Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby tubbyk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Myth wrote:Dany can't have more children. Wasn't that established in Season 2?

Ah yes, but is the prophecy that she can't be pregnant, or that she'll die if she gives birth again? If it's the latter then they could do some major prophecy jiggery pokery and have a tragic ending but still a brand new Jon/Dany Incest Targaryan Prophecy Bebe!

I do really hope that either Dany or Sansa go feral. Dany isn't the full quid or she wouldn't have burnt all the food her soldiers so desperately need. A tad firebuggy methinks. And I still go back to the fact that Sansa's wolf died right at the start of the show. If they're going to keep with the wolf dies/owner dies symbolism then she's cactus, so might as well go crazy along with it. Plus admiring and learning from Cersei is NOT really a positive thing.

No idea where they're going with the Night's King. Might turn out that he has a big craving for turnips and has just been dying to get over the wall for a good feast. Zero ideas about his motives but Hardholme was my favourite battle too and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

The other person who would make a fabulous ruler is Tyrion. He would be great but I don't know how much he'd want it, if ever. I do think that the person who ends up in charge won't be someone who has ever desired to get the top job. Tyrion is incredibly smart, well read, knows how things work in high and low society, and he's had more than enough experience to be fair with everyone on all sides. Plus he is probably the only character who I think will definitely be alive at the end.
tubbyk
Child Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Shenanigans! :evil: No way could Jaime and Bronn have survived after last week's episode. Not surprised GOT pussied out and went that direction, but I don't have to like it and I don't. Even more insulting is the fact they both made it back to King's Landing safe and sound. Also disappointed that Dany didn't say, "Dracarys," when she landed her dragon right in front of King Schmuck, Jon Snow. Come on, Dany! One little word and we would have been rid of that dolt.

Despite my griping, I liked the episode. Can't really blame Dany for turning the Tarlys into charcoal briquettes. It sure did bring the others in line! "Bend the knee? Hell, yeah, I'll bend the knee! Just don't flame me!" :lol: Still, you damn well know she's going to take it in the ass for that one. I doubt Sam will care about losing his father, but he won't be keen on Dickon's demise.

MVP honors last night have to go to Ser Davos. One great line after another. It's a shame most of the folks in Westeros are lacking his insight and common sense. I knew he was looking for Gendry! How great was it that they didn't drag out that scene. "Want to leave?" "Okay!" :lol: Good for Gendry who kind of resembles Christian Bale without the 2x4 stuck up his ass.

It's a shame Bronn and Tyrion didn't say much to each other. Indeed, I was hoping Bronn was going to leave with Davos, Tyrion, and Gendry to join Team Dany. By the way, did Westeros suddenly develop some sort of rapid transit system? People are zipping back and forth from place to place so fast it's making my head spin. :?

Okay, anyone else think the plan to grab a white walker and bring it to King's Landing was an incredibly stupid one? Of course, nothing could bad could ever come of this! Jesus. :roll: Oh well. I have to say I like the ragtag group going north on their quest. Not sure on the exact number, but I know the music they should play as they set forth on their journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XDB7GMnbUQ
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:38 am

Myth wrote:
Dany can't have more children. Wasn't that established in Season 2?

Ah yes, but is the prophecy that she can't be pregnant, or that she'll die if she gives birth again? If it's the latter then they could do some major prophecy jiggery pokery and have a tragic ending but still a brand new Jon/Dany Incest Targaryan Prophecy Bebe!

There was a prophecy? :shock: ......ROTF!

-Goodness! Gendry's looks have matured and he is taller.... and he has a BIG hammer ;) If you got a close look at that hammer it had the Baratheon stag on it. Davos wants him to be quiet about his parentage so Gendry immediately tells Jon the truth. The exasperated look on Davos' face... :lol: Bronn and Davos have their work cut out for them with the main characters.
-Why oh why did Sam have a hissy fit when Gilly was reading the entry about Rhaegar's annulment and remarriage? Gah!! I hope Gilly gets to remember this info at the right moment....and leave out the number of stairs 8-)
-I really have no patience for the drama surrounding Sansa, Ayra and Baelish. Uck!! Just filler tension that isn't tense at all. Arya dear, just slit baelish's throat with the pretty Valarian dagger.
-I was surprised with the true affection Dany showed Jorah. The Friend zone must suck for him.
- Loved the' Magnificent 7' at the end. It's like another SUICIDE SQUAD but with furs. I am grateful that Ghost stayed at Winterfell. Next week looks goooood!
- Bronn and Jaime not drowning? Oy! I guess we have to suspend all logical thought and timelines and travel times while watching. Oh well...I can do that because GOT is worth it for me.
-Paula!! I will say it again....Lay off my pretty Jon. He is a great character in this series. I am just happy that the guy can actually smile sometimes :D
-Jon petting Drogon? Oh the feels! Drogon can sniff out the Targaryan!
- For men who are considered the smartest men in the 7 Kigdoms, the Maesters are as dumb as dirt.
-Sam....you are now the head of House Tarly. I did feel bad about Dickon.
- WTH :o Cersei is pregnant? I think she's lying but if it turns out to be true, I just CAN'T understand why the writers would do this! Uck!! Did she purposely seduce Jaime at the right time? Too many questions and....uck!
-Cersei called Bronn a traitor. Not good.

Edited because I like this article I found on Jon and it pretty much sums up my feelings for Jon as he has grown up through the Season....both the good and the dumb-

http://mashable.com/2017/08/14/jon-targ ... 1eSaD1jOq6
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Really, Myth, you expect me to lay off Jon Snow? :lol: Poor, deluded Myth. You know that will NEVER happen. I hate Jon Snow and the actor who plays him stinks to the high heaven. The fact he's still breathing (even after being killed!) while other more interesting characters have met their maker annoys me no end.

I really don't care what happens in Winterfell. The Starks are morons. Amazed all of them aren't six feet under at this point.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Pretty bummed about the dragon. Can't believe NOBODY suggested that the plan to nab a White Walker was unbelievably stupid. :roll: Come on, guys, not everyone has to be as intellectually challenged as Dany and Jon. Jesus, if it weren't for Ser Davos and Bronn, I think I'd have to root for Team White Walker at this point. It's really hard to feel any sympathy for characters who have negative IQ's. Speaking of morons, I wish someone would take out both Arya and Sansa. Have had it with both of them. Only one episode left this season. At this point, I'm shrugging my shoulders.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Wow.....I've gotten all these calls last night and today about how great ep 6 was. Meh! I liked some parts and I now want a Tormund and Hound spin off :D I was a bit spoiled for the ep because my very bad finger clicked on a link and I saw some scenes so I squawked and did a somewhat fast exit. I didn't care for the ep even if I saw a bit of it. It was based on a stupid idea thought up by Tyrion and then Jorah volunteered so Jon HAD to say he would go. I am just saying this because Jon didn't make with the initial stupid here but he carried it through. I am dearly upset that the dragon died and it was a horrible death. It is really hard to like an ep base on stupidity and then watch a magnificent creature die like that. It was horrible to see the Night King bring him back to an undead state. Besides an army of thousands of undead, now NK has his own dragon ride with cold/freezing fire. The NK can also walk THROUGH dragon fire :shock: NK just got scarier.

A few thoughts -
-we the audience have seen 'Arrow Mountain' before....when the Children of the Forest made the Nk, the mountain was in the background but the landscape was lush and green back then. The NK still makes this area his 'home'. It must have started freezing over slowly after his 'birth'.
-I would say that the MVP this episode was the raven but because it flew ALL the way to Dragonstone in time, then we can say that the dumb bird killed the dragon :(
-If no one suffers from frostbite next week then I call foul!!!! How could any human survive those temps and conditions and not cover their heads and their ears!!!!????? Hell....their ears should be falling off!
-Why did that one wight keep moving? Did another WW 'lend' the wight to his brother WW? The wight should have fallen apart when the WW shattered. I also noticed that the other attacking wights were trying to free the captured wight. Interesting Guess the NK doesn't want the wight past the Wall and showing the rest of Westoros that the undead actually exist.
-I knew we would get a halfway naked Jon so Dany could see the knife scars.
-Some anvil foreshadowing about Dany possibly getting pregnant and Jon not being happy because he will always have to fight the enemy like Beric. GRRM is supposed to love 'bittersweet'.
-OMG....I am actually looking forward to Dany and Jon hooking up :shock: Incest!!! Ewwww!! Bring it on :oops:
-This may be farfetched but I don't think the Lord of Light will allow Jon to die. Remember the LOUD gasp when Jon came back to life? Well we heard again when Jon got out from under all those soldiers at the Battle of the Bastards. Last night we heard it again when Jon crawled out of the icy water. I think Jon should have died both times and maybe he did ;)

I hope the last ep is good and a fine set up for next Season. I do think the writers are going full steam ahead to the finish line and are wrecking a little havoc on the plotting and on the time travel stuff. I think I only have 3 burning questions at this point....1) when will Jon learn about his parents; 2) Is there something special in the crypt?; 3) what the hell is motivating the NK now to kill the living and take over everything. It's been, what, a thousand years or more since his last attempt ? Did the comet signal a prophecy? Too many questions still.
Myth
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Frankly, that was a little underwhelming for a season finale. Great plan there, Jon! You nearly get your ass handed to you trying to get a walker and lose a dragon in the process all to get Cersei to join your side and how did that work out? :roll: Jesus. Dany should have yelled, "Dracarys!" the first time that moron opened his mouth. I sure as hell wouldn't want that ass clown on my side. By the way, good for Jaime calling him a dolt. Couldn't stop laughing at that line.

Even if Jon and Dany weren't related, I'd still be grossed out by them having sex. Call me crazy, but those actors have absolutely no chemistry. Boring.

Theon's scene with Jon was a waste. "I've been sooo bad!" Well, no shit, Sherlock! You've already given this speech. Didn't care then, either.

Good to see the surviving Stark kids putting the screws to Littlefinger. I'll admit it. I didn't think they had it in them. Finally, they smarten up.

So Jaime is hightailing it out of there? Too bad Bronn didn't go with.

The final scene with the wall tumbling down was pretty cool. Tormund should be dead, but if Jaime and Bronn were able to escape certain death by drowning a couple of weeks ago, clearly all bets are off.

Since things ended on a pretty down note, I thought a little levity might be in order.

http://www.tvovermind.com/game-of-thron ... dary-video
Paula
Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:51 pm

The Season Finale was just so so for me because so many things were foreshadowed. No surprises for me except for the demise of Littlefinger. So the sisters played the slimey player. Nicely done but Littlefinger's death, for me, should have been....'more'. He started most of the mess so I would have liked death by Drogon but only after a week or so sitting in a cell knowing what his fate was. He was a despicable character but a great one and Aidan Gillan did a great job in the role.

I liked the smaller scenes the most like the conversations of characters who haven't seen each other for years. The HOUND is killing it this Season along with Tormund. I will definitely be sad if they die and this being GOT I think it is a given. I just love everyone's reaction to Bran stating that he is the Three Eyed Raven. Sam's reaction was the best Sunday night :D I also loved Theon's smile when he realized he had no pain when the guy kneed him in his nethers and there was no pain The guy's reaction was priceless as well.

I don't know, I think I was down because of the disaster that was Ep 6. I get that no one would believe the 'army of the dead' and the Night King without proof but everything went wrong and now we have a powerful dragon wight and a lying scheming Cersei. A portion of the Wall is down now and the dead are on the march. I do think the NK would have waited until the water froze over where the Wall met the sea but he got a weapon literally handed to him. Sigh. I did not think the scenes with Viserion burning down the Wallwere that awesome because the NK looked so cheesy riding the dragon. Maybe it was all the blue 8-) BTW...I would have lied and schemed the same way Cersei did Hey, it's a brilliant stratgic move! Let the Northern army get killed and there is less enemy to worry about :D It would be funny if the NK just wants to kill all the humans and take the Iron Throne and while he is at it, take Cersei as his Queen. They would smolder in their hatred and she deserves ruling over a frozen desolate world wearing a crown of icicles. Of course I would hope some of the characters make their way to Essos or Braavos or even Valryia. I only see the NK winning because his army will never really dwindle. If the NK is defeated, I think we are looking at a grand sacrifice, probably by Jon or Dany or both. Goodness, I like to speculate.

I will state, unequivocally, that I like Jon Snow and I have from day one. I have enjoyed his journey and his dumb mistakes and I knew he was the main character because he was THE BASTARD! He was raised by Ned Stark who was too honorable and a stubborn, loyal Northerner as well. For everyone who complains about his character....hey, he was raised to be the way he is. I would cry foul if he were different and fought with his brains and not his emotions, fists and swords. If Cersei acted meek and forgiving all of a sudden we would all be stunned and cry foul. Frankly, the world would end 8-) I like Kit Harrington and think his looks have matured beautifully in the last 7 years. He has a shapely bum as well. I like his portrayal of Jon but that doesn't mean that I would like him in anything else. From what I've read online, Jon's character has been polarizing for fans. Not me. He is meant to be this way and I have accepted it, warts and dead dragons and all.

As far as Jon and Dany are concerned...it would have been a glorious love story which means it has to be doomed. This saddens me in a way because I think the characters would be good together. Jon has too much honor to not be affected by the aunt and nephew connection. Dany maybe more accepting. Such a shame because I thought the actors conveyed a passionate and true love in their boinking scene. OMG, Season 8 is going to be emotionally crippling! And of course there will be a baby. I only wish that there will be 3 more dragon eggs and one surviving Targaryen so the possibility of more dragons can exist. Throw in a lively Snow and Nymeria and I will be a happy camper. Huh....Tormund and Brienne having monster babies would be great but the only characters I feel that will definitely survive is Sam. Gilly and the baby. The death chips will be falling all over the place next Season.

The 8th Season may take until 2019 to air. Yep....2019. Guess I need to start my cardio and low fat diet now :roll:
Myth
Vamp

Previous

Return to TV Shows