#001 Miscellaneous Sports News

Re: #001 Miscellaneous Sports News

Postby tactile » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Athletics News:

Tuesday, 17th February

Russian athletics President resigns

"Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby tactile » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Rugby Union:

RBS Six Nations Trophy 2015:

Results: Saturday, 14th March

Wales 23 - 16 Ireland
England 25 - 13 Scotland

It’s now a three-way fight for the trophy

"Added to the sum, I'm BEAUTIFUL in all my insecurities & WEAKNESSES & PITIFULNESS”...
~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Major League Baseball is back finally and wouldn't you know it? My beloved Chicago Cubs already have a losing record. Welcome to the 107th year of rebuilding. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Already! How many games have they lost?

~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:46 pm

That would be one. Their first game was last night. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Sun May 03, 2015 5:36 pm

I watched the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight last night at my brother's house. Dear Lord, was it a bore. Fully expected the woman beater, Floyd Mayweather, to win. That was unfortunate. The big problem was that this fight should have taken place about seven years ago when these two fighters were in their prime. Instead, we got a boring bout with two over the hill boxers going for a money grab. What a shame. Boxing used to be pretty entertaining years ago. Not anymore. Oh, well. I still have MLB, NFL, NHL, and NASCAR. Great to see Dale Earnhardt, Jr. win again at Talladega earlier today. Now, if the Chicago Blackhawks win again tonight in the Stanley Cup playoffs, I'll be really happy. :D
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:20 pm

Don't know if they're any hockey fans here, but a belated congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks for winning their third Stanley Cup in the last six years. What a series against Tampa Bay! Here's hoping the Blackhawks success will eventually rub off on the Chicago Cubs who have gone 107 years since winning a championship. Yeah, it's been a bit of a rough patch for the North Siders. Don't even get me started on the hapless Chicago Bears. :roll:
Paula
Vamp

Postby tactile » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:16 pm

It sounds like the Cubs & Bears coaching staff could learn a thing or two from the Blackhawks coach...even if they are different sports. :?

~~ James Marsters ~~
tactile
Master Vamp

Postby Paula » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:02 am

tactile wrote:It sounds like the Cubs & Bears coaching staff could learn a thing or two from the Blackhawks coach...even if they are different sports. :?

This is Joe Maddon's first season managing the Cubs. You should have seen me jumping for joy when they hired him in the off season. Love, love, love the guy. Things are on the upswing for the Cubbies. Add in exciting new players like Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo and I can't help but have a sliver of hope. Still have a hard time picturing them in the World Series (I don't mean this season. I mean EVER.), but I don't see it as a complete impossibility like I used to. Hey, that's progress for a long suffering Cubs fan! :lol:

The Bears have a new head coach, Jon Fox. While I like the man, I don't see him turning the team around. Too many problems there starting with that assclown quarterback, Jay Cutler. I don't care that they worked together in Denver. The guy stinks. Still chaps my hide that the Bears signed him what seems like an eternity ago. Wonder how many interceptions he'll throw this year.

See what you did, tactile? You got me on a sports rant! ;) Not that I need a lot of prodding. Good thing with hockey over I only have two sports (baseball and NASCAR) to follow until fall.
Paula
Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:27 am

Found this earlier on You Tube. For the uninitiated, "Chelsea Dagger" is the song played at the United Center whenever the Chicago Blackhawks score a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsqhND8eIEs
Paula
Vamp

PreviousNext

Return to Sports