What are you reading?

What are you reading?

Postby sister cuervo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:33 pm

I decided to re-read the Temeraire series again, written by Naomi Novak. Now I'm anxious for her to finish up the next installment.
On my Nook, I'm reading the Whisperings paranormal mysteries (with a little romance).
If anyone would like the loan of any of the Craig Johnson books (Longmire), I have Any Other Name (the new one) plus several others. for the Nook. Sorry, I don't own a Kindle.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Paula » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:51 pm

Don't know if there are any other baseball fans here, but I've been reading OUT OF MY LEAGUE by Dirk Hayhurst. It's a funny account of his attempts to reach the Majors as a pitcher. He also wrote THE BULLPEN GOSPELS, another terrific baseball book.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Teep_P12 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Not reading anything right now but just finished the Hunger Games trilogy on Audible yesterday and started Outlander today. I have a LONG commute these days.
Teep_P12
Site Admin

Postby zubiemom » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Currently reading the newest book from Laurien Berenson, Death of a Dog Whisperer. It's the latest installment in her Melanie Travis mystery series, and as always, involves dog shows and Standard Poodles.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby tamseyt » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:11 pm

I just finished reading
Karen Rose - Closer Than You Think
Mary Burton - Cover Your Eyes

I'm just about to start reading my all time favourite author's new book
Patricia Cornwell - Fresh and Blood
tamseyt
Baby Vamp

Postby Spike's Wolf » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm a Kathy Reichs fan of her Temperance Brennan series. I am currently finishing "Bones of the Lost" and already have "Bones Never Lie" to read next.
Spike's Wolf
Master Vamp

Postby zubiemom » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm currently reading The Witch with No Name by Kim Harrison. It's #13 in The Hollows series.
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby Paula » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:51 am

Just finished reading THE MARTIAN by Andy Weir. What a ripoff! At no point in nearly 400 pages do we see a single Martian! :lol: On the serious side, I enjoyed it. The main character had a snarky sense of humor which I liked. I will say I found it a tad hard to believe he didn't lose his cool more often. Considering the circumstances, it'd certainly be understandable! I don't care if Mark Watney is a trained astronaut. He's stranded on Mars with limited supplies and nobody on Earth knows he's alive. The man should be shitting bricks! I'm not a techie by any stretch so the scientific details of how he survives on Mars were a little lost on me. Still, the protagonist is an admitted Chicago Cubs fan so how could I not root for him? ;) TM is a pretty fast read. Only a need a few days to get through it. Very curious to see the film version though I must admit to being very disappointed that MAAAAAAAAAATT DAAAAAAAAMON was cast as Watney. If only they'd let me run Hollywood. :D
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:23 pm

I finished a good one the other day, called The Coroner's Lunch by Collin Cotterill, set in 1978 Laos. The protagonist is a 72yr old doctor in an unfunded "lab". He gets help from friends, rather than techies, as well as the occasional spirit. It's strange & funny! I loved it.
Right now I'm reading some light cozy British mysteries by Marty Wingate "Birds of a Feather" series. Lots of info on birding in the British Isles.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Return to Books