#001 Miscellaneous Sports News

Re: #001 Miscellaneous Sports News

Postby Paula » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Cubs are in bad shape. They're down three games to the Mets. They lose tonight and their season is done. Truth be told, the Mets are playing better baseball than the Cubs right now. The pitching hasn't been that bad. The guys at the plate just can't get much of an offense going in the NLCS. It's not over yet. The Red Sox were in the same boat a few years back against the Yankees and staged the most improbable comeback in MLB history. Can the Cubs do the same? :?
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:02 pm

The Chicago Cubs are done. The New York Mets crushed them in four games and will face either the Kansas City Royals or the Toronto Blue Jays in the World Series. Wasn't even close as the Cubs NEVER had the lead in any of the games. To be fair, Chicago accomplished a lot more than fans ever expected when the season began back in April. From cellar dwellers last year to the National League Championship Series the next. Nobody can complain about that (unless you're a Pirates or Cardinals fan). Still, it's another year with no World Series victory or even an appearance. That hurts. For now, I'll have to console myself with this and say, "Wait 'til next year!" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edkQdkZeeFg
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Oh, that sucks! :(

Sorry things didn't work out this year, Paula. I sincerely hope the Cubs do better ...and get that
World Series place, next year.

BTW - the video is awesome. *sniffle*
Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks, tactile. That's awfully sweet of you. Have to admit that video always brings a tear to my eye. How many times can you say that about a video game commercial? :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Rugby Union:

World Cup Final: Saturday, 31st October 2015

Result: New Zealand 34-17 Australia

New Zealand win for the second time in a row, making them the first team to retain their title.
They so deserved it too. They were in a different league to every other team. Just awesome!

Summary

The awesome Haka - Māori war dance!

Way to go the All Blacks! Image
Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby tactile » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Horse Racing:

Melbourne Cup 2015

Result: Tuesday, 3rd November 2015

Big congrats to Australian Michelle Payne, who has become the first female jockey to win Australia's
most prestigious horse race.

As it happens

Go Michelle! Image
~~ James Marsters ~~

Image Image
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Pretty excited to have Major League Baseball back especially with the Chicago Cubs on the upswing. I realize they're probably aren't too many baseball fans here at CDS, but I think even non-fans will get a kick out of the following video.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/04/06/170 ... s-adorable
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:04 am

I've been mostly quiet in this thread for the past several months because I didn't want to jinx my beloved Chicago Cubs who were picked to win the World Series at the start of the season and what do you know? THE CHICAGO CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Sweet Jesus Palomino! I still can't believe what I saw last night! Way to go, Chicago! Fly the W! :D
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Awww, this is adorable. How can anyone not love baseball?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4LrTkWq9jU
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm

It's been a while, but I have another adorable baseball themed video. I've read that after watching this, Chicago Cubs' 1st Baseman, Anthony Rizzo, has offered this little boy batting practice tickets prior to the game. I am so envious! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghXCglFl94o
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Sports