Current Favorite shows & new ones, too

Current Favorite shows & new ones, too

Postby sister cuervo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:21 pm

We can discuss any upcoming new shows you like here. :D
I think we included The Strain under this category.
Let me know if you would like a thread for movies.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Re: Current Favorite shows & new ones, too

Postby Paula » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks, sister cuervo, for starting this thread. Even though it was uneven, I thought last Sunday's episode of THE STRAIN was the best since the season premiere. Love, love, love Fet! Nice to see someone other than Setrakian willing to use his brain. Couldn't help but laugh when he shot the hobbit. No pussy footing around, people! It's game time. Also cracked me up when he chose the premium gas while using Eph's credit card. Elsewhere, I read a review where the writer called Fet a racist for calling the convenience store employee "Apu." :roll: In the words of the late great Warren Oates, "Lighten up, Francis."

I want to like Eph, but the man is so damned indecisive. Call the vampires whatever you want, buddy, but make no mistake. They want to kill you so time to man up. Nora should also do the same. By the way, what the heck did they do with her mom while the new Scoobies went on their little field trip? Lock her in a closet?

Did anyone else recognize makeup artist, Rick Baker, at the convenience store? He was the dope in the white ponytail who got killed the second he stepped outside. I just wonder why the vamps left the one woman alone when they went after everyone else. Sure, she wasn't part of Eph's gang, but neither were the others who bolted and they were attacked.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:58 pm

I look forward to THE STRAIN every week and I poo poo all the critics who bitch about some of it being stupid with plot holes or having really dumb and annoying characters. HELLO... TWD!! At least we have action, ugly and disgusting vamps who learn and a plot that actually moves forward. Love Fet and I can't wait until gang banger Gus gets on the move. At least Fet brings some needed levity to the show. I scratch my head with Hacker Girl though. I guess she will learn of her mistake helping Palmer and then immediately get sucked dry because I sure don't see how she can help with the internet now. We get to see the Master, his gorgeous self, again next week. I have to say that I am impressed with David Bradley. He is the perfect Abe and he does look about 90 years old!! Love his character here but hate him as Walder Frey.

I decided that I didn't have the patience for 3 Season of STRAIN so I am almost finished with the books. Yep....I have the patience of a rattlesnake 8-) There are differences but nothing that changes the outcome.

I seriously don't know if I am looking forward to any new shows. GOTHAM looks good.

I've watched 2 eps of INTRUDERS on BBCA and all I can say is....HUH?
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Yah, I haven't seen Intruders, but I do have it taped or whatever you call it on the DVD. It does have two of my fav actors, so I will watch some of it.

The Fet is my choice. He's the Daryl of the Strain. Poor Hobbitesses.
I'd almost forgotten about Gus. Let's hope he does some thumping' of undead booty next week.
Lord, I'd forgotten all about Nora's mom! Vamp-chow. I did not recognize Rick Baker! Now I'll have to watch it again.
I figured Fet was making a Simpsons reference with the Apu. Meh, with everything else going on, who has time to be PC. :D
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:27 pm

I saw the first episode of INTRUDERS and wasn't impressed. Totally forgot about the second episode. No great loss, if you ask me.

I was very happy not to see Gus in Sunday night's episode. I'd rather he'd stay in the lockup so when fatty turns, Gus is toast. Sigh. Of course, that won't happen. He's the Dawn of THE STRAIN so he's going to torture us for a loooong time.

You're right, sister cuervo, Fet was making a SIMPSONS reference. Sadly, some people have no sense of humor and spend their lives being perpetually offended. God save us from that nitwittery otherwise known as political correctness.

Can't think of any new shows I want to see. GOTHAM is BATMAN related so that's a big fat no for me.
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 am

I'll give Gotham a shot. The previews looked interesting.

Oh noes! DuckDynstyNetwork (A&E) has cancelled Longmire!! What a bunch of cheapskates. I sure hope some other network picks it up. Since when is watching geezers bid on mystery lockers "Arts". I'll give it a bit of "entertainment" but seriously. Two good scripted shows dumped for more "reality"
Info page on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/LongmirePosse
Hashtag for Twitter
#LongLiveLongmire
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Teep_P12 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:41 pm

I caught part of an episode of the new show Legends last night and it seemed pretty interesting. Might poke around and find the episodes I missed. Also, really hoping to catch Outlander soon. I don't have the channel but I'm planning on hunting something down. I read the book twice and have started the audiobook this week.
Teep_P12
Site Admin

Postby Myth » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:52 pm

I was very happy not to see Gus in Sunday night's episode. I'd rather he'd stay in the lockup so when fatty turns, Gus is toast. Sigh. Of course, that won't happen. He's the Dawn of THE STRAIN so he's going to torture us for a loooong time.

You'll be eating those words Missy!!! Gus has a pivotal role and it seems only fair that we get the 'rough' side in the fight against the evil.

S.C- I mentioned LONGMIRE in the Introduction thread. **raises fists to the TPTB at A&E and shouts...'YOU STOOOPIDS!!"** I will dearly miss LONGMIRE and can only hope that it gets picked up by another network. The ratings were pretty decent for a cable show. I just don't know about TV execs anymore and how they view ratings. There are too many choices for viewers today so it just seems that they have to have patience with the ratings otherwise everything will be canceled....except NCIS and CSI.

I am not a reader of romance novels anymore.... I think I overdosed on them years ago. I do watch OUTLANDER and even though I find it very slow I am appreciating the time period and the detail for authenticity. Sam H. who plays Jamie is gorgeous and I do like Graham McTavis who plays Dougal. He looks a wee bit different from Dawlin the dwarf in THE HOBBIT films.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:39 pm

I don't care if they turn Gus into a 21st Century version of Audie Murphy. Every time THE STRAIN focuses on him and the nitwits in his orbit, I want to change the channel. His crappy taste in music should be enough reason to let the vamps take a bite out of his ass. :twisted:
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:48 pm

:lol: :lol: Paula, so you're not a fan of Latino gangsta rap, then?

Outlander is pretty good, lots of gorgeous scenery and men in kilts, so I'll keep watching that one. The daughter really likes it.
Legends is good, too, with the bonus of Sean Bean not getting killed off right away.

Face-Off last night was a Masterclass with the judges being judged for a change. I just love that stuff! Wish I could have gone into special effect make-up.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Next

Return to TV Shows