Current TV shows#4

Re: Current TV shows#4

Postby Paula » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:41 pm

So Rick's genius plan on THE WALKING DEAD is to take the weapons from the women's compound Tara found several episodes earlier, use up most of the ammo on zombies before they leave, and then return the weapons after killing Negan? :? Again, I have to ask, "How the hell have these dimwits survived this long in the zombie apocalypse?" :lol: Tara pulls the ultimate boner by confronting the leader with an UNLOADED gun. "See! We're really good guys!" :roll: Giving Rick and Tara a run for their money in the idiot sweepstakes is Sasha. Cracked me up how TWD didn't even show how she failed. We just see her locked up. Wonder how many seconds it took for her to be captured once she entered the building? Next week is the season finale. Wish I could muster some enthusiasm for it.

LITTLE BIG LIES was pretty entertaining. I'm easily amused so naturally I enjoyed the vomiting scene, especially when the oh so self-righteous Bonnie yelled, "God damn it!" after Madeline unleashed the technicolor yawn right on her. :lol: Also enjoyed Jane getting bitchy with Renata's toady, Harper. Even Renata thought it was funny. How great was that? I do wish the series was a little kinder to Ed and not make him appear so creepy. In the book, he's easily the most likable character. I also wish they didn't add the extra marital affair for Madeline. Don't think it's necessary. Nevertheless, I am enjoying the show and am looking forward to the finale.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:42 am

I took a vacation from TWD for sanity reasons 8-) I have watched the last 4 or 5 episodes and I will watch the Season finale tonight. Damn...Rick is the worst leader like ever!! It's exhausting watching him! I won't be happy about Sasha dying but all indicators point to that. I've read comments at other forums and there are always 10 pages or more of comments after each episode...... :shock: Most comments are about how stupid this show is, so I guess it is a show that everyone likes to complain about. I've made peace with TWD and I watch while I do other things. Nothing better happen to that tiger!!

Looking forward to the final episode of BIG LITTLE LIES. I don't know how they are going to wrap up all the stories in one hour. I do hope the finale is good because I have actually enjoyed this limited series.

Anyone else watching S2 of INTO THE BADLANDS? Soooooo kick ass and I love it. Nick Frost has joined the cast.

Farewell to GRIMM. I have watched since the beginning and even though the Finale was weak and the last 2 Seasons were meh, I will miss some of the characters and I would have loved to have seen the triplets!

Just when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW hit its stride...it is over until the new Season. I sure loved the second half of this Season. I adore the Mick character and I think I am crushing on Rip 8-)

Dr. WHO is back and many new shows and returning shows about to begin. Bring it on because I am bored already :lol:
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:49 pm

I have a confession to make. I didn't see the entire finale of THE WALKING DEAD from start to finish. Saw most of it, but Major League Baseball started yesterday and I wanted to watch the Cubs/Cardinals game. I got the general idea of what happened, but whenever the episode focused on Sasha, I changed the channel. Her plot line bored the hell out of me. Even the reappearance of Abraham couldn't get me to watch. They really should have chopped all those scenes. So hokey. Still not impressed with Negan. Even more long winded speeches. Blah, blah, blah. "I'm in charge and I'm going to kill anyone in my way!" Same old, same old. Couldn't you have at least done us a solid and killed Carl? Everyone is sick of that schmuck. I will admit to liking Negan telling Rick he's a moron. Not exactly an Earth shattering revelation, is it? Way to go, Rick, putting your trust in the bizarro trash people! That sure didn't come back to bite you in the ass.

That battle was completely ridiculous. Should have been a lot of friendly fire taking place there. How can anyone tell who they're shooting at and nobody notices Shiva until she's taking a chomp out of the guy standing right next to Negan? :? That's one heck of an animal. She even managed to leave the good guys alone and only attacked Negan's men. :lol:

Don't quite understand why Rick's gang think everything's hunky dory now. Negan and his cohorts escaped. You failed yet again, Rick. If you had any brains, you'd pack everyone into any vehicle still running and haul ass out of there once and for all. Is there anything left in Alexandria worth saving at this point?

There was an awful lot of hype regarding this season finale. Too bad it was undeserved.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:39 pm

There was an awful lot of hype regarding this season finale. Too bad it was undeserved.

I still can't believe there is an hour talk show following TWD. Chris Hardwicke is bouncing with excitement in his chair and all the guests praise the writing and stories on TWD. Okay.....huh?

New shows for April. I am lazy, so I will post this

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/gallery/eve ... Kz#image=1
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:14 am

iZombie is finally back, just in time for me to loose my internet/cable from the lightening. My modem took a hit from the lightening, scared the crap out of me. :shock: :lol:
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Theda Bara » Fri May 12, 2017 9:46 am

We've been watching the latest Dr. Who episodes, and have been greatly enjoying the new season of Fargo - I never thought it could, but that show is still just as brilliant as it was in the first season. Although we often have a head-scratching moment of "do we Midwesterners REALLY talk like that?"

Also been watching The Vikings and The Last Kingdom. I like The Vikings better, but both are enjoyable. My husband has been watching Into the Badlands, but I couldn't really get into it.

My weird side has been downloading British historical documentaries; I'll watch anything with Lucy Worsley in it. Also love the Canal Boating shows, Great Walks with a View, and even the new series Walks with your Dog - nothing like seeing beautiful British parks, historical gardens and wilderness while following minor celebrities enjoying all the natural beauty while walking their dog - Yes, I'm that boring and easily entertained...
Theda Bara
Baby Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri May 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi, Theda. I, too, like FARGO. Do all Midwesterners talk like that? Well, I'm originally from Illinois not Minnesota so I can't verify the authenticity of the Fargo accents. :lol:

Also like Lucy Worsley documentaries. I'm an Anglophile so a lot of her shows are right up my alley. I try to catch them when they show up on PBS. I've also found her work on You Tube.

Not a DOCTOR WHO fan. Tried watching it now and then, but it's just not my cup of tea. Haven't watched THE VIKINGS, THE LAST KINGDOM, and INTO THE BADLANDS though I do believe fellow commenter, Myth, does like these shows.

SILICON VALLEY has been terrific this season. Such a funny show. I especially liked the scene where Jared freaked out after discovering the self driving car. Can't blame him for that! :lol:

Also watching LUCIFER, but that's only because of Tom Ellis who's very appealing. Just wish I liked the show more.

Found out recently that SLEEPY HOLLOW has been canceled. True, it diminished in quality over the years, but I will miss Tom Mison's Ichabod Crane. He was wonderful. Fingers crossed he gets another role quickly.

Huge fan of THE AMERICANS which I consider to be the best show currently on the air. Also like BETTER CALL SAUL a lot.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Theda Bara » Sat May 13, 2017 9:52 am

I forgot Lucifer! A watchable and entertaining if rather uneven show. I really got bored by the ladycop's ex-husband's storyline because it seems so cliché. Still, really good show compared to a lot of other US TV. And I adore the actress who plays Lucifer's therapist.

And Good Lord, if you haven't seen the series Westworld, I HIGHLY recommend it. It was AWESOME. Incredibly well written, and amazing performances by all the main actors/actresses. I really want to get the soundtrack because even the music was amazing. At one point the player piano in the Western-world saloon plays this haunting melody, and it took me a while to realize it was "Black Hole Sun". I'm waiting anxiously for Season two.
Theda Bara
Baby Vamp

Postby Paula » Sat May 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Lady cop on LUCIFER bores the hell out of me. I'd rather Lucifer was working with her ex-husband. Those two are pretty funny together. Also like the shrink, but she isn't as wacky as she was in season one.

I've also watched WESTWORLD. Have mixed feelings on that series. Only one season in and it's already become too convoluted. Just not convinced this is a concept that can be sustained over several years. I get bored easily with the endless philosophical prattle. All I want to see is the robots going psycho and killing all the guests. :twisted:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm

I've been around the block a few times with this TV series 'stuff' and you just have to muck your way through all the characters and just hope you end up liking the supporting cast. If not, then cut the cord. I happen to like all the supporting cast on LUCIFER so I don't mind the peripheral drama/comedy. The only thing that bothered me about last night's ep was that Lucifer can't even figure out when his father does speak to him. Gah!! Oh well, I guess we have to continue the 'son hating father' story line for a bit more. I personally hope the entire cast has to travel to Hell for a bit next Season :twisted: BTW...Dr. Linda was adorable last night. Now....after saying all this, I admit to hating 98% of the characters on THE AMERICANS but I stick with it for the writing. One more Season and then I am free!!

WESTWORLD was good and I enjoyed it and I do look forward to S2 but like Paula, I don't know if you can get more than 2 Seasons out of it. I would think it would blend in with HUMANS and that would not be fair to either show.

Oh Paula rejoice.....EXORCIST got a Season 2 :D I highly recommend this show for the writing, the horror. Tis bloody but well done.

I am happy about WRECKED returning soon. This is a delightful comedy along with THE DETOUR, PEOPLE OF EARTH, SILICON VALLEY and VEEP.

I am scratching my head over AMERICAN GODS. I am used to the visual beauty of this series because I watched HANNIBAL but some scenes make ME ( :shock: ) uncomfortable. Goodness....lots of penises on display. The Djinn guy from Sunday was hung. Oh my yes.
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows