Current TV shows#4

Re: Current TV shows#4

Postby Paula » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:52 pm

Don't have much to say about THE WALKING DEAD. Saw Carol meet the guy with the tiger (okay, she's lost her will to live, but shouldn't she be more freaked out by that?). Missed the rest of the episode because of the World Series. Stayed up late to see WESTWORLD. Must have been interesting on the set shooting that orgy scene. :shock: Getting a little tired of all the mystery with this show. Stop with the teasing and get on with it, people!
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Finally caught up with THE WALKING DEAD. Not easy to get through two hours of that show. I think I should have stuck with SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL instead. :lol: Have had it up to my eyeballs with Carol's Debbie Downer act. Maybe they should just sic the tiger on her and be done with it. I won't lie. I was kind of hoping that was going to happen when she opened the door at episode's end. The Daryl episode was similarly tedious though I liked hearing "A Town Called Malice" again after all these years. The torture bit kind of reminded me of THE IPCRESS FILE. Such a good movie. For a super duper Big Bad, Negan is really boring. Don't care about Dwight, either. Way too much time spent on him. Can we get back to Maggie? At the end of the season premiere, it looked like she was ready to open up a can of whoop ass. Lord knows somebody has to now that Rick has become a total wuss. If only Negan had taken him out instead of Abraham.

Wasn't able to watch WESTWORLD because of TWD. Maybe today. Will watch LUCIFER tonight.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:22 pm

I've been taping TWD and may watch at some time but for now I am reading comments on the episodes and I am content with that. It sure seems that most people watching TWD watch to complain and then comment :lol:

WESTWORLD is confusing but it is meant to be this way and to keep the audience asking questions. It has been building and unfolding every week. I like this series. Thandie Newton is killing it!!

IMHO LUCIFER is getting better and better and I especially like the way the characters are interacting with each other. Hmmmmm.....in the flash back, Chloe looked healthy, pink cheeks and all so there must be a reason for the paleness and black circles under her eyes.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:29 am

Good pick-up on Cloe's makeup, Myth. I had not noticed it. This must mean something for sure. I still think she is an agent of dear old Dad in some sort of form. So twisty! (and not in a Twisty the Clown way) eww clowns. :D :D
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:56 am

After watching Monday night's episode, I wish LUCIFER would get rid of Chloe altogether and turn into THE LUCIFER AND DAN SHOW. Thought they were terrific working together.
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:01 am

The Luci-Dan or Douche-ifer Show :D :D They were a crack up especially Luci mocking Dan's dude stroll.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:38 am

Only saw part of last night's THE WALKING DEAD. I was half an hour in wondering when this bore-a-thon would ever end when I discovered it still had another sixty minutes to go! Ugh. I bailed at the top of the hour because POLDARK was starting and at least that show has some nice eye candy in the form of Aidan Turner. Back to TWD. So very tired of Negan's act. Blah, blah, blah. He's in charge and everybody else has to grovel. Okay, already! We get it! We got it at the end of last season and the first episode of this season! Every episode with him it's the same damn thing! Can we see something else now? Rick may have turned into a total chump, but I just can't see the women in Alexandria rolling over like him. They know damn well they're going to have it way worse than any of the men with Negan calling the shots now. Can't imagine any of them are looking forward to becoming comfort women for Negan's men and at least one of those guys likes them very young. :shock: Good to sea Rosita isn't going to lay down like a dog and I'm interested to see what's going on with Maggie who seems to be MIA. As I've indicated, I didn't see the final half hour so I apologize if my questions were already answered last night. In all honesty, I kind of wish I skipped TWD and watched more of the Seahawks/Patriots game which was really good.

Speaking of dogs, we have Ross Poldark. :shock: So much for his high minded ideals! Lie in court and get others to lie for you and then it's time for a little hanky panky with the ex. Couldn't believe he had the balls to tell Demelza that he had no choice! Good for her slugging that two timing bastard. :lol: I've never been a big fan of Elizabeth (still think she's a gullible dope), but considering her situation I can't really fault her for accepting Warleggan's proposal. What the hell else is she supposed to do? It's not like she can enter the workforce. Money's tight. She has a son to support and now her mother needs medical care. Of course, I don't expect this to be a happy marriage. I just think Elizabeth was making the best of a bad situation or at least she was until she jumped into the sack with Ross. Feel horrible for Demelza. What a kick in the teeth. POLDARK had been a little boring lately, but I thought this was a pretty good episode. Ross being so damn self-righteous all the time got a little old. Now, he can add perjury and adultery to his list of accomplishments. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:44 am

I kinda, sorta watched THE WALKING DEAD. Truthfully, whenever the episode focused on Carl (get a haircut!) and Enid, I changed the channel. Really don't like those two and I wish they'd become guests of honor at a zombie picnic. Loved hearing Sibelius's Finlandia, but hated how they butchered it in the zombie kill scene. Come on, TWD! It's a gorgeous piece of music. Give me something to enjoy on this crappy show! :lol: Although Gregory is a total schmuck, I agree with him about not leaving Herschel's watch in the rain (though he shouldn't have stolen it). I don't care if Maggie's honoring Glen's memory. It was dumb. She should save it for her kid. Can't believe we had to endure a Negan clone in this episode. Ugh. Isn't one enough?

On POLDARK, Ross continued his campaign for Most Obtuse Husband of the Year. "Gee, Demelza, you're still upset that I ditched you to sleep with my ex? What gives?" He doesn't even seem that sorry about what he did. Loved her retort when he claimed he hurt her pride. "No, you hurt my pride in you." Zing! Meanwhile, Elizabeth isn't going to sit around waiting for Ross to shit or get off the pot and marries Warleggan. Can't really blame her there, though she should be very worried about how her new hubby is going to treat his stepson. That kid's days are numbered, not to mention the old lady. Still, it was kind of fun watching her shoot Ross that glare before walking away with Warleggan.

Also saw WESTWORLD, which I like even though its plot line is too convoluted and the long speeches can be a bit wearying. Been reading a popular theory that William and the Man in Black (not Johnny Cash :lol: ) are one and the same, but in different timelines. Really hope that's not the case as I think it'd be a shame if the only seemingly decent human character turns out to be a total asshole. To be honest, I don't even find the Man in Black's search for the maze that compelling. Maeve's quest to amass power and escape Westworld is much more interesting to me.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:29 am

I haven't watched TWD at all this Season and I feel free!! I glance at some forum talk so if there is a decent episode I may go to ON DEMAND for a 'look see' during the Christmas hiatus.

"Easy, Peasy, Chinesey" :lol: Oh LUCIFER how I love thee :D "Butt stuff".... :oops: I think LUCIFER has been pretty darn good this Season and I will miss it :( January seems so far away! The Chloe reveal is interesting and I am game for wherever this goes.

Ah....WESTWORLD. All I will say is that I spend the hour going 'wow! whoa! and Huh?' One episode left this Season and I can only hope we get some answers and a good setup for S2. If you haven't been watching as yet please know that it starts slow but the last 3 episodes have been killers

VIKINGS comes back tomorrow night :D It's the final Season :(

I may watch GOOD BEHAVIOR on TBS(?) I've read good comments so I am curious. If you haven't heard about this one, well Michelle Dockery acting very differently from Mary on DA.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:42 am

:D :D I can't believe some of the lines that get past the censors on Lucifer. :lol: Especially the butt stuff one.
sister cuervo
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows