Current TV shows#4

Re: Current TV shows#4

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:16 pm

We binged all 10 eps of Santa Clarita. It was much better after Episode 1's exposition. Drew B doesn't bother me one way or another, but Mr Justified T.O. rings my bell.
Is The Frontier the one with hunky axe-throwing Jason Momoa? I've been wanting to see him, er that show.
Victoria is pretty. I've enjoyed it, too. Even though I can take Clara or leave her. I was so, so tired of her on Doctor Who.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 am

sister cuervo wrote:We binged all 10 eps of Santa Clarita. It was much better after Episode 1's exposition. Drew B doesn't bother me one way or another, but Mr Justified T.O. rings my bell.
Is The Frontier the one with hunky axe-throwing Jason Momoa? I've been wanting to see him, er that show.
Victoria is pretty. I've enjoyed it, too. Even though I can take Clara or leave her. I was so, so tired of her on Doctor Who.

Yes hunky Jason is in THE FRONTIER. I only watched for a few minutes and Jason unfortunately kept his clothes on 8-) I wasn't in the mood for heavy drama and buckets of blood at the time but I will get back to it. I want to clear off my DVR a bit because it is ridiculously loaded with shows.

I wasn't too happy with Clara but I think that was the fault of the writers. I scratched my head a lot. I do think Jenna Coleman is doing a good job on Victoria. Goodness....Jenna was dating Robb from GOT and now she is house hunting with Tom Hughes her co-star on VICTORIA. I don't know why I know this stuff :?

Remember sweet, loving, brave and devoted Rory from Dr. WHO? Well Arthur Darvill plays Rip Hunter on LEGENDS OF TOMORROW and it is one of the reasons I decided to check this show out. S1 was okay but this Season Rip Hunter goes dark as in evil dark. AD is killing it. Why oh why are the evil sooooooooooooooooo sexy? Yum. Dominic Purcell is surprisingly great as Mick!
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 am

Oh dang! I forgot LOT was back on! Evil Rory! I'll be sure and get caught up, as I was really missing him in the first half of the season.
I like my cheesy superhero shows. :D :D Thanks for reminding me, Myth.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:55 pm

THE WALKING DEAD was better than I expected for an episode that focused on Eugene. While I've never liked the character (his stilted way of speaking is particularly irritating), you have to give him credit for knowing how to adapt to any given situation. Sure, it's not admirable, but if you want to stay alive and can't fight, you're going to have to be flexible in your morality. Eugene knows that. I have to admit I did like how he refused to let the women manipulate him into murdering Negan. It was a pretty lame plan on their part. Thank God he didn't let the little head do the thinking for the big head. :lol: Of course, Negan deserves to die and Eugene may very well be the guy who will ultimately take him out, but he isn't going to jump into a plan without considering every single contingency first.

Still not that interested in Dwight. Kind of amazed he has received so much screen time. This silly show has too many characters as is. Looks like next week we're back to Rick and his latest doomed to fail plan. I really wish someone else was in charge. If given the chance, I think Michonne could be an effective leader. Problem is I don't think she'd ever want the job. She's more of a lone wolf (like Daryl) who reluctantly joined the group.

The second episode of BIG LITTLE LIES was pretty good. Really liked Madeline not taking shit from anyone. :lol: The yoga instructor, the dork with the whistle, Renata, and Bonnie all felt her wrath and it was hilarious. Damn, Ed must be a saint. He sure puts up with a lot! The scene in the principal's office was also a hoot. This is BLL at its best. Love the satire. Pretty impressed with the acting, especially any scene with Madeline and Renata at each other's throats. Even the kids are doing great which is quite an accomplishment. Kudos to the casting director. Again, I can't believe how gorgeous those homes are. :shock: Did have to chuckle at that scene with Reese Witherspoon brushing her teeth in the bathroom. She's so tiny. Give that poor woman a step stool! Can she even see herself in the mirror? Still wish the camera would remain stationary once in a while. That's a real pet peeve of mine. Other than that, well done.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

sister cuervo wrote:Oh dang! I forgot LOT was back on! Evil Rory! I'll be sure and get caught up, as I was really missing him in the first half of the season.
I like my cheesy superhero shows. :D :D Thanks for reminding me, Myth.

It's great to know that someone else likes cheesy superhero show but I only watch LOT and FLASH. SUPERGIRL is whoa bad IMHO and I never got into ARROW. The only other CW show I like to watch is 100.

I found out that the entire Season of MISSING is on Star,z so I binged the last 5 eps. It was okay only because I didn't care for the last episode where the case is solved. I do get upset with shows where you are supposed to have experts in their field and end up being idiots in a way. I know it is a way to get more 'time' out of a story, but I dislike it. Anyone watch HOMELAND? I watch for Rupert Friend's character Quinn because I am sick to death of Carrie (Claire Danes) and her buffalo in a china shop ways of being a spy. Ugh!! And I think the writers use her stubbornness to prolong the episodes to get the 10 for the Season. I also think that they kill off anyone Carrie talks to so matters are more difficult to solve. If you know Carrie then run for your life!!

I watched the new show TAKEN last night and I thought it was well done. I'll watch more. Clive Standen is the lead along with Jennifer Beals (who never ages). CL played hunky Rollo on THE VIKINGS.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Pretty bored with last night's THE WALKING DEAD. While watching Rick and Michonne dispatch zombies at the abandoned fairground, I thought to myself, "They did a better job with this in ZOMBIELAND." Is it me or has Rick forgotten he has a couple of kids back in Alexandria? They sure didn't enter his thoughts during his little road trip with his gal pal. Looks like Tara is finally going to 'fess up about the all women group she ran into and their nifty weapon supply. About damn time! Still hate the new group that Rick is teaming up with and their bizarre way of talking. Fine by me if Negan wipes them out and I can't even stand that guy.

Saw the season finale of VICTORIA. One kid down, eight more to go. :lol:

THE AMERICANS or as I like to call it, "The Best Show on TV Right Now," returns tomorrow night. Woo hoo! :D
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:42 pm

I absolutely refused to watch the first part of this Season on TWD. I didn't want to see Glen and Abraham meet Lucille/Lucy. Period. I didn't want to see Rick going through his usual 'oh woe' shtick. Uck. And I did not want to hear Negan and his speeches. Urp. I have been watching this second half of the Season and I am content even if I still want to smack Rick every which way. Last night's episode, IMO, was good. Granted there were anvils but I didn't mind....I know! :o ! We finally have a 'Terminator Activation' with both Carol and Morgan. Good times coming :twisted:

Question....is that Tiger a vegetarian? Do they feed it Walkers?

I watched MAKING HISTORY. It is insanely stupid funny, so I love it :D

I still think the AMERICANS is a well written series but I loathe the characters. It's a tough watch for me.

I am taping BLACK SAILS because I have to 'brave up' to watch. I wait and when I think I am ready, I watch an episode...through my fingers. It's the last Season and everyone knows the history of pirates and Nassau. It's hard when you get so comfy with characters only to watch their end.

I need to edit because RIPPER STREET is back with a new Season on BBCA. The only reason I know is because I have my DVR set to record new eps. The mind blowing thing about this for me is that BBCA has it on at 11:00 pm... :shock:

Love BIG LITTLE LIES. I would binge watch this series in a heart beat.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Well, that episode of THE WALKING DEAD sure did drag. Sheesh! Fingers crossed we've FINALLY seen the end of mopey Morgan and Carol. :roll: Good question about Shiva the tiger, Myth. Have no idea how they feed her as I'm pretty sure they've established that the Kingdom is a vegetarian community.

Have to disagree with you, Myth, about THE AMERICANS. I like Stan and Oleg a lot. It's a shame Oleg's back in the USSR because I thought the scenes he shared with Stan were some of the best in the series. Also like the Frank Langella character. I just wish Gaad was still around. :cry:

I'm enjoying BIG LITTLE LIES even though I'm disappointed they moved the setting from Australia to Northern California. Watching the parents behaving worse than their children totally cracks me up. The mansions sure make for some nice eye candy. :shock:

Still watching SLEEPY HOLLOW, but it's a pale shadow of what it once was. Don't like the new characters at all. Abby is greatly missed. Tom Mison's Ichabod Crane is the only reason to watch. Loved the scene at Abby's grave where he discussed baseball and the "Grizzly Cubs of Chicago." :D

BETTER CALL SAUL will return soon. Looking forward to that. It would appear that Gus Fring will be showing up this season. Woo hoo!
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Have to disagree with you, Myth, about THE AMERICANS. I like Stan and Oleg a lot. It's a shame Oleg's back in the USSR because I thought the scenes he shared with Stan were some of the best in the series. Also like the Frank Langella character. I just wish Gaad was still around. :cry:

I should clarify.....I meant Philip and Elizabeth. Especially Elizabeth.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Not much to say about THE WALKING DEAD. Pretty forgettable, though I couldn't help but laugh at the idea of Enid becoming Maggie's protector. I know the human population's been decimated, but I sure as hell wouldn't want that twit as my bodyguard. Bored with Sasha and Rosita and their truly idiotic plan. Should have aborted it once Eugene ran off. Really hope Maggie convinced Daryl not to go the Mr. Mopey route. Way too much of that on this show already.

LITTLE BIG LIES was much better. I do think, however, they should have shortened the scene with Celeste and her shrink. Too long and we saw nothing new there. It really dragged. Was looking forward to the scene with Renata and Jane in the principal's office and we didn't see squat! Very disappointing. Still, I like the show. It's a pretty decent adaptation of the book.

HAP AND LEONARD is back. Looks like the storyline involves a serial killer so it's already got my interest. :lol:

SLEEPY HOLLOW was a little dull until the ending. Crane turning evil? Well, okay! That sounds promising. If he takes out everyone save Jenny, I'll be happy. :twisted:
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows