Current TV Shows #2

Re: Current TV Shows #2

Postby Myth » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:51 am

Being upset over a character death that could have been a historical character, I did my usual and started looking up historical figures during the time of Ragnar the Viking. I google but usually end up the lazy way with Wikipedia. You know, if you keep linking to predecessors, successors, issue wives etc, the richness of history can overwhelm. I would love to see more historical dramas on TV...Charlemagne, Alfred the Great, Louis the XIV, William the Conqueror and so many more. I wonder if the costs would be prohibitive because of locales but VIKINGS does a nice job filming in Ireland in rural areas. History offers such fascinating people which would be a nice break from an abundance of crap shows on TV. The popularity of VIKINGS and GAME OF THRONES is a good indicator that the viewing public loves shows like this. Heck...look at OUTLANDER!! Granted the majority of viewers probably love the gothic romance of the show and hunky Jamie but I am so digging the history and locales of this period.

I am in a 'musing' mood which almost always happens when I am trying to avoid paperwork and bills 8-)
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 am

For some reason I have gotten pretty zen about TWD. I still sigh with 'the stupid' and I can actually get a little worried about some main characters getting chomped on or shot but I've reached a place where I think of TWD as...'it is what it is'. I don't expect anything other then being a little entertained. I guess that is a bit sad. Sigh. Anyhoo, I was all 'huh' with Carol threatening Pete but later realized that she was revving him up for his breakdown as a devise to shake up the Alexandrians. I was tickled to FINALLY see Morgan but he was almost too sane :lol: Here's hoping that Sasha has had an epiphany and actually becomes a 'character'. I just don't know about Gabriel. I think that there is nothing positive this guy could possible do where I might start liking him because of what he did to his congregation. Probably the best part me was Daryl and Aaron. Good stuff especially the chain link decapitations. I will say that I think TWD has ended up in a better place for some storytelling after 'the farm' and 'Terminus'.

The LA WALKING DEAD starts this summer. I like Kim Darby so I look forward to her as a group leader.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Ugh, Glenn, how could you let that murdering schmuck live not once, but twice?! :roll: Stupid, stupid move that will come back to bite him in the ass next season. What's the deal with Maggie? She sure didn't seem too worried that hubby was MIA during the big Alexandria pow wow. Also, why didn't Maggie say anything about what a no good hypocritical back stabber Gabriel is? Kind of a big piece of info not to introduce into the discussion. Sure seemed kind of nutty not to have the big community gathering indoors when it's obviously pretty nippy outside. Okay, I get it from a directorial standpoint, but still. The folks managed to cram in to one house when it's cocktail party time.

So very disappointed that both Sasha and Gabriel survived. Every time they showed up, I wanted to change the channel. Had to chuckle when Gabriel returned to Alexandria without one drop of zombie goo on his white shirt. The d-bag should be banished for leaving the gate open. Also didn't need to hear anything from Eugene. Blah, blah, blah. Don't care. Tara's going to survive. Pity. She's another oxygen thief TWD should jettison. Same for Deanna. Had enough of that dingbat. Let her take her CANDID CAMERA act on the road. :lol: I'd rather red windbreaker guy joined the team. He was all alone and surviving before Wolverine Wackos found him. You knew it was going to happen, but it still disappointed me. Wanted to learn more about him.

How the heck could Daryl and Mr. License Plate not know there were zombies inside those trucks? Come on! Zombies moan and they'd be stomping all over the place. Stealth is not their strong point. You're right, Myth. Daryl taking out three zombies with the chain was sweet. However, Daryl bogarting Rick's stupid pills? Not so great. While I'm glad Morgan saved them, there were an awful lot of zombies there. Kind of hard to buy their rescue. Even harder to buy them just standing outside that rickety gate knowing the baddies could return at any minute. I'd haul ass pronto! Chat later.

Typical of TWD to be one big cocktease with Morgan all season (who I still say should have been the show's lead from day one). Finally, they give him something to do and it's the flippin' season finale!
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:22 am

2 New series alert-

PBS has WOLFHALL starting this Sunday. LIZZIE BORDEN will be starting as well. Check local listings.

CALL THE MIDWIFE started already on PBS but you can catch Episode One on OD or on the PBS site. Love this sweet little series and I can't believe I forgot about it :oops:

ETA - OUTLANDER is back Sunday night but you all knew that 8-) Bring on the kilts and Jamie abs :?
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:12 pm

Anyone else watching VIKINGS? Gotta love Queen Nutcase :lol: The actor playing King Eckbert is killing it!! I also think Travis Flimmel is doing a fine job as Ragnor. From Calvin Klein underwear model (yum) to TARZAN IN MANHATTEN to VIKINGS, TF has grown considerably as an actor.
Myth
Vamp

Postby tactile » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:50 pm

The new season of Vikings has just started over here.

As well as being easy on the eyes, Travis Flimmel (Ragnor) has a strong on-screen presence. Linus Roache plays King Eckbert. He's the son of William Roache - a famous soap actor over here. The soap, 'Coronation Street', has been running for about 100 years...that might be an exaggeration. Bill Roache is the longest-serving star. He's appeared in it since the first episode.
Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:34 pm

One of these days I'll get to VIKINGS. All that carnage is right up my alley. Definitely will watch WOLF HALL. Won't be watching any more of OUTLANDER. Angry that I wasted time on that nitwittery. Champing at the bit waiting for the divine SILICON VALLEY to return. Anyone catch BLOODLINE on NETFLIX? It dragged a bit, but overall I thought it was quite good.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Tactile - I was watching RIDDICK the other day (it's a go to movie when I want background noise since I know the film so well). A :idea: went off and I remembered Linus Roache as the 'Purifier' in the CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK. I was rather impressed with him even though it was a fairly short scene. I also remembered seeing him on LAW AND ORDER which is kind of funny because I never really watched L&O. I think he is very nice looking and pretty darn sexy as the devious murdering Eckbert. His take on Eckbert is fascinating.

I watched OUTLANDER and will probably continue to do so but it is hard at times because I read some Gothic Romance novels years ago and got tired of them pretty fast because they are so formulaic and the heroine is pretty much always a stubborn little twit who impulsively does things that cause problems and/or havoc. Heck, the same is true with the heroines of Gothic horror/fantasy books IMHO. The most aggravating for me was Sookie Stackhouse. Claire, for me, is pretty dumb most times thus far. Granted she comes from a modern time but she should be smarter and try to understand what was the norm of the day so that she doesn't totally stick out like a sore thumb and endanger or emasculate others. I still love OUTLANDER for the scenery and the colorful characters and history. Anyone else think they accidentally switched channels to late night Cinemax at one point? I will cut Claire some slack because as part of the audience, I knew she didn't just wonder off, she was trying to find the stones. Still, if she disappeared through the stones, she could have caused the death of Jamie and his cohorts in their quest to find her. Damn...time for being truthful with Jamie. Silence and lack of communication can be such a trite plot devise. I am looking at you Buffy and BTVS!!!! BTW- when I think back to my Gothic Romance reading days, I have to admit that I fondly remember THE PRIZE by Judy Garwood. It was my mother's book and I picked it up out of boredom and loved every page.

ORPHAN BLACK returns for Season 3 April 18th. Squee!

I am taping WOLF HALL but I plan on watching every episode. The nice thing about PBS is that you can go to their site and just watch the episode after it airs in case you missed it. It is far less aggravating than watching OD because you can FF.
Myth
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:12 am

I found a couple of cute shows on Acorn, Monarch of the Glen, set in the Scottish highlanDS and Rosemary and Thyme, featuring two lady gardeners/detectives.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:35 am

There's an ACORN station?.... :shock:

LOST GIRL fans. Season 5 is the Final Season.
LOST GIRL end date

Looks like POLDARK starts here in the States in June on PBS.

Loved WOLF HALL :D
Myth
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows