Current TV Shows #3

Re: Current TV Shows #3

Postby Myth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:53 pm

I actually didn't mind TWD too much. Lots of cliffhangers though. I was happy I watched TTD because I never would have known that Deanna's purpose was to show our group 'how to live again'. Gah!! I thought her purpose was to show how stupid and ill prepared the Alexandrians were under her leadership. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why she was running next to Rick and aiming badly at zombies. A stupid way to get bitten. Morgan? Just no!

OMG!! I loved the makeovers on ZNATION. Doc's hair and curled beard had me in stitches! Loved 10K's look during the pedicure :lol: Warren looked super sexy and well stacked :shock: Oh and Vasquez...whoa! You could cut glass with those abs! When he took his shirt off, my jaw dropped 8-)

Best quote I've heard lately is from Z NATION when Doc tells 10K that "'usually the best women are the ones that terrify you"... :lol:

I am almost finished with S1 of JESSICA JONES. I am worn out!

THE LAST KINGDOM is over for now. Loved this series mostly and can't wait for S2.

I watched the first episode for LUCIFER. Needs work but it may turn out okay but have to wait and see.

S.C......I use my stilettos just like the Baroness :twisted:
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:52 pm

On another site, I read a comment suggesting that Carl should have shot Ron in the leg and left him in the garage to be eaten by zombies. I couldn't agree more. :twisted:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Paula - My expectations are so low for TWD. If I go gaH!! less then 10 times then it is a decent ep for me :lol: And yet I still watch :roll:
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:05 pm

I've reached the point of hate watching with THE WALKING DEAD. Carol's the only character I have any faith in anymore. Deanna's purpose was to show the others "how to live again?" :roll: Give me an ever lovin' break! I thought she was showing everyone what NOT to do in a zombie apocalypse.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Sister C I bring prezzies :D

http://www.bbcamerica.com/luther/
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:23 pm

I really have to hand it to the makers of FARGO. Week after week, they produce great episodes. I guess now we know what went down in that bar that was mentioned last week. :lol: Jeez, barkeep, just give the man his water without adding anything extra! It was amusing how the drunk passed out at the bar remained blissfully unaware of everything that happened. Good thing he didn't give Hanzee any grief.

Kind of amazed Peggy was in any condition to be of help to Ed. That girl has seriously gone around the bend. I do admit to laughing when she stabbed Dodd for his rude behavior. How weird was it that after Ed told Peggy to stop stabbing Dodd, FX went right to a commercial for the upcoming OJ Simpson mini-series? :shock:

Interesting how many times Hanzee has had the opportunity to take out Ed and Peggy and lets them live. Would he have spared them had Lou and Hank not shown up? Would Peggy still have stabbed Hanzee with the scissors?

Does anybody think Hanzee left Constance alive?

I liked all the little shoutouts to various Coen brothers' productions. The way the newspaper blew across gas station/mini-mart was very reminiscent of the hat from MILLER'S CROSSING. The tension filled scene with Hanzee and the mini-mart owner was just like the one with Anton Chigurh in NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. Of course, the film version of FARGO was referenced. Like Peggy, Carl Showalter was stuck in a cabin babysitting a kidnapping victim and dealing with a tv with bad reception. There was also the line from Ed about being bored at the cabin. Then again, who doesn't get bored being stuck in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere? :lol:

It's a shame Dodd will never learn Simone was murdered by Bear. Was hoping we'd see that scene. Would he even care? Dodd didn't have a whole lot of paternal affection for her.

Only two episodes left. Kind of wonder if anybody will be left alive at this point. Lou, of course, survives, but the body count has been pretty high with this show. We better find out what the deal is with Hank and his hobby!
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Rawrrr!!!! Luther's back and he's looking tougher than ever. No sign of Ruth. I miss her and her killer smile. :D
Thanks so much for the trailer, Myth! Maybe I can talk Paula into watching it, too. This one has a cannibal serial killer. :D :D
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:51 pm

sister cuervo wrote:Rawrrr!!!! Luther's back and he's looking tougher than ever. No sign of Ruth. I miss her and her killer smile. :D
Thanks so much for the trailer, Myth! Maybe I can talk Paula into watching it, too. This one has a cannibal serial killer. :D :D

Ruth is playing a dipstick on THE AFFAIR on Starz. I watched S1 and hated it. Period. I like her so much better as a psychopath 8-) If there is a sports game on TV during LUTHER then Paula will watch the sports game even if it hop scotch 8-) :lol: If you read this Paula, and I know you will, then give LUTHER a shot. Soooooo good and I highly doubt you need the other Seasons under your belt.

Watched TELENOVA and it is cute. Same with SUPERSTORE. I need cute sometimes....you know? I hope Zachery Levi stays on TELENOVA :D

THE EXPANSE and CHILDHOOD'S END should be starting soon. Can't wait for PERSON OF INTEREST to start.

I finished JESSICA JONES. I felt like a wet noodle by the end. I then tried THE MAN IN HIGHCASTLE....and I just couldn't. Maybe I will try again during the holidays.

Now for FARGO. All hail FARGO. The brilliance is blinding. All the actors are great but Kirsten Dunst, Zahn McClamon, and Patrick Wilson are a revelation. I don't think their talent has shined so bright!! For all the LONGMIRE fans out there, Zahn McClamon plays the reservation cop and he is absolutely chilling in FARGO. Who knew? Thank you Noah Hawley for giving the Hanzee role to Zahn. There is just too much 'wonderful' to say about FARGO so if you haven't watched, then binge watch during the holidays. This show had better be up for oodles of Emmys.

Spoiler alert on FARGO.
Last week was pretty damn awesome and this week started started out with a perfect shot to the head. My goodness...Hanzee is fed up and he is not going to take it anymore. I noticed there is chatter online about 'why' Hanzee broke like he did and I think the show did a fine job in a very brief time letting us know that he was an Indian kid living on the streets when Otto (the prick) picked him up at 8 years old. He grew up as an underling in the Gerhardt house watching over Dodd (major racist prick) and the other Gerhardt kids. Then he served 3 tours in Vietnam, came back a hero but probably shunned like other vets because it was such an unpopular war. He faithfully served a family and took verbal abuse AND THEN came the bar scene. Hey...broke the camel's back.

I just can't believe all of the characters we thought were badasses went pfft and were played and outsmarted by what seemed like minor doomed characters. Dang!!

I was a bit put off by the flying saucer but hey, it was as good if not better then any other machinations to get certain characters out of a deadly situation. Loved Peggy saying "it's just a flying saucer" 8-) Guess Minnesota got a fair share of UFOs back in the day, don't ya know.

I swear those were pasties on the counter of the gas station store. Nice touch.

I nearly laughed myself silly with all the build up and then Mike arrives and says "Okay then" and leaves. Bet he takes all the credit when he returns to Kansas City.

Next week will be a hard one for Lou. My heart is breaking already.

BTW....that was Martin Freeman narrating in his best Artur Dent from HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY. I just sat there and kept thinking 'why does the voice and narration' sound so familiar. Also Hanzee's last name is Dent. Hee!
Last edited by Myth on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:06 pm

"Sports games"?! :? Umm, yes, I do like the "sports games". ;) Hey, it keeps me off the streets! :lol:

Myth, I think you mean Martin Freeman did the narration for Monday night's episode of FARGO. Thought he did a good job. Liked that better than the dopey alien stuff. Hated how the flying saucer kept Bear from bashing Lou's brains in the parking lot. It's not that I want the guy to die. I don't. Just hate the deus ex machina bit. Nevertheless, I liked Peggy's response to the UFO. That made me laugh. Despite the alien silliness, I loved the massacre at the motel. Not one stupid shakey cam in sight! Thank you, God!

Mike's reaction to the bloodbath was just great. Talk about good timing.

I am so hoping Hanzee dies a miserable death next week. I don't care how mistreated he's been in life. Constance didn't deserve to die and neither did the owner of the convenience store. I'd also argue the guys from last week's' episode, jerks they may be, didn't deserve it, either.

Only one episode left. Shoot. I'm glad there's going to be a season three, but I'm going to miss the 1979 setting. Would be kind of hard to revisit it, though, with nearly every character from this season now pushing up the daisies.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:08 pm

I hate to admit it, but I think I was a little underwhelmed with the season finale to FARGO. Felt the same way after BREAKING BAD ended. The last couple of episodes were so action packed I expected the same with the finale, especially with Hanzee in hot pursuit of Peggy and Ed. That ended rather quickly with Hanzee disappearing after Lou shot at him. Throughout the episode, I kept waiting for him to show up to exact revenge and nothing happened. Fully expected him to ambush Lou and Peggy in the squad car and when that didn't happen, I thought he'd crash the Solverson house at the end of the episode. No such luck. Turns out he survives. Shoot. I didn't realize this until reading some of the reviews, but "Moses Tripoli" was a character from season one who ends up killed by Lorne Malvo. It's also been suggested that the kids Hanzee saved from the bullies end up working for him. Would have been nice if they reran season one before airing season two so some of us might have made that connection. I don't think they did.

Boy, Milligan and the surviving Kitchen brother arrived at the Gerhardt homestead pretty darn quickly after leaving the Sioux Falls massacre. Thought that drive took longer than that. I guess this means Bear's son who was arrested is now head of the family. He and Dodd's surviving daughters are the only Gerhardts left.

So Milligan ends up as a pencil pusher. I wonder what happened to his henchman. Don't really see him embracing the corporate lifestyle.

Really disappointed with the explanation about Hank's hobby. He's trying to invent a new language that only uses pictures? Are you kidding me? That was so lame. I expected more from that plot point.

Surprised we didn't learn how Lou got his limp. He ended the season injury free.
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows