Current TV Shows #2

Re: Current TV Shows #2

Postby Myth » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm curious about TWELVE MONKEYS so I'll give it a shot. Don't know about HELIX. The best thing I can say about that show is that it's not as stunningly awful as UNDER THE DOME.

And yet you kept watching UNDER THE DOME.... :lol:

I'll catch HELIX ON DEMAND just to see how bad it is this Season. I have BANSHEE at 10 :twisted:
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Myth wrote:
I'm curious about TWELVE MONKEYS so I'll give it a shot. Don't know about HELIX. The best thing I can say about that show is that it's not as stunningly awful as UNDER THE DOME.

And yet you kept watching UNDER THE DOME.... :lol:

I'll catch HELIX ON DEMAND just to see how bad it is this Season. I have BANSHEE at 10 :twisted:

True, but I gave the heave ho to UNDER THE DOME when it was no longer entertaining to hate watch. OUTLANDER is going to meet the same fate.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:30 pm

I am actually impressed with 12 MONKEYS. I watched the second episode ON DEMAND to see if the pilot was a fluke...and it was good :) HELIX is HELIX. Sigh.

Paula - I will lead you into a room of OUTLANDER fanatics/lovers (including my cousins AND their husbands) and I will just sit back and watch the fun :twisted:
Myth
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:11 pm

HANNIBAL gets a new serial killer played by THE HOBBIT'S Thorin, Richard Armitage.

HANNIBAL

I have not been happy with SLEEPY HOLLOW this Season because it has gotten bogged down with some useless characters (Katrina), they took the bite and the beheadings from the Headless Horseman making him a whiny big baby and then they added too many standalones and the ratings have suffered. Here is a nice article about this -

SLEEPY HOLLOW

Can we please get rid of stupid TV Executives? Please!!
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Ugh, can we please put an end to the tedious rape storyline from DOWNTON ABBEY? Enough is enough! That being said, I'll gladly put up with the trials and tribulations of Mr. and Mrs. Bates if they would just get rid of the insufferable Miss Bunting. Seriously, I've had it up to my eyeballs with that cow. If she hates the aristocracy so much (and Lord knows she can never shut up about it), why the hell can't she stay away from Downton Abbey? I'm pretty sure both Tom and Daisy are allowed to leave the premises from time to time so let Bunting meet up with them in town and if in some future episode, she gets run over by a car, I promise I won't get misty eyed.

Once again, fate takes a huge dump on Edith. That woman can't catch a break to save her life. So the farmer's wife is going to play hardball. Time for hubby to set that woman straight, propriety be damned. Heck, she comes off as such an unpleasant character, maybe they should let Edith take the other kids, too. :lol:

Anyone else kind of underwhelmed with Baxter's big confession? I don't know. There was all that buildup and that's what we got? She did it all for a guy who bailed on her? Big whoop.

Has Lord Robert been taken over by pod people? It wasn't that long ago he gave that toast praising Cora's virtues and now he thinks she's the intellectual equal of Isis. The writing has been a wee bit inconsistent with this guy.

Sure looks like Mary's big getaway with Tony was a letdown. Not so great in the sack, eh Mary? Too bad, really. From what little we saw, the man had a nice body. Then again, I tend to think every man sniffing around Mary can do better, even the newspaper bigwig from a few seasons back.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:54 pm

JUSTIFIED premieres tonight for its 6th and Final Season. I have to admit that it may be hard for me to watch this Season because it is supposed to be Raylan vs. Boyd....Oy!!

Paula - I don't expect much from DA anymore. It is what it is. I bet Edith's lover shows up after having suffered an injury and coma or amnesia and he wants Edith back which will then cause more drama about Marigold and possible scandal. Mary will realize she loves the other guy who will find out she spent a weekend with what's his boring face. Thomas will steal the jewels and Ms. Baxter will be blamed. This time Bates will not be accused of murder....when he actually did it. Ms. Bunting will continue to irritate Robert and probably convince Tom to leave for America with her. What else?

I taped GRANTCHESTER that aired after DA on PBS because I like Robson Green and the young actor playing the Rev. The latter was in HAPPY VALLEY and he was astounding in that series.

I won't say much about SLEEPY HOLLOW except that it sure looked like Michelle Tractenberg's boobs were desperate to escape Abigail Adams bodice :shock: 8-)
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Very, very worried about the future of SLEEPY HOLLOW. Its ratings have not been good and while other Fox shows have been renewed for next season, SH has not. Last night's episode was a bit on the mediocre side. Whose genius idea was it to split up Crane and Abbie for the majority of an episode? How I hate Katrina, so much so that Michelle Trachtenberg didn't annoy me as much as usual. That's no mean feat. Okay, here's a dumb question. Why the heck didn't Abigail Adams and the clergyman kill the artist when they had the chance? Instead they trap him in a painting that some poor ignorant dope will free years later so the guy can resume his slice and dice ways? Hey, genius plan there! :lol:

Kind of funny how Katrina whines about living in the 21st Century when she clearly has no problems abandoning her 18th Century wardrobe. Shouldn't she have felt a little exposed wearing that number? Remember back when Katrina identified herself as a Quaker? Riiiiiiight. :roll: They really need to axe her from this show. She and Crane are boring together and all she does is spout some silly mumbo jumbo and play the martyr. Powerful witch, my ass. Oh, Crane, you could do so much better than her! If not Abbie, resurrect Miss Caroline.

So Irving's wife has been apprised of all the supernatural shenanigans taking place in Sleepy Hollow? Kind of surprised she isn't seriously pissed off at Abbie for being kept in the dark until Irving's supposed death. Not only that, Mrs. Irving had to keep it a secret? No burial, no headstone, nothing? Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. :?

Liked seeing Abbie and Jenny working together and ragging on Katrina. Hey, can I join their I Hate Katrina Club? Jenny is quite the team player going out on her own to do some grave digging. How icky was that scene? Should have had her gagging while she was digging out bullets from Mr. Squishy. Either that or have her run into Henry Hill, Tommy DeVito, and Jimmy Conway digging up Billy Batts. :lol:

No Hawley this week. Works for me! Sadly, it looks like he's a major player in next week's episode. Jeez Louise, why are these show runners so blind to what works and what doesn't work in their tv shows?
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:58 pm

I hope they do renew. It is inconsistent but I still love it.
Check this article about this week's episode:
http://io9.com/sleepy-hollow-really-rea ... 1682055193
Good luck, Irving. You'll need it.

So! Not a subtle hour. This was definitely the television equivalent of someone grabbing the wheel from the passenger seat and crossing four lanes of traffic to get the right exit. On the other hand, we needed to get off that road somehow, and if this is how it happens — Hawley closing up shop, Katrina finally revealing her villainy, Abbie and Jenny having sister time, and Abbie and Ichabod once again talking to each other about something besides Ichabod's family life, then I might just be curious again. The floor's yours, Sleepy Hollow. See you next week.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby Myth » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 am

Hopefully SLEEPY HOLLOW will get back on track but I still worry about the ratings and trigger happy TV execs! Loved the Karaoke and Crane's reaction to more yoga :lol:

JUSTIFIED is back and this Season already looks like it might be awesome. Sam Elliott and Garrett Dillahunt may prove to be memorable Big Bads as well as Mary Steenbergen. I'd be swimming in Xanax topped off with Valium if I were Ava!I could feel her shaking! Once again Justified introduces us to a new colorful character in Choo Choo. I will dearly miss Dewey Crowe and the actor but look forward to watching Choo Choo. This may end Raylan part in the JUSTIFIED world but I am not ready to let go. I would love to see Tim, Rachel and Art start a new chapter.

For some reason I only saw a few episodes of DEADWOOD when it was on back when so I guess I was living the life of the 'exhausted' with 3 kids and work. I noticed that DEADWOOD is on AMAZON PRIME for free so I may check this out after I finish the last few episodes of PRIMEVAL's final Season.. Several actors from DEADWOOD keep showing up on JUSTIFIED.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Season two of SLEEPY HOLLOW has been disappointing, but it's still appointment television for me because of Tom Mison. Hell, it's the only thing I watch on Fox that isn't sports related. Will it return for a season three? God, I hope so, but I'm not optimistic. Junk like AMERICAN IDOL stays on for an eternity while SH may be on its last legs. Yep, that makes me happy.

Myth, you would be amazed how many actors from DEADWOOD ended up on JUSTIFIED. At this point, I think only Ian McShane hasn't shown up. Such a great show and it ended way too soon.

Enjoyed JUSTIFIED, but Boyd is on my shit list for shooting Dewey in the season premiere. Sure, you knew his days were numbered, but couldn't he have made his exit later in the season? No more great Dewey lines like my personal favorite, "The anus is on you!" :lol:

Did anyone catch THE AMERICANS? Great premiere. Looks like we'll be getting more Gaad as Richard Thomas was listed in the opening credits. Yay! Still didn't like that no good Commie, Elizabeth, beating the shit out of him though. :evil: Worried about Martha. I do like her. How funny was that KAMA SUTRA scene? Also like the addition of Frank Langella. Woah, Nelly, Philip is not okay with Paige joining the family business! Does he know that Elizabeth was raped as part of her training? If so, maybe he should bring that up with wifey? Despite what we've seen, I'm not 100% convinced that Elizabeth is on board with this plan. Is she biding time until she can figure a way out? Don't know. I do kind of hope Philip becomes a double agent. Yeah, he's still a bastard (RIP Annelise), but his loyalty does waver from time to time.
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to TV Shows