Current TV Shows #3

Re: Current TV Shows #3

Postby Myth » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:31 am

I keep mentioning THE LAST KINGDOM on BBCA so I just wanted to share a picture of the actor as the main character.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3523996928/ ... _all_pos_3

Not too shabby and I understand the books were quite popular.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Does BBC AMERICA ever rerun episodes? Too busy watching college football and the NHL on Saturday nights. Can't watch THE LAST KINGDOM.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:39 am

TWD -
Now I have to worry about goats :shock:
90 minutes? Really? Gah!!
I used to like Morgan :(
Morgan stashes away a pyscho Wolf? Just wow and not in a good way.
I bet we get an episode soon on the Wolves. Hope so...in a way.

I don't think we will find out about Glenn for a few eps because it looks like Maggie is going to try and hunt him down.

Huh!! HOMELAND is petty good right now. I am hyperventilating about Quinn.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:50 pm

I cannot believe I turned off the final game of the World Series to watch that completely pointless episode of THE WALKING DEAD (Thank God the Mets/Royals game went into extra innings). Ninety minutes?! Why on Earth was it necessary to add an extra half hour to this story? Didn't even need sixty minutes. An otherwise interesting character morphs into a big ol' wuss. :roll: Can't believe Morgan had the rotten luck to run into a friggin' psychiatrist so we got to wallow in tedious navel gazing. What gives, TWD? Didn't we get enough of that crap from Hershel? Couldn't think of a more annoying character to introduce? Only way it could be worse would be if Morgan met up with an insurance salesman or a Scientologist. So very disappointed Morgan bought into that dope's "Don't kill anyone" philosophy. Are you kidding me? We've had people who wanted to mow down others with a tank, some who threatened to rape and murder a boy in front of his father, and others who thought human flesh was the other white meat (if only Morgan had met those fun folks in Terminus!), but hey! Let's forget the constant threat to life and limb. Instead, everyone gather together and sing, "Kumbaya!" :lol:

I guess what annoys me the most is the fact the previous episodes (despite their flaws) were pretty riveting and I wanted to know what was going to happen next to Rick, Michonne, and the others. Instead, we got this. As much as I like Morgan, I don't really care why he changed and now is not the time for a blasted filler episode. TWD has bigger fish to fry and they completely abandoned compelling storylines for this nonsense and judging by the preview for next week's episode, we're going to get screwed over again as it looks like Carl is going to take center stage. Ugh. No, thank you.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:58 pm

This perfectly encapsulates what I was thinking after watching the most recent episode of THE WALKING DEAD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxKRj9DRnc
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:55 am

Really been enjoying FARGO this year. Indeed, I think it's even better than last season. I even like the musical choices which are wonderfully eclectic. So the Gerhardts aren't going to cave in to the Kansas City mob. Looks like we've got ourselves a neat little turf war. Yeah, baby! :twisted: Can't wait to see what kind of hijinks Dodd, the Sonny Corleone of North Dakota, is going to get into. Keep the doughnuts ready for him! Anybody else think Hanzee looks a lot like Iggy Pop? I know Ed's no genius, but I can't believe he tossed that belt buckle into the fireplace when he burnt the clothes. Way to leave incriminating evidence behind, Ed! :roll: How about that line about the grinder needing fixing? I guess anyone buying meat from that butcher shop is getting an extra helping of Rye. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Bloody hell!!! That was just ep 4 for FARGO and I was practically choking on the menace and tension. Papa Otto is a right bastard with how he initiated Dodd into the family business :shock: That opening was stone cold awesome and disgusting. I am so Pleased with Zahn McClamon and Cristin Miloti as Hanzee and Betsy. I know Zahn from LONGMIRE and Cristin was in some 'meh' sitcoms. I wouldn't want to get on Hanzee's bad side. Hell, I wouldn't want to get on his good side 8-) Thus far the acting, writing and directing has been brilliant IMHO. Jean Smart rules!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Despite a most welcome return to Alexandria, I found the most recent episode of THE WALKING DEAD to be thoroughly underwhelming. Let me see if I understand this correctly. Rick's utterly inept plan to relocate thousands of walkers backfired spectacularly (color me surprised!) and now he's led a substantial number of the dead right back to Alexandria. So what's the new plan? Apparently, it's to sit on your hands and hope the walkers get bored and wander off! :? Umm, Rick, you do remember several of your people are still unaccounted for, right? Don't think Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham are going to like the Welcome Wagon waiting for them once they return home. Might want to do something about that BEFORE they get there. I guess it's more important for him to make smoochies with the blonde widow. Hey, she's free now! :lol: While I understand the Alexandrians are not the most forceful of personalities (hell, I think the Wolves did the audience a favor eliminating most of those dullards), I don't get why nobody has read Rick the Riot Act. Taking into account everything that's happened since Rick's gang showed up, shouldn't they be pretty pissed right now? I did like the little run on the makeshift grocery store, although I don't get why any of them think they're going to live long enough to die of starvation. Can't see that barrier holding back the zombie horde for weeks. Would have been more believable for people to haul ass for the armory. Lord knows why they didn't. I swear there must be something in the water because it makes no sense the way everyone seemingly acts like it's just another day in Alexandria. Baking cookies?! Seriously? It should be complete chaos in that place now. I also wonder where the heck Carol and Morgan were. They were MIA in this episode. Why the heck isn't anyone thinking of an exit plan? We're getting pretty darn close to a worst case scenario here. How come what's his name told Maggie about the underground route, but nobody else? Yes, there were walkers there, but it's still an option to consider if the walkers make it through the barricade (which is a likely scenario thanks to the return of our old friend from the prison, the flimsy chain link fence. :roll: ). Had to laugh at Deanna's lame ass attempt to take out yet another silent walker that isn't noticed until he's right on top of her! Have to love those stealthy zombies. Oh well. At least she put up a fight. Almost expected her to do nothing more than drool on him since Deanna's been a basket case this season. Sadly for the audience, she's still with us despite her complete ineptitude. That is one lucky individual because common sense and ingenuity sure aren't playing factors in her continued survival.
Last edited by Paula on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Pretty good FARGO last night. I'm all for a gang war and, boy, did this show deliver! :twisted: Sure didn't expect Joe Bulo to exit the series that quickly. I wonder why Mike wasn't there. Also don't get why Hanzee didn't make sure he killed both Kitchen brothers. He just knocked out the one and slit the other's throat. You don't have to be Kreskin to know that decision is going to come back to bite him in the ass. Pretty impressive shootout at the butcher shop. Ed may appear to be a rather unassuming character, but holy moley! The man can put up a fight. Hanzee should have taken him out in the previous episode while he still had the element of surprise working in his favor. All he had to do was wait for Lou to leave. I'm going to assume Dodd gave him strict orders not to kill the Blomquists.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:01 pm

It has been an incredibly bad week for me so I will only say......

FARGO is just plain awesome. So impressed with the actors and the directing.

THE WALKING DEAD....I have nothing 8-) Steven Y (Glenn) has been seen filming so I guess he survived. Could be a mislead.
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows