Current TV Shows #3

Re: Current TV Shows #3

Postby Paula » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Definitely a mixed bag for THE WALKING DEAD this week. On the plus side, Abraham found some RPG's! Woo hoo! Those will make great party favors. :twisted: On the negative side, more infernal navel gazing. :roll: For the love of God, didn't we go through this crap last season when Abraham found out Eugene was lying his ass off about Washington, DC? Enough with the pity parties. Either get with the program or become a zombie buffet. Any character that starts whining about his life should immediately get his ass chomped by the nearest zombie. By the way, doesn't Abraham already have a girlfriend? Now he's got the hots for Sasha? That kind of came out of nowhere. Talk about a love 'em and leave 'em type.

Daryl's story was a bit more interesting. Not so much for the trio he met. He should have easily outsmarted those halfwits. Seriously, how can anybody who's survived this long in the zombie apocalypse be dumb enough to get within biting distance of ANY corpse? That girl deserved to die. What did interest me about Daryl's story were those nasties coming after him and the three morons. Wanted to see more of that.

FARGO was great again. Found it a bit hard to swallow that Peggy was able to take down the baddies, but it was fun to see Dodd meet the wrong end of a cattle prod. :lol: The Mexican standoff at the police station was also very entertaining. Very well done and bravo to Lou for taking charge. Thought for sure Karl was going to buy it when he negotiated with Bear. They really know how to handle suspense on this show. The folks making THE WALKING DEAD could learn a lot from FARGO. With TWD, I don't really care what happens week to week. Definitely not the case with FARGO. Can't wait to see what happens with every new episode.
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Have you guys seen Limitless? It's a whole bunch of fun with a lot of good actors from Dexter in it. The premise is a nebbish loser takes an experimental drug which gives him super mental powers. I know, done to death already. But it is funny and has a lot of comic book action stuff. I love his room-sized artwork as part of his method. I've blown throughout he first 10 episodes already.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Sorry, I haven't watched any episodes of LIMITLESS.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:39 pm

SISTER C- Of all the new shows I've watched, the only one that has kept my attention is LIMITLESS. I really like the main character and bonus with Jennifer Carpenter. I have been taping and need to catch up with the rest of the episodes but with all the mid Season finales, I figure we will have weeks of a dry spell. I plan to watch Jessica Jones during the hiatus.

Paula....seriously? Navel gazing galore on TWD. Prepare yourself for another 16 years 8-)

FARGO is the best :D That that TD!!

I just watched the strangest episode of a new series on ESQUIRE called SPOTLESS. I always try to watch for something that is not mainstream and this may fit the bill. Weird, funny and a bit icky :P I think it is a British and French production. I can't say more. I watched it OD and will continue to do so because I have no idea when it is on :lol:
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Can't say I'm surprised, but I am thoroughly disgusted that Glenn survived on THE WALKING DEAD. From the shoulders up, he was completely exposed to the zombies and not one of them took a bite? Then he just crawls under the dumpster and waits for the zombies to be distracted and wander away? Not your finest hour, TWD. :roll: Then to add insult to injury, the awful Enid shows up. Terrific. Who doesn't enjoy watching a sullen and bratty teenager whining about everything? Give me zombies any day over that! Glenn already knows there's shit going down in Alexandria and he wastes time convincing that pain in the pass to come back with him? To hell with her, man. Haul ass!

As much as I dislike Gabriel, I did not like Rick tearing down his signs. That bothered me more than his yelling at the other Alexandrians for being such major dumbasses. Genius plan there, Spencer! :lol: I guess it wasn't enough to have one unbelievable survival from zombies. TWD had to have two. No way he should have survived falling into the zombie mosh pit. On the bright side, they managed to recover the supplies he took with him. Don't really care that Spencer is still amongst the living.

Isn't Carl a little old to still be wearing his dad's hat? He looks silly. Can't imagine it impresses girls much, even the awful Enid. Now he has to deal with the newly armed Ron. Why on Earth does no one stand guard at the armory? Come on, Rick. You know better than that. I guess he thought it was more important to work on Alexandria's defenses. Too bad he didn't learn from his mistakes back at the prison. Didn't anybody check out the church's structure after the Wolves' attack? Here's the church, here's the steeple. Uh, oh! There goes the steeple. Maybe the zombies wanted to take part in Gabriel's service. :lol: Kind of a shame Alexandria fell so soon. I wanted to see more of the Carol/Morgan confrontation. I guess that's going to be moved to the back burner now. At least Morgan's willing to take out zombies (such a shame how they ruined that character). Hey, zombies! While you're visiting town, can you do us all a favor and start munching on Eugene. Honestly, that guy doesn't deserve to live. He's more useless than Denise.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:34 pm

Another excellent episode of FARGO last night. How great is it that prior to the start of an episode we hear, "Erstwhile on FARGO..." :lol:? Actually felt bad for the duplicitous Simone. While she was never the sharpest tool in the shed, that was a brutal way to go. Marched off to you your own execution by your vengeance minded uncle. Jeez, and she thought her father was a nasty piece of work! Loved how Mike Milligan and the surviving Kitchen brother took out the undertaker and his men. For a while there, I thought he had calmly accepted his fate. Kind of reminded me of Al Pacino getting ready to face his killer in DONNIE BRASCO. Shows how much I know! :lol: I'm just glad Milligan is still around and I hope we get at least one more scene with him and Lou together. Also enjoyed the scenes with Betsy and the King of Breakfast. Mmmmmm, pancakes. :D Looks like Nick Offerman can't get away from the most important meal of the day. Karl Weathers and Ron Swanson (PARKS AND RECREATION) would make good friends. What in the holy heck is going on at Hank's house? I think I had the same reaction as Betsy when she opened the door to her father's study. :shock:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm rather happy Glenn made it out of the zombie hoard. I like him and I like having him around. I don't mind Eugene for some reason. Maybe I just want to see him step forward and get a clue. I don't know about Spencer because that was stupid. Oh well, there's usually a lot of 'stupid' going on in TWD. I have no use for Enid. Next week should be fun....for the zombies.

I am already missing the brilliance of FARGO despite the fact that there are 3 eps left. All the characters and actors are amazing. I hope Mike takes out some of his K.C. crew and the boss man. Mike was doing a whole lot of thinking while waiting for the Undertaker! Simone's death (?) was harsh but you don't screw your own family especially if they are the Gerhardt's. I absolutely loved Floyd's wicked little smile at the end. Anyone else think that she played the cops? She is putting them where she wants them. The opening scene with the window washers was just plain awesome! I simply adored the King of Breakfast and I now want more Offerman on TV and the movies. That hug he gave Betsy was all kinds of wonderful and so very sad. Betsy looks more haggard every episode. I still can't figure out how Ed knew about Mike. I guess Ed does have Dodd and Dodd offered information. It will be pretty funny if the sadistic Dodd can't take some torture from Ed and Peggy.

I saw MILLER'S CROSSING years ago and even though it was a good movie, I will never ever watch it again simply because I thought the walk in the woods was horrifying. Simone's walk made me nauseous.

I am all caught up with LIMITLESS and I still love the Brian Finch character. Very enjoyable show thus far :P
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:14 pm

While he's never been a favorite character of mine, I don't dislike Glenn. Didn't matter to me whether he lived or died. I just don't appreciate being given the middle finger and that's exactly what the show runners of THE WALKING DEAD did to their audience with that little stunt they pulled. No way can you convince me ANY character would have survived that situation. The people making TWD love to brag about how nobody is safe and even popular characters can be killed. Now we know that's a bunch of bs.

I was willing to cut Eugene some slack because he signed up for Rosita's self defense class. Thought he finally understood that he was going to have to change his ways in order to survive. Then his dickhead nature took over yet again and I said to myself, "To hell with Eugene. I'm rooting for the zombies to take him out."

You're so right about the pervasive stupid taking over TWD, Myth. It's a bigger threat than the zombies. Honestly, the only character I have faith in anymore is Carol. Everyone else I want to smack upside the head and yell, "Smarten up, people! It's too late in the game to behave this moronically!" I'm beginning to understand Spike's frustration with his flunkies on BTVS. :lol:

Back to FARGO. I haven't the faintest idea how Ed found out about Mike Milligan. Dodd could have told him I guess, but I don't see why he would do that, torture or not. How would it help him? Ed sure has been lucky to survive this long. I really hope he isn't some sort of sleeper assassin working for the Kansas City mob. Hank said he's known him his whole life which makes it hard to believe he wouldn't know something's up with the butcher of Luverne.

I agree with you, Myth, about Floyd and that telling look on her face. She's got another card up her sleeve. Loved the bit of her smoking the pipe while talking to the authorities. I wonder what she'll do when she finds out about Simone. Even with the girl's betrayal, I can't imagine she'll be very happy with what Bear did. What a shame there are only three episodes left. I'm enjoying this season even more than the first. Can't wait to see what they do in season three.
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:48 am

It's Turkey Day, and MST3K is having a revival of some of the older shows. It's available online on YahooTV, Pluto and a couple of other channels. :D
They're also doing a Kickstarter for a new version of MST3K, if you're interested.
#1The truly awful "Outlaw"(of Gor) with Jack Palance. More buffalo shots than you could shake a stick at.
#2 EEgah! with Richard Keil was just on. "watch out for snakes"

I watched an episode of Jessica Jones and while it was good, it made me depressed as hell. I far prefer the cartoonish violence of Into the Badlands. This week, the Widow disposed of a Redshirt with her stiletto heel.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 pm

So that was the midseason finale for THE WALKING DEAD. Jesus, I can't believe I gave up an hour of the Patriots/Broncos game in snowy Denver to watch that! With the Alexandria perimeter breached and the zombies storming the place, I expected non stop action. What did we get instead? Everyone runs to their houses and has boring ass conversations that lead nowhere. :roll: One thing is for certain with TWD. The dialogue on this show is flat out awful. Every time one of the characters starts in on one of their ghastly speeches, I just want to hit my head against the wall. Blah, blah, blah. Umm, can we address how the hell you're going to escape this major shit storm instead of the endless, "Oh, how we do we keep our humanity!" garbage? FFS! These characters have been living in the land of the zombies for how long now? It has to be well over a year in TWD time (judging by Judith's growth) so enough already with these pointless speeches. This is your reality. Deal with it! I swear sometimes I feel like I'm watching a third rate version of THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION instead a of a zombie show.

Deanna's dead. Good. I really have to question, though, why the hell she was left alone while she was dying? Genius move there, people. Kind of hoping she'd zombify and go after that bratty kid with the awful taste in music. Alas, no such luck. Even bigger question. Why would you leave her with a fully loaded weapon? Those things don't grow on trees and unless Deanna's a complete incompetent (which, I admit, is a fair argument), she only needs one bullet to kill herself. So wasteful even if she did shoot a few of the zombies coming for her. Don't abandon guns and don't waste ammo!

Congratulations, TWD! You've made me hate Morgan. Didn't think that was possible, but they took what was once a great character and turned him into a big pussy. Can't tell you how utterly disgusted I am with this transformation. At this point, I'm hoping Carol takes that damn stick of his and shoves it straight up his ass. :lol: There was some grade A stupid taking place in that house. I don't care if Mr. Wolverine was restrained, Morgan left Denise alone with him?! Hey, buddy, if you thought Carol had a concussion, why on Earth didn't you get the only medical professional who happens to be nearby to treat her? Carol was nodding off, a big Bozo no no if you have a concussion. Also hugely disappointed that Rosita and Tara tossed psycho Wolverine their guns. Fully expected Tara to make that boneheaded move. Rosita, on the other hand... :roll: Damn, she's usually so much smarter than that. Rosita should have told that grungy Lukas Haas lookalike, "Go ahead and do it and I'll put a bullet in your brain."

Finally, we see a return of the zombie camouflage. It's about time. Hell, Rick's gang should have offed Deanna for the extra goo. ;) :lol: Of course, that creepy kid is going to ruin things by calling for his mommy. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Rick survives. Once this crisis ends, he should seriously reconsider getting involved with the blonde. Those kids of hers are nothing but trouble. So wish Carl would give his father the lowdown on the older brother. Don't fall into the same trap Glenn did. He was merciful to the homicidal Nick and look how that turned out.
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows