Introductions

For membership and details about accessing all areas of the board, please read the latest admin announcements.

Introductions

Postby Teep_P12 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 am

Since it's been a while, thought it might be nice for everyone to introduce themselves again.
Teep_P12
Site Admin

Re: Introductions

Postby Teep_P12 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am

To start things off...

My online name is Teep_P12 and my real life name is Theresa. I started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 1997 with School Hard because my sister told me there was a vampire on the show that would remind me of my best friend (and big time CRUSH) from high school that always bleached his hair and wore leather jackets. The episode was very intriguing and I decided to stick around for more. I think I may have caught a little bit of Ted previously and thought the show was super lame but would eventually go back and rewatch from episode one (and be annoyed by any angsty Bangel scenes!).

After trying every fan board from Buffy Cross & Stake to Whedonopolis, I finally found my home at The Bloody Awful Poet Society and eventually also CDS. Once BAPS was closed, CDS became my main online home and I've been (t)here ever since.

So many life changes have happened since the original board opened so many years ago (10 years...?). I've lived at home in Massachusetts and overseas in Hong Kong, I've had 5 or so different jobs in the apparel and software industries, I've travelled the world for Buffy conventions and work, and I married my high school best friend (Kizzmet101...who hopefully will join up again and participate in the photography threads).

Welcome back to the board!
Teep_P12
Site Admin

Postby zubiemom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 pm

I am also a Theresa, but most people online know me as zubiemom. (Zubie was my first Flat-Coated Retriever; there are still people in my dog training club who don't know my name. I'm Zubie's mom or Flyer, Giddy, or Kaylee's mom, depending on who they saw me with in classes.) I've lived in Houston, Texas all my life, and no, we're not all ignorant rednecks nor right-wingers in Texas. I first found fandom through BAPS, but migrated to CDS after it went away. While most of the folks on earlier versions of CDS were Spangel shippers, I'm a Spander fan, as well as Spiles and Spesley.

I watched the premiere of BTVS primarily to see what SMG would be like playing somebody other than Erica Kane's daughter. I discovered quickly that I loathed her new character even more than her former character, but the dialog was good, and I really liked Giles and Willow. Then Season 2 brought us Spike, and the show was All About Spike for me from then onward.

If you see me at a Con somewhere, I'll likely be in a power chair or mobility scooter. I was walking when I first entered this madness, but in 2005 I had a stroke. Recovered somewhat from that - my "walk" was more of a staggering lurch than a normal stride, but I could ambulate on foot. Now I have a collapsed disc in my lower back and brain stem atrophy, which have caused my legs to get MUCH weaker. That won't stop me from going to get my James!Fix though!
zubiemom
Child Vamp

Postby Paula » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi, I'm Paula. Usually, you'll find me griping sarcastically about the latest tv shows in the (duh) tv thread. My beloved BREAKING BAD may have ended, but there are still shows to talk about like THE WALKING DEAD, SLEEPY HOLLOW, and THE STRAIN. I'm also a wee bit fanatical about sports. It's not too bad though as I only follow MLB, NFL, college football, NHL, and NASCAR. :lol:
Paula
Vamp

Postby sister cuervo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Glad to see you all! I do hope Kizzmet joins in. He was so sweet when we met him in NY.
Paula!! I was wondering where you were. Glad to see you! I hope we can re-vamp the TV/Movie thread. I miss chatting with you & Myth.

Let's see, my daughter & I liked the movie, Buffy, and tuned in to see if we might enjoy the TV version. We both fell in love with it.
First for the Bangel romance, then for the snarky Brit vamp, Spike. It's been a long strange ride, but I've enjoyed every minute.
We live in Atlanta, GA and I try to attend one con a year. It's getting harder, though. My daughter can't attend, as she is in a wheelchair and heat & crowds are not good for her.
I'm a former art teacher of many long years and enjoy sorts of artwork, both seeing & doing.
sister cuervo
Vamp

Postby linpen » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 am

Hello i am Lynne from Perth Australia.

I started watching I had watched Buffy on and off for a while mostly odd episodes from the early seasons and Spike was my favourite character. Then I saw all of season 5 and became a rabid Spuffy :shock: :lol: . I then went back and watched all the episodes watching 6 and seven "liveish" . I went on the internet to learn more about the show and found fanfiction and then lj and fan forums . By nature I am a lurker but after watching cds for a while I delurked and have posted on and off ever since. Since then I have traveled to Melbourne and South Australia to see James at cons something I don't think I would have done without CDS members showing me the range of of people of all ages sexes and nationalities that do so.
linpen
Toddler Vamp

Postby Letsfightthatevil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi there,

I watched Buffy for the first time as late as 2011. Back when it aired, I dismissed it because I couldn't stand the Buffy/Angel relationship, so I didn't actually get to see beyond season 1, I don't think. Anyway, I watched it, because I had been reading some rather amazing mostly M/M BtVS fanfics without actually knowing any of the characters. I had become especially fond of fics involving a certain character named Spike. I found this youtube vid of him and OMG! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-33x6rNpDbY

And so I bought the series on DVD and fell head over heels in love with him. Still am 3 years later, really. I live in Europe, married, mother of two teenage kids. I write fanfiction, mostly Spike M/M and usually I tend to make poor Spike suffer rather unpeasantly, so you won't get any links to that part of my online life here.

I've seen James 3 times. Two of them were at a play in LA - the wonderful Bells of West 87th - and I did not stay afterwards to try to get a handshake or talk to him or anything which I regret. The first time was at an actual James event in London - the Christmas event in 2011. I saw a lot of members that I knew from the internet, but I didn't talk to more than two fans, one of whom introduced me to CDS. I can't for the life of me remember her CDS online name.

I'm an avid user of Livejournal. I love the ficiton and the art that still to this day is being produced. The stories over there have made me gasp, cry, and laugh countless of times. I'm so thankful I found that place and I will for ever feel most at home at Livejournal.
Letsfightthatevil
Baby Vamp

Postby Spike's Wolf » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:22 pm

On the board I am usually called 'Wolfie'. I started with CDS way back in September of 2003 (CDS is now 11 years old) when Tubby and the Viking created a new Spike board to replace the dead F4F. This is the 4th or 5th iteration and I love that CDS keeping on going. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and am now retired after working 46 years. I seem to be more busy than when I was working. I am into watercolor painting, nature photography, and travel. I have 2 Himalayan cats that they let me share their house with.

I became a Spike fan when he appeared in Buffy Season 2 and I didn't really watch Buffy until he came back in Season 4. When he moved to Angel I moved with him and began watching Angel. Was very unhappy when it was cancelled, however I had become a big JM fan and have followed his career since. This board (CDS) has become so much more than a Spike, Buffy, Angel, and Spangel fan site. Over the 11 years we have become friends. Hope to see you all on the threads.
Spike's Wolf
Master Vamp

Postby Berengaria » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Berengaria/Berry/Ber here. From Jacksonville, Florida...happily, merrily retired. Three grown kids. Once when severely heart-broken that my favorite show had gone off the air (Roswell) I happened to go to my first Con in Orlando. It was July 2003. While there I saw there was an auction. I am a sucker for a good auction (once bought a sick lizard at a herpetological auction) . So anyway this was for sitting with James Marsters at the dinner that night. I won. I still remember it like it was yesterday. He was mostly interested in what was good to eat from the buffet. But he was also blown away by the singing wars that broke out at the tables...he said this is what fandom should be like. This turned out to be a pretty pleasant experience for me...and I've been following the poor bloke around ever since. :D
Berengaria
Tween Vamp

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Myth here. I am she who hangs mostly in the TV and movie threads. I am an attorney, married and I have 3 kids. I started watching BTVS because of my kids. Me and vamps...my kids knew me so well. I almost stopped watching because of the urp that was Bangel but then I found out that Spike was going be a regular so I stayed hooked until the end. I have never liked DB but I was happy to follow Spike over to ATS and I swear Spike made Angel more interesting. I've seen JM at 2 conventions and at a concert on Long Island. The man is very charismatic. I started out at Hellmouthcentral but needing more of a Spike and Spuffy fix and a break from the shipper wars, I googled (yes, I googled) and found CDS.

Dear LETSFIGHTTHATEVIL, thank you, thank you, thank you for the video you posted above. O.M.G.!! I never saw that one before and it is amazing. If I had never seen BTVS before, I think I would be ordering the DVD's right now! That vid should be mandatory daily viewing IMHO :D Who knew that I would like Britney Spears so much? Not me.

Hey S.C., I need your shoulder for a good cry!! LONGMIRE has been canceled :( :( There is talk that TNT is shopping it around to other stations. Here's hoping.
"Cake or death?" Eddie Izzard DRESSED TO KILL
Myth
Vamp

Next

Return to Announcements & Introductions