#001 Miscellaneous Sports News

Re: #001 Miscellaneous Sports News

Postby tactile » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Cycling News: Saturday, w25th July 2015

Tour de France - 2015

Big congratulations to Chris Froome. One more stage tomorrow – and that’s just a procession for the leaders, and a second Tour de France win in three years will be his – that, despite the disgusting abuse he and Team Sky have had to endure from some of the French crowd. :x

Summary details

Short interview
Way to go Chris! On your bike! Image

"Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby tactile » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Athletics News: Saturday, 29th August 2015

World Championships 2015:

Another double Gold Medal for Mo Farah
Big Congrats to Mo! The first triple-double gold medal winner in World Championship distance events Image

Now, if only I could find a Mobot smiley. Oh, this will have to do…

*scampers off before I iz thrown in the tower*

"Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:05 am

Is it any wonder why I love having Joe Maddon managing the Chicago Cubs? :lol: By the way, the Cubs are poised to make a playoff run for the first time in years and this is Maddon's first year as manager for the team.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/146343826 ... to-chicago
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:19 pm

Paula wrote:Is it any wonder why I love having Joe Maddon managing the Chicago Cubs? :lol: By the way, the Cubs are poised to make a playoff run for the first time in years and this is Maddon's first year as manager for the team.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/146343826 ... to-chicago

What-the, who-the, why-the, huh? :?

Good luck in the play-off run.

Go Cubs! Image

~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:36 pm

Don't you love their adorable onesies? :lol: That's the kind of manager Maddon is. He keeps the guys loose and never lets them forget that baseball is supposed to be fun! So what if the Cubs haven't been to a World Series since 1945 and haven't won one since 1908. They may not win it all this year. No one really expects them to, but this is a young team and for the first time in a long time, they have a bright future ahead of them. Hell, Jake Arrieta just pitched a no-no last night against the Dodgers! For non-baseball folk, that means that nobody on the other team got a hit.
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Hope Jake wasn't wearing his onesie. That would've been a whole other kind of pitching no-no. :D

~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:56 am

No, but Jake did wear his onesie (which was a mustache print) for the post game press conference. I would have loved to have seen the reporters' reaction when he walked in. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Sweet Jesus Palomino! The Chicago Cubs are headed to the National League Championship Series! :o Last night, they defeated the St. Louis Cardinals in Chicago to take the National League Division Series, three games to one. This is huge. For the record, while the Cubs have won a few playoff series in their long history, they've never clinched in Chicago. Now, they face either the Los Angeles Dodgers or the New York Mets. Not sure which team I want, to be honest. Just praying to the baseball gods that this is the year. Win four in the NLCS and it's on the World Series. Here are some mind boggling facts. This is manager Joe Maddon's first year with the organization. The team is full of rookies and there are a year ahead of schedule in being World Series contenders. Nobody, not even the most hardcore Cubs fan, expected this in 2015. The one exception? Joe Maddon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKQz81Oj_zw
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:32 pm

That's fantastic, Paula! :D

Go Joe! Go Cubs! Go Onesies!

~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Thanks, tactile. Good Lord, this weekend was just brutal for Chicago sports fans. Northwestern gets crushed for the second week in a row. The Bears throw up on themselves to give winless Detroit their first victory of the season. Then, we have the Cubs. Their two best pitchers, Jon Lester and Jake Arrieta, take on the Mets and lose. Game three is back in Chicago, but Kyle Hendricks is pitching. Not exactly a Cy Young hopeful. Please, baseball gods, be merciful! :cry: Cub fans have been waiting to see their team win it all since 1908. That's waaaay too long.
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Sports