even though I have always championed him since Day 1, I do think he has been purposely written as naive and lacking in battle smarts. I do think we will see him changing into a formidable figure next Season. It will be time.

-Dany's choice of possible husband's...uck
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows