Current TV Shows #2

Current TV Shows #2

Postby Myth » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Just some thoughts...

-AMERICANS S3 starts this week on FX. For some reason I am not crazy about this series but I watch. The acting is excellent
-THE LIBRARIANS is not stellar TV but it is entertaining and Christian Kane is adorable...as usual. Happy that Noah Wylie isn't going to be on often but that may change once FALLING SKIES ends.
-I watched THE FALL on Netflix. It's a British series with Gillian Anderson playing a police officer/profiler in search of a serial killer. Rave reviews. I thought it was good but not great. HAPPY VALLEY is superior in every way IMHO.
-THE MISSING on Starz has me all twisted. So many unexpected twists that make it good and pretty sick at the same time. I am not a Francis O'Connor fan so she takes me out of the story some times.
-Z NATION had some interesting twists that I liked. Don't know if it has been renewed.
-I watched a bit of THE COMEBACK but I can't take Lisa Kudrow's screechy voice. Yikes!
-HOMELAND actually came back strong this Season. Next week is the Season finale and I hope they don't screw it up.
-I may try and watch some more of MADAM SECRETARY. I think it is fairly well done and I like Tea Leone. Not fond of the new series with Katherine Heigle.
-ASCENSION starts tonight for a 3-parter.
-AGENTS OF SHIELD really, and I mean REALLY, picked itself up this Season :shock: I am actually pretty happy with it now.
-THE FLASH is entertaining with a few grating characters. I find the Tom Cavanagh character interesting. I've watched this on demand when I want light entertainment. I am not a fan of ARROW. The only show I really like on The CW is THE ORIGINALS. I've liked Joseph Morgan since HEX.
-THE AFFAIR on Showtime. I really don't like this series and I can't stand the 2 main characters but I have watched it since ep 1 and I want to know how the Season ends.

Hmmmm...anything else?
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Re: Current TV Shows #2

Postby Paula » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:17 pm

I love THE AMERICANS, quite possibly the most underrated show on tv right now. Still rooting for Stan to get the goods on those no good Russkies. :D Hope they give more screen time to Richard Thomas. He's terrific.

Z NATION isn't one for the ages, but it is unpretentious fun. Definitely like how they mostly avoid the boring ass navel gazing that infects THE WALKING DEAD. Zombies whipped up into tornadoes or glowing with radiation? Fine by me! :lol:

Really like THE AFFAIR, especially the RASHOMON aspects of it. Pretty bummed there's only one episode left, but it will be back next year. Very curious to see how this will play out. Noah is such a scum bucket.

Saw a few episodes of THE COMEBACK. Dear lord, is it awful. Normally, I love Hollywood satires, but this is painfully unfunny. Why people slobber over it is a mystery to me.

Don't forget JUSTIFIED, Myth! Last season is just around the corner.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Really like THE AFFAIR, especially the RASHOMON aspects of it. Pretty bummed there's only one episode left, but it will be back next year. Very curious to see how this will play out. Noah is such a scum bucket.

It's hard for me to watch douchbag characters and Noah is a doucebag and Allison is a mess. The 'he said she said, he remembered she remembered' doesn't work for me unless it is a murder investigation. Yes, I know there is a 'murder investigation' but I think this writing technique is being used to showcase the characters' good side and the flaws. I see nothing but flaws. I am not crazy about Helen and Cherry is the mother-in-law from hell. Cole is okay but he is a dumbass. I couldn't believe Allison cut herself so deep, slept with scuzzy Oscar and then tries to off herself in the ocean. Gah!! In a way I hope Allison's self-destructive actions wake her up. She has to know that damage she is causing another family. BTW....Helen's shampoo costs $60.00. Yep...$60.00. I am curious to see how the Season ends but I highly doubt I will watch S2. I also feel that Noah was a douche BEFORE he met Allison. She was his excuse to get out of his marriage and obligations.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Top 10 shows of 2014 according to imDb users

http://www.imdb.com/best-of/imdb-countd ... _BestOf_hd
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Here's a nice list of the premiere dates for new shows and returning shows after the holidays-

http://www.tv.com/news/2015-tv-premiere ... 764229219/
Myth
Vamp

Postby Spike's Wolf » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Myth wrote:Top 10 shows of 2014 according to imDb users

http://www.imdb.com/best-of/imdb-countd ... _BestOf_hd

:D Game of Thrones was #1 :D

I finally am a fan of a number 1 show. Usually I don't like or watch any of the shows in the top 10 lists.
Spike's Wolf
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:31 pm

GAME OF THRONES and TRUE DETECTIVE are pretty good. THE WALKING DEAD is a definite mixed bag. A lot of wasted potential there. The other shows? Don't have any interest in watching them. Would have been nice to see FARGO, THE AMERICANS, SILICON VALLEY, and THE AFFAIR included. SOUTH PARK also had a strong season. SLEEPY HOLLOW has been sliding in season two. Hope the remaining episodes are better.
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Huh! How did Arrow finish above True Detective.

Love Game of Thrones, and Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey's performances in True Detective were riveting.

I too think that Fargo deserved to be included.

"Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Forgot to include YOU'RE THE WORST in my best of list. That's a pretty funny comedy and I was pleasantly surprised to learn it will be back for season two. Usually, shows I like go down in flames pretty quickly.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:04 am

I too think that Fargo deserved to be included.

I loved TRUE DETECTIVE and it deserves to be on a top ten list but I find that I was actually more impressed with with FARGO. I'd watch FARGO again in a heart beat but, in all honesty, I don't think I could sit through listening to Matt McC's character again. It was a brilliant one-timer for me.

HOMELAND ended its Season quietly (kind of boring) and it set things in motion for next Season. I did not appreciate Carrie's mother showing up out of the blue just to have Carrie realize that she could be in a relationship with the bi-polar disorder. It was an anvil plot twist move. Gah!! Oh well, I will watch next Season because I worry about Quinn. I can spin Quinn getting captured or in hiding and Carrie will be swept back to the Middle East for a rescue. I will also watch because I want to see Tasneen burn.

I watched the final 2 eps of THE MISSING because Starz has them available for viewing ON DEMAND. Another HUH?! finale. Sheesh. The second Season has to have a new story and new characters because I don't see how this particular story can go any further.

The Season Finale for THE AFFAIR was better then I expected. I don't know If I will watch S2. I have a hard time watching characters I really, really dislike and Noah is horrible.

Looking forward now to SHAMELESS and EPISODES January 6th.
Myth
Vamp

Next

Return to TV Shows