Current TV Shows #3

Re: Current TV Shows #3

Postby Myth » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:53 pm

I've always found those walker bell hops problematic. Yes, they made Michonne look like a serious badass when she was introduced, but you're telling me armless zombies were able to remain upright the whole time? I don't think so. Even if they were traversing flat terrain, which was pretty rare, Michonne's pets would be falling down every few steps.

Picky, picky. If the bell hops fall down just chop up a new one :roll: Sigh...I remember the days when I was less gory. Oh well.

I like to think Michonne found out about the effectiveness of zombie goo camouflage after Carol rescued everyone at Terminus. Sure worked for her, didn't it?

Sadly, Michonne has not reached Carol's level. Is it just me or is Michonne losing some of her bad ass rep? I guess she cares now because she was 'numb' before.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Arms help you maintain balance. Imagine yourself walking without them. Now imagine someone else leading you around on a chain through uneven terrain. Just don't see how Michonne's pets could have taken more than two steps without falling flat on their faces.

At the end of last season, I feared Michonne was going the wussified route that Morgan's currently traveling. Remember the bit where she placed the katana on the wall? Couldn't get much more symbolic than that. Notice that nifty weapon didn't stay there for very long. If I were her, that sucker would always be close at hand. It wouldn't leave my sight for a minute.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:58 pm

I caught up with a few shows but I am having a hard time watching TV so far :o Practically every show I want to see conflicts with another show and sometimes 3. Or I fall asleep :oops: Anyway...

AGENTS OF SHIELD - I didn't care for the 1st ep but it has gotten way better and the last episode with a stranded Simmons was quite good.
THE GOOD WIFE - I wasn't going to watch it this Season because EVERYTHING is on at the same damn time but I caught up On Demand and so happy :D It's still great and now it has Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Yum.
SUPER GIRL - It wasn't good but maybe it will improve.
FLASH - I still enjoy this show and it looks like Tom Cavaugh will be back. I didn't care for the FIRESTORM episode.
LIFE IN PIECES- Absolutely love it.
THE GRINDER - I saw one ep and may catch some more OD.
IZOMBIE - still good.
SLEEPY HOLLOW - I still love Crane but I think the show is not doing well ratings-wise.
THE LAST KINGDOM_ Love it and look forward to new eps.
TBE- It is just so so but I like Lady Love and I want to see what she does about her fake pregnancy.

I can't think of other shows right now but I look forward to GRIMM, POI and ASH vs THE EVIL DEAD.

I will not watch SCANDAL, GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER, THE MISSING or THE AFFAIR. I can't take another Season of these shows. Any one like QUANTICO?
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:32 am

Watched the BONES/SLEEPY HOLLOW crossover last night. I thought Abbie and Crane fit in better in the BONES universe than Brennan and Booth did in SLEEPY HOLLOW. Always wanted to see Crane visit Washington. I just think it's a shame he was stuck in a cheesy murder investigation right out of FLATLINERS. Can't say I'll be watching any more of BONES unless Tom Mison shows up again. Is every single character on that show supposed to be a smartass? God, it's a wonder how any of them can stand being around each other for longer than two minutes. Guess I haven't been missing much not watching BONES all these years.

The SLEEPY HOLLOW Halloween episode was pretty good with Howe's zombie army, but last week's Tooth Fairy episode was a lot better. I thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity having Crane dress up as John Adams. Come on, SH! How about a little creativity? Sure, I liked the fact that Miss Corinth was the only one who recognized Crane's costume. Still, wouldn't it have been fun if Crane dressed as a 21st Century man with only Abbie and Jenny in on the joke? Not sure about Corbin's kid. Does he know the truth about Crane?
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:00 pm

I watched the crossover and I liked it but only because of Crane and Abby. I watched BONES in the early Seasons because I liked the supporting characters but my dislike of DB drove me away. Seriously, the man can't act his way out of a paper bag and he should have telephoned in his scene from last night's episodes. Gah!! I used to like Dr. Brennan but the politically incorrect statements got old way fast. I did think Crane was especially yummy in his John Adams outfit. I was very disappointed because I was expecting Angela to bring up a picture of Crane from 200 years ago and compare it to the Crane of today. What a missed opportunity!!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:29 pm

I found the Brennan character really irritating. Honestly, is she a Martian because she sure didn't talk like someone from this planet. Normally, I gravitate towards politically incorrect characters (Gee, I wonder why :lol: ), but Brennan was just lame. Why are she and Booth together? Saw no chemistry whatsoever between them.

I'm kind of confused about the Crane/Betsy Ross relationship. Was Crane two timing Katrina while he engaged in his flirtation with Betsy? Sure looks that way as he met Katrina before he joined the American rebels. This season, he's making googly eyes and occasionally smooching Betsy after he switched sides. Kind of a moot point, I suppose. Don't like either Katrina or Betsy. If Crane's not going to be with Abbie or the late Miss Caroline (damn you, SLEEPY HOLLOW, for killing her off! :evil: ), Miss Corinth is a good substitute.
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:37 am

Oh lord , yes. I thought I was the only one who really didn't like the Bones characters. Ugh. 100% on DB.
I do like the new flirt of Crane's (until she goes evil or something), but still a Crabby :D
iZombie was still good, I agree. Wow, Major jumped on the redheaded ship quick. So she's Doctor Evil's Ill. daughter. I must have forgotten that.

I've been in Salem, Mass for a while and am way behind on everything!
Hey, Longmire was renewed on Netflix!
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:20 am

You're in Salem, Massachusetts for Halloween, sister cuervo? That must be a hoot and a holler! :lol: I, too, like Crane and Abbie together, but for some reason, the show seems to want to go in another direction, at least for the time being. Don't quite get the reluctance as those two actors have incredible chemistry together. I just hope they don't have Miss Corinth turn evil. No Katrina 2.0, thank you very much! Also would rather they not kill her off like poor Miss Caroline.

Congratulations on LONGMIRE's renewal.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Welcome back SISTER C :D Good news about LONGMIRE. I still have to see the last 5 eps :oops: I'll get to it when I have a rainy day or a cold and want to binge watch.

In TV Land, isn't it taboo for the two leads to get together until the ratings are dismal? Getting couples together is usually another way to doom a TV series.

I couldn't sleep last night so STARZ was having an EVIL DEAD Marathon so I watched ARMY OF DARKNESS again to prep for ASH VS THE EVIL DEAD and guess what? They showed the 1st ep around midnight. You should have seen my stupid grin. Welcome back Ash. Groovy.

Bruce Campbell is a hometown boy as are Sam Rami and Rob Talpert :D
Last edited by Myth on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:46 pm

Brrrruce! I've got this on record, as we're going out this evening.

Yep, I went to Salem with Berengaria. We had a blast. That place will be crazy this weekend, for sure. She posted a pic of us riding a broom on the Main thread. :P :P :lol:
sister cuervo
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows